What Style Do You Prefer? Trance, Prog. Or House?

CanadaKid said:
Things like DJ Sammy and Eiffel 65 and that shouldn't be called trance. I call it club dance, but in reality it's s.h.i.t.e. plain and simple.

Can't disagree more. DJ sammy defines what good dance music and DJing is all about

Dj Sammy - are we being serious here!
8)

DJ Sammy = Joke DJ, would suit kids disco at a school maybe!

Can't disagree more. DJ sammy defines what good dance music and DJing is all about

Dublin Born must be avin a lil larf wiv us mefinx

Well, he must have a few fans, or else he wouldn't have his own night at that water party in es paradis!

Valid point, but then again......................

The Birdie Song got to number 1 in the UK - but it don't make it a good song!!!!!

Flintstone the movie got decent viewing figures - but it ain't a classic

Catch me drift!

etc.....

Yes, I quite agree - still each to their own n all that!!!!!!

It needs to be jumpin and pumpin...big bass lines but have a bit of a soul to it. Good house...not cheesy...cannot be topped although I used to like the old trance and D&B...Anyone remember Goa trance :?: :?:

By the way I'm the type who is always pestering djs to play harder and louder :eek: :eek: :eek: :twisted:

Goa trance :D as far as I am concerned is THE GENRE for dance music!

EVERYTHING else pales into insignificance, Proper basslines, mad acid lines, tribal feel - Ahhhh!!!!!!

I want my Art Of Trance, Union Jack etc.............

Trance has taken a real nosedive since those days, sad but inevitable!!! :(

love techno in all forms love trance cant stand the euro pop ones and not a big fan of hard trance either i like it smooth, but it really depends on the mood, house is funktastic .....but too all people dissing trance being too commercial ..............House can be commercially anoying also :confused:

Toffer said:
Goa trance :D as far as I am concerned is THE GENRE for dance music!

Trance has taken a real nosedive since those days, sad but inevitable!!! :(

with u on that i do prefer the older tunes also, goa trance ahhhh, but dont forget there are alot great strong incredible tunes out there and when your fav DJ spins it..... makes everything feel just right ;)

counting the days till that happens

I have really versatile tastes in music but House definately does it for me when im in my dancing shoes...funky and deep are my favourites. i like trbal stuff too. Can't stand really commercial dance stuff like DJ Sammy -its so head wrecking !!

Everything techy, tech house, techno, tech trance, and progressive aswell.

I love it all. As long as the tunes are good that is!

It depends what I'm in the mood for at the time. House is best in the summer when it's hot and your dancing somewhere like Space or Bora Bora. Prog is best when you're off your head in a club and Trance is great because of the atmosphere you get in the clubs. You can't beat trance club nights for atmosphere and the people you meet. Everyone's just so up for it.

Its all about House for me...

Very soulful and funky with lots of vocals. A couple of years ago @ Space on the terrace the DJ dropped Billy Jean in the mix and the whole place went crazy!!!!

I got 21 days to go........!

TECHNO!!!! 8)

but i also like techhouse and minimal house...
trance bores me somehow :rolleyes:

trance 10 years ago used to be cool. the stuff played by sven väth then. the kind of trance that was released on labels like eye q and harthouse.

Back