What would you like to see in ibiza 2004??

[quote="Barbie"

Alright the people I pay to hang around with me so I look like I'm popular :p[/quote]

May be you should try it too Robo ;) :p

TigerVlc said:
Poison Ivy said:
I'd like to see cocoon again... 8)
there are some rumours that this year was the last season for cocoon@ amnesia... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would save Cocoon for the music of the terrace regardless many people is still not used to minimal techno and elektropop. Why is the inner room so crowded with such a crappy and way too speedy music and there is very few people on the terrace? You should listen to Ricardo Villalobos's sets. They are brilliant. 8)

Richie Hawtin instead was playing an annoying and cheesy boomboomboom. :confused:

I disagree......Coccoon was my favourite experience and i'm not even a techno fan.......hawtin was brilliant.

I hope Cream disappears......cheesy rubbish, or at least relocate it to Eden with the other cheesy nights.

What did you think about the music of the terrace despite it was almost empty? It had much more quality IMO. The DJs were Ricardo Villalobos, a great German DJ of Chilean parents, and Les Schmitz. They were playing not so speedy BPM's and not so monotonous music.

If you have heard a set of the master of techno Laurent Garnier you'll know the difference between repetitive techno and a texturized and perfectionist techno full of sounds and details. Now I'm talking about pure techno, not minimal.

On the other hand I'd like more people got used to minimal techno and elektropop. It's pure quality too. I'm sure if many people listened to it the terrace would get very crowded. Elektropop adds sudden rhythm changes from song to song (but keeping the BPM's the same), as breakbeats or drums like in the 80's, it's like techno but without the characteristic drums of techno. I discovered it last year but didn't appreciate it till this summer in Ibiza. 8) 8)

well, that's all a matter of taste, you know...
in western europe techno (minimal, hard, fast) is VERY popular!!! väth and garnier count as much too slow regarding the BPM. have you ever heard chris liebing or dj rush??? THEY spin some really hard, monotonous techno...and the crowd loves them...
anyway, I don't like too hard techno either.

still, you can't compare hawtin to garnier or väth. hawtin does some minimal-acid-techno.
garnier is kind of detroit-techno.
and väth pure german techno and electro!!!
... there are massive differences between these styles...

ricardo villalobos counts as minimal-house!!! btw. a GREAT dj in my opinion!
miss kittin or dj hell are electro djs...

I personally, like the väth-style most :D

I hope cocoon will stay in amnesia. it brings some variety into the house- and trance-ruled clubbingscene in ibiza...

well...
Missed out on Kumharas the last time, so this is what Im gonna do again!
I also missed out on Bambuddhas Grove so that´s also on my to-do list!
Also: cave excursion and more beaches and definately Selinas! more beautiful sunsets and also some boattrips!

Poison Ivy said:
well, that's all a matter of taste, you know...
in western europe techno (minimal, hard, fast) is VERY popular!!! väth and garnier count as much too slow regarding the BPM. have you ever heard chris liebing or dj rush??? THEY spin some really hard, monotonous techno...and the crowd loves them...
anyway, I don't like too hard techno either.

still, you can't compare hawtin to garnier or väth. hawtin does some minimal-acid-techno.
garnier is kind of detroit-techno.
and väth pure german techno and electro!!!
... there are massive differences between these styles...

ricardo villalobos counts as minimal-house!!! btw. a GREAT dj in my opinion!
miss kittin or dj hell are electro djs...

I personally, like the väth-style most :D

I hope cocoon will stay in amnesia. it brings some variety into the house- and trance-ruled clubbingscene in ibiza...

I know Hawtin use to play minimal techno too, but not in Cocoon at all.

As for Ricardo Villalobos, does he play minimal house only??, I thought he played minimal techno, even tech-house. The truth is that I find easy to mistake minimal techno for tech-house sometimes, and I guess minimal house as well. :oops: But are you sure they play minimal house in Cocoon on the terrace? I didn't notice the characteristic bass sound of house in that set. Maybe I'm recalling Les Schmitz's set.

