What UK nightclubs do u rate?

Lusha

Im really bored of clubbing in london at the moment so i want to check out some diffrent uk clubs, which ones do u rate?

Outside London, I like Sankeys, Bed, The Honeyclub and Basics (altho I've not been since it moved to Rehab).

Want to try out Air, heard good reports bout that since it opened.

my fave venues are Pacha and Fabric. Theres not many actually. And we're talking strictly venues not nights cos some nights at Fabric are pants!

Barbie said:
Outside London, I like Sankeys, Bed, The Honeyclub and Basics (altho I've not been since it moved to Rehab).

whats the honeyclub like? r u on about the one in brighton? 8)

Lusha said:
whats the honeyclub like? r u on about the one in brighton? 8)

Yep, Friday nights are funky, Saturday nights are more trancey/harder. It's quite a small club but always a blinding atmosphere, the only bad thing about it is that all clubs in Brighton shut at 3 or 4 :rolleyes:

in Glasgow i can recommend & warn u off of...

Good

Subculture @ Sub Club (sat) - not been myself but have only heard good things - Depp House the main style but covers tech-house, hip hop etc

Optimo @ Sub Club (sun) - again not been but friend swears by it - very eclectic night a la 2manydjs style

Offset @ Cube (fri) - usually a cracking night, house in main room, sometimes guests like Scumfrog, Sandy Rivera etc

Pressure @ The Arches (last fri of month) - Slam promoted night - 1 arch house, 1 arch techno - top quality djs every month in a real underground feel venue

Colours @ The Arches (first sat of month) - usually good but recently booking cheese - guests include sasha, digweed, morillo, deep dish - normally either prog house house

Groovejet @ Trash (sat) - not a big ngiht but the house room is hosted by the former Tunnel room 2 djs - playing good house music with the odd Tunnel classic thrown in - usually ending with classic trance for a couple of tunes. good banter with the djs too - they are usually more drunk than the crowd!

BAD

Shack &
The Garage - student venues, crap music, worse crowd

Destiny &
Archaos - ned-fests, most likely places to get trouble, cheesy trance zones

Most clubs in Glasgow now run the 2 room basis - 1 playing house music, the other playing commerical RnB - avoid the RnB rooms like the plague!

xpander said:
Circus and Chibuku Shake Shake at the Masque in Liverpool are great nights. ;)

Where on the Wirral you from?

I'm playing The Masque on 7th November, get yo' ass there ;)

Didn't see any of y'all mentioning CasaMusica or Redlight :eek: :p

Alex Williams said:
xpander said:
Circus and Chibuku Shake Shake at the Masque in Liverpool are great nights. ;)

Where on the Wirral you from?

I'm playing The Masque on 7th November, get yo' ass there ;)

Didn't see any of y'all mentioning CasaMusica or Redlight :eek: :p

I live in Pensby and I'll do my best to be there on the 7th !! ;)

i met craig who won first big brother in the honeyclub in brighton

girls i went with were well excited and one of them kept trying to snog him but he was so drunk he could barely stand up

annannanna said:
what night are you playing at the masque?

It's a charity one-off thing. Don't know much info on it tbh, all sorted through my GF (who is also playing).

Think there's 2 bands on, then me & Amy.

Tickets will be on sale at Phase Records (formerly Plastic) very soon. Help a good cause and hear damn sexy House music ;)

I used to love travelling to clubs, in the last year tho I've been a lazy git :D

saying that, I could never get bored of London, weather it sipping beer in soho, or aving it til the early hours, london has it all :D

macdonsj said:
in Glasgow i can recommend & warn u off of...

Good

Subculture @ Sub Club (sat) - not been myself but have only heard good things - Depp House the main style but covers tech-house, hip hop etc

Optimo @ Sub Club (sun) - again not been but friend swears by it - very eclectic night a la 2manydjs style

Offset @ Cube (fri) - usually a cracking night, house in main room, sometimes guests like Scumfrog, Sandy Rivera etc

Pressure @ The Arches (last fri of month) - Slam promoted night - 1 arch house, 1 arch techno - top quality djs every month in a real underground feel venue

Colours @ The Arches (first sat of month) - usually good but recently booking cheese - guests include sasha, digweed, morillo, deep dish - normally either prog house house

Groovejet @ Trash (sat) - not a big ngiht but the house room is hosted by the former Tunnel room 2 djs - playing good house music with the odd Tunnel classic thrown in - usually ending with classic trance for a couple of tunes. good banter with the djs too - they are usually more drunk than the crowd!

BAD

Shack &
The Garage - student venues, crap music, worse crowd

Destiny &
Archaos - ned-fests, most likely places to get trouble, cheesy trance zones

Most clubs in Glasgow now run the 2 room basis - 1 playing house music, the other playing commerical RnB - avoid the RnB rooms like the plague!

Optimo and Subculture are fantastic. You should get yourself along there, sonny.

I have the problem of having to work on a Monday!! lol

we tried to get in to Subculture one week but were knocked back - apparently too dressed (remember previous thread)

Yeah, now I work Mondays, it's really difficult for me to go.

You should try to check out Black Rabbit Whorehouse at the sub club, on a Friday. It's on every 5 weeks (rotating with the other Friday-nighters) and is a really good glitch/micro-house night (think Akufen). It's also by the same djs as Optimo but far less busy.

Are you going to Pressure this month?

Barbie said:

Any excuse to come to the bint pad! :lol: :p

Sankeys, The Cross, MOS, Mint, Pacha, PaSSion. ;)

One of the few clubs I´ve been to in the UK is China White and even though the interieure is gorgeous, the champagne is exquisit and the people are gorgeous - I really can´t deal with the place as everyone seems to be like a bunch of wannabies. I was there with a couple of "celebs" from Denmark I know from old days, and some English people recongised them and they were all talk, talk talk...I was like: I need to get out of this place and left after only an hour!

Would love to go to a real Gatecrasher/Cream party sometime!

Back