Whats Up With The West - End?????

Well, i am going to san ann bay in august but i DO want to see the rest of the ibiza. the so called "classy" part, how much would it cost for a taxi or other method of transport to get there and back from san an bay

craigyt2k1 said:
Well, i am going to san ann bay in august but i DO want to see the rest of the ibiza. the so called "classy" part, how much would it cost for a taxi or other method of transport to get there and back from san an bay
a taxi from one side of the island to the other usually cost me roughly €20 (eg san an bay to ibiza town), the busses are way cheaper and quite regular,i think the disco bus was only bout €1.50 last year but the busses get extremely crowded and uncomfortable in the heat so its worth getting a taxi if you can afford it.

DJ Biff said:
sitting like sardines on a rock is classy?
having a meal with a little pot of sauce on your plate is classy?
being unable to distinguish the music from half a dozen different bars is classy?
having half the third world try to sell you things while you're trying to have a drink is classy?
people lounging all over the floor so you can't walk is classy?

ooh lawdy what am i missing?

djb

With you on this one Biff, imo sunset strip has gone downhill in last few years, at the most I will spend one night there but if we're going to watch sunset prefer to go to Kuhmaras.

I think I sense a bit of sour grapes from Mr Biff again......Could there be a undercurrent of bruised emotions hidden within you? Your idea of "class" is obviously different from those who enjoy that area of San An.....who's to say who's right, it's simply a matter of opinion. I like the place and I'll be back this year. Barbie on the other hand doesn't and probably won't bust a gut to visit and that's her prerogative

It's just I've noticed that you have serious issues with the most popular aspects of Ibiza as a whole......you have took the word "cynical" to a whole new level. Your posts however, do make me chuckle....

I prefer Ibiza town side of island for obvious reasons, but also because I don't want to be surrounded by mostly English people - i can do that back home.

Our friends came with us last year and they wanted to do the cheesy thing and visit San An. Me and my other half said point blank no! - why waste a pleasant evening in Ibiza town to go there? - i said they we're welcome to go and gave them advice on how to get there. They didn't go in the end and we had a wicked night at El Divino :p

OK, before you flame me, you do get some cool decent people in San An but they are outnumbered by the idiots. I've never seen any idiots in Ibiza town so we choose to go there instead - why not?

We have always stayed in Playa d'En Bossa because of the beach, location, space etc and until last year saw a few idiots around but last year saw a marked improvement - anyone else notice this?

I also think the older crowd prefer Ibiza town cos you know you aren't going to get any hassle and thats what you save hard for.

It amazes me why people get bashed for giving their opinions and advice on the better side of Ibiza :x

Surely that's the whole point in people asking in the first place!

I am with Biff to a certain extent on this one aswell.

At the end of the day the sunset strip is a collection of bars where similarly dresssed people listen to the same music and eat the same food.

The west end is the same except it caters for a different crowd.

The whole scene is like that now to a certain extent.

The other side of the coin is that if all those people weren't there they would probably be spoiling the places worth seeking out.

west end argument

The whole argumant about the West end depends on what You are looking for in a Holiday.
If u are with a load of mates who like cheap booze and like to drink lots of it then they will probably prefer the west end.
having said that there is more to San An than the West End but u have got to be clever and go looking for it. The Sunset Bars are nice and Bar M seems to have an Ok crowd of people there.
I started off in San An 10 years ago but it wasn't as bad then.
The better clubs in my view are over in Ibiza Town anyway.
The West End is exactly like Blackpool. Ibiza Town is more like somewhere abroad with a cosmopolitan vibe. The people are more civilised with their approach to going out.
The beaches arn't that good in san an either.
There is a lot more trance being played over in san an as well mainly because there is a younger crowd over there.
Its more housey on the other side.
The clubs are a little bit better in san an with regards to the loutish behaviour but still expect to see at least 2 or 3 people being sick
so if u want a good laugh getting drunk with your mates then the west end is fine
If u fancy a good night of good music with a cool atmosphere throughout the bars and the clubs then you are best off in or near the old town.

I think your missing the point being made in Biffs post.