At least both of us consider Villalobos as a brilliant DJ with a brilliant future ahead. 8)

Don't mean to say that Cocoon must disappear from Ibiza, totally opposite to that. But I would love to see the terrace full of people whilst Villalobos is playing and not so hard techno inside. :rolleyes:

Robder's suggestions

A Tenaglia residency somewhere.

A more European, fashionista crowd at Pacha.

Less overcrowding in Pacha.

Higher sound levels in Space.

The birh of another al fresco dancing space with no big name promoters or residential areas nearby.

The Euro to go down against the pound.

Less rip off merchants.

More imaginative promotion teams and less record label w*nk offs.

Divas at Space on Sundays (Kathy Brown/Babs Tucker etc).

Themed parties such as Vivid taking over the terrace again on Sundays.

A consistently busier Ibiza town at night.

Bring on the trannies!

8)

I know Hawtin use to play minimal techno too, but not in Cocoon at all.

As for Ricardo Villalobos, does he play minimal house only??, I thought he played minimal techno, even tech-house. The truth is that I find easy to mistake minimal techno for tech-house sometimes, and I guess minimal house as well. :oops: But are you sure they play minimal house in Cocoon on the terrace? I didn't notice the characteristic bass sound of house in that set. Maybe I'm recalling Les Schmitz's set.

At least both of us consider Villalobos as a brilliant DJ with a brilliant future ahead. 8)

Don't mean to say that Cocoon must disappear from Ibiza, totally opposite to that. But I would love to see the terrace full of people whilst Villalobos is playing and not so hard techno inside. :rolleyes:
well, villalobos stands for pure minimal-house... of course it does not have the characteristic bass sound of house - but it's still considered house... 8)
believe me, villalobos is a very popular (minimal)house dj in germany and austria...
besides, that is the concept of cocoon: techno inside and house at the terrace...

Poison Ivy said:
well, villalobos stands for pure minimal-house... of course it does not have the characteristic bass sound of house - but it's still considered house... 8)
believe me, villalobos is a very popular (minimal)house dj in germany and austria...
besides, that is the concept of cocoon: techno inside and house at the terrace...

Now I'm totally puzzled. Then how can I get the difference among minimal house, minimal techno and tech-house? I was sure that what I heard was minimal techno.

Why is it called minimal house if it doesn't have the typical house low bass and the sounds are so close to techno?

Moreover I've always thought that tech-house is like minimal techno but with a house bass.

TigerVlc said:
Now I'm totally puzzled. Then how can I get the difference among minimal house, minimal techno and tech-house? I was sure that what I heard was minimal techno.

Why is it called minimal house if it doesn't have the typical house low bass and the sounds are so close to techno?

Moreover I've always thought that tech-house is like minimal techno but with a house bass.
hm, very simplyfied:
minimal techno is much faster and harder than minimal house...
The usual definition of tech-house: a more stripped-down take on house, using more synthetic-techno style sounds as opposed to the sampled disco and vocals of regular house.

anyway, who cares as long as the music rocks? :D
and in the end, it's all a matter of personal taste...

Oh Gawd this is sooooo boring! Change the script please!! I hate these music genre debates.
...and also it's nothing to do with what the original thread was all about.

NITEFLY said:
must lower water prices its a joke

amnesia.jpg
<--- :x

Well the things I don't want to see.
1: Beer Boys
2: The expensive cost of drinks (cheap skate you shout),
3: Dj Sammy
4: Day time
and 5: Dj Sammy

Things I do want to see and do
1:We love Sundays @ Space,
2: Dj Sammy @ the waterparty thing (me not personnally going but just to get rid of the beer boys from other nights) :evil:
3: To hear Tiesto play Nightmare by Brainbug again (I have never felt so happy in my life)
4: Make it to Hed Kandi without Danni Minogue singing (nice lass but no live performances please)

Back