What's the weather like at the moment?

About the weather :
Right here, right now, in the northest place of the island, on my terrace (which is in the shade all day long) :
26° degrees, no wind, clear (not totally blue) sky 🤩😎

To be honest?
The crowd in ibiza today doesn't deserve a place like this.
Last weekend, which was a closing weekend, at 7pm Sunday we were only 50 people dancing "al aire libre", with a fantastic sound system and a very good line-up. Between Las Dalias Garden and Akasha, the concept looks awesome to me.

But I'm a dinosaur.
For me it seemed the best place on earth to finish a clubs closing weekend in ibiza.
But it seems that 99% of the ibiza closings crowd desagree with me.
I think a lot has to do with its location. Unfortunately unless you live nearby it’s a bit of a mission to get there especially if you don’t have a car which shouldn’t be an option after a club night, unless totally sober and taxis, to get there and back from, can be really expensive depending which part of the island you are coming from.
I’d love to try as their music programming is pretty good IMO but I’m unfortunately too far.

We went directly from Bora Bora by taxi for 24€.
The price of a long drink in any clubs.
OK. I thought it was more than that but if you think about two rides coming up to almost 50€ just for taxis, it does make it quite expensive.

About the weather :
Right here, right now, in the northest place of the island, on my terrace (which is in the shade all day long) :
26° degrees, no wind, clear (not totally blue) sky 🤩😎
Same here in the south en la ciudad. A mixture of clouds and sun and a bit windy, still had a couple of dips in the sea tho. Amazing!

update from the weather front - it's still VERY warm. am still in shorts, flipflops and a t-shirt during the day and still swimming in the sea. now after the halloween bank holiday it really starts getting quiet and from tomorrow onwards we'll get strong northern wind, which will pull the temperatures down a notch, but there's no rain on the horizon still for the next few days...

It certainly doesn’t feel like 5 November! People sunbathing on the Standard rooftop.

So much warmer & dryer than around this time last year.

Amazing weather today, very sunny and actually quite hot, early afternoon el reloj de Vara de Rey said 26°
Unfortunately rain is forecasted for the next three or four days starting as early as this morning at 1:00 am.
Hope they are wrong, could do with some more playa and swim time 😎

Well... I'm not sure it's a good thing, the island (all southern Europe imo) needs some rain..
Absolutely, I agree, we all need rain, Ibiza more than ever, especially after the hot, busy summer we had.
It's just the thought of the four days in a row I don't like the sound of it, especially now that the beaches are so quiet and it's so good to swim in clean, clear waters again.

There you go, that looks like a stream of fresh rainwater heading across the beach! Need plenty more days ot that.
Crossing central Spain last week, the ground throughout the flight was not just brown, but a very yellowy-brown, so parched. No rain in Spain today, just the Balearics.
Screenshot (35).png

This kind of news will polarise the forum into those who think it is great news and those (like me) who are very unnerved by what is happening.

Stats are stats, but will they report "the coldest February on record" in the same way?

My views, the earth has always had climate change, the uk was once a sub-tropical climate, and then was under ice for about 1.5m years (and only ended 10000 yrs ago appx) so change isn't the worry.

What is is the speed of change, and all we need to know is look at Venus with it's soar-away temperatures, the hottest planet and there's one much nearer the sun which isn't as hot, because venus has that thick atmosphere of CO2.

When Ukraine/Russia is out of the way, we need to crack on and get solar/wind/wave/tidal/nuclear power sorted. It's putting high expense first, for years and years of cheap energy which won't add CO2 to the air, so even climate change deniers will appreciate cheaper power?

Every new build should have solar panels and a small wind generator as standard IMO.

So I hope I can't be accused of being either a denier or extremist....now't wrong with paying now for renewables so our future supplies are guaranteed! In any case, gas/oil will naturally run out, we can't keep finding fields forever, it's a limited supply.

Well... I'm not sure it's a good thing, the island (all southern Europe imo) needs some rain..
Summer without rain is kind of normal in the south of Europe , but not like it was this summer , central and Northern Europe are very dry also and even now that the temperature are back to normal ( for country like Germany , Belgium, Holland , north of France ) I guess same in the uk ?! We don’t have the rain the nature need to get !
The things we are talking for years are becoming a really even sooner than we think ..

I could do with some of that sun.

It's raining like there's no tomorrow on the west coast of Norway. There are floods in several places today. The civil defence force has being mobilized. Communities are isolated. Looks like a normal year really.

Summer without rain is kind of normal in the south of Europe , but not like it was this summer , central and Northern Europe are very dry also and even now that the temperature are back to normal ( for country like Germany , Belgium, Holland , north of France ) I guess same in the uk ?! We don’t have the rain the nature need to get !
The things we are talking for years are becoming a really even sooner than we think ..
Temperature definitely not back to normal here in Newcastle. Been 17/18 degrees a few days this week which is literally unheard of for this time
Of year. If it wasn’t for a strong wind it would of been t shirt weather:lol:. Looks like next week will be the start of winter all be it about a month late (and still not as cold as normal)

Back