He is a bit sick of people going on about the 'real' ibiza then talking about the same 5 square miles and two or three activities the island has to offer.

It sok to talk about clubbing e.t.c. and go to the same place year in year out but that isnt the 'real' ibiza.

Ibiza is not Ibiza without it.I LOVE IT!!!!!If you are ther for 5 months it gets mundane going clubbing every night and a stroll down the west end is pure entertainment.Get there early get a good seat oh and go and drink as much as you want for e10 in Strikers,usually good fun,just don't use the toilets.Oh and The Howard@ Play 2 is full of workers every week for Gaz and Adi,it's on a Saturday though and so is Retro this year,sorry adi babe ;)

I thought we were talkning about clubbing as we r on the clubbing forum.
If ur talking about ibiza on the whole then it doesn't matter where u stay because there are lots of buses to get to different places or u can hire a scooter or car. If u are going over for the nightlife then its always best to stay where the nightlife is. So depending on the type of nightlife u like depnds on wether u stay in san an or ibiza town. If u hate the idea of disco's and nightclubs then try somewhere where there is a nice beach e.t.c

DJ Biff said:
sitting like sardines on a rock is classy?

:lol: :p :lol: :p :lol:

pic19.jpg

without meaning to be upsetting anyone but what is your beef with the west end??? do u all have a thing for being seen in the right places and drinking the right (expensive) drinks? what is the problem of finding a nice bar in the west end (they do exsist) and having a few cheap beers before going off clubbing? Now i like cafe del mar etc as much as the rest of u but i resent paying way over the odds for a beer that i can get half the price less than a mile away.... it aint as bad as made out by some...perhaps they should think of there wallet more so than there reputation...thanks

well said encore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my thoughts exactly

lets just hope the wem aint got any comments on this

I've just got back from a week in San An, oh my god whats happened to the West End :cry: I went about 6 years ago & it was great, brilliant atmosphere etc... But this time I can't believe what a bunch of w@*kers are hanging out the typical yobbish behaviour drunken guys trying to bend over & look up my friends skirt etc. etc.

Next time I visit the white isle I'll definately be staying somewhere like Ibiza town or Playa D'en Bossa so there'll be no need to venture anywhere near the West End ever again!!!

But apart from that I've had a wicked time :D :D

the first time i went to san an, we were told by the rep´s that 5 brits were killed from drinking and falling off the balcony in San An - only....the year after the hotels has steel wires on the top floor just to prevent such stupid things from happening again!

ive been down there quite a few times on nights where we had to give clubbing a break. its fine if you want a cheap piss up and to go on the pull, but look out for the bouncers in these dingy places. Some of them think they are judge and jury.

Ive seen guys sprayed with pepper spray in the eyes then being kicked round the head by these bastards, for what it seems are minor skirmishes.
Ive also seem women man handled.

I was only there last week and some guy had been absolutely battered by bouncers, he was in a right state.

if u do get lashed, have enough sense to know how to get out of situations like these.

well it seems to me as a quiet violent place for sure, so thats why i avoid it in the first place, i dont mind people getting drunk and partying, we all have our strange little ways...but so many people together and the types there just scare me off!

West End has its charm

We are two Danes who like the West End, because of all the drunk and cute brits :) Well, we also love Amnesia, Eden, Es Paradis and the other large clubs, but West End has a certain charm to it. Where else in Ibiza can you get plastered for so little money? Favorite club is TROP'S, due to its great music and marvellous djs and bartenders :lol:

Spent three weeks in San Antonio this summer, and are coming back for at least three more next summer! See you then, let's have fun!!!!

Cheers,

Anette & Karina

P.S. Some brits taught us the word 'custey' (not sure of spelling) - can anyone please tell us what this word means in English?

cant be arsed with san an anymore let alone west end gonna stay somewhere else next year,i didnt mind the west end last year but spent one night there this year and it has nothing to offer in the way of fun,its horrible

The West End is like Blackpool in the sun. Its tackey but fun if your pissed.
I wouldn't go if your pilled up though cos it gets lairy.
:D

Back