What's the weather like at the moment?

Looking at sat24; seems (although the webcams show the beaches on Ibiza to be sunny just now) that this evening you might in for a spectacular sound-and-light show!! Enjoy.
The storms could well drift away south-eastwards though.

Way back to San An on the disco bus at 05:30 this morning, saw some great fork lightening behind Privilege towards the north. A brief downpour when I got off at the bus station. Lasted all of 2mins. Really freshened me up on my walk home.

Okay, so last night very high winds coming in from the west woke me up in the early hours. Conditions very choppy out there. One vessel has run aground and is on fire - currently a helicopter is doing runs to put it out. Also witnessed a ferry really struggling with the conditions as it came into San Antonio. It nearly aborted several times. Finally it did seem to make it. In resort, the breeze has actually made the temperature very pleasant. The sun is still out. Guessing this will catch a lot of people unawares - apply that suncream! The sea is treacherous.

Okay, so last night very high winds coming in from the west woke me up in the early hours. Conditions very choppy out there. One vessel has run aground and is on fire - currently a helicopter is doing runs to put it out. Also witnessed a ferry really struggling with the conditions as it came into San Antonio. It nearly aborted several times. Finally it did seem to make it. In resort, the breeze has actually made the temperature very pleasant. The sun is still out. Guessing this will catch a lot of people unawares - apply that suncream! The sea is treacherous.

Meanwhile in South Devon ... P7155887 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Can anyone recommend the best place to find out weather reports for Ibiza online? I will be in Ibiza from the 10th - 17th, but the weather reports vary. One source has beautiful sunshine while the other shows thunderstorms. Can anyone recommend the best reliable source for weather reports in Ibiza?

Cheers.

Umbrella or Parasol?

weather1a.jpg

just take a poncho in a bum bag in case. i've spent the last few weeks drenched in sweat on mainland. getting through 3 tshirts a day. drinking gallons of water/KAS/Estrella etc and hardly needing to piss. not complaining at all but it has felt like the most intense summer in years

go easy on him JM! ;)

it‘s hot, albeit not as crazy hot as a week ago. it‘s mostly sunny, although the last few days saw some clouds and we had rain (hallelujah!) twice. it hadn‘t rained since I can‘t remember when so we‘re all glad we got a bit of it.

next days look the same; sun, bit of clouds and maybe the odd thunderstorm here and there which is typical for august here

go easy on him JM! ;)

it‘s hot, albeit not as crazy hot as a week ago. it‘s mostly sunny, although the last few days saw some clouds and we had rain (hallelujah!) twice. it hadn‘t rained since I can‘t remember when so we‘re all glad we got a bit of it.

next days look the same; sun, bit of clouds and maybe the odd thunderstorm here and there which is typical for august here
BBC reporting 40% chance of rain on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We arrive Sunday! Hmmmmm. Just hoping to avoid a repeat of the storms and floods of a couple of years ago.

BBC reporting 40% chance of rain on Thursday, Friday, Saturday. We arrive Sunday! Hmmmmm. Just hoping to avoid a repeat of the storms and floods of a couple of years ago.

friday daytime currently looks a wet one else good. also think that after that it might get stable again

Back