What Style Do You Prefer? Trance, Prog. Or House?

House for me
I don't mind trance as long as its good trance and not poppy stuff.
I also like R&B
And most other forms of music that don't contain a rock guitar.

I love loads of different styles of music – depending on what mood I’m in, although my favourite when I’m in a club is house.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my trance ideally a bit proggy and a bit tribal (GOA trance is the greatest music of all time!!!!)

But house is not bad to be fair, just not my scene but good to get funky to!!

Yep that is the problem with trance, it gets very euro pop cheezy at the commercial end of the market!

Toffer said:
Yep that is the problem with trance, it gets very euro pop cheezy at the commercial end of the market!

Oh tell me why do they build castles in the sky? :x :lol:

scary - this is why I have had so many arguments with my mates.

I LOVE my trance, but when my mate demanded that we got up and danced to Ia Van Dahl, he got offended when I said "F*ck off I ain't dancing to this euro pop sh*t!"

Trance = ethereal vibe, tribal vibe, screaming acid line etc...

Europop = Cheezy lyrics, gives trance a bad name.

This is why today when I tell people I am into trance I then have to spend 15 minutes explaining where I am coming from!

Scooter/Ian Van Dahl etc..... = Satan on earth raping my music genre!!!!!

Toffer said:
This is why today when I tell people I am into trance I then have to spend 15 minutes explaining where I am coming from!

I get that even when I tell people I like clubbing and house music. They automatically think I like my glosticks and whistles! My moto is if someone doesn’t understand I don’t try and explain it, let them think what they want. If they don’t understand then I don’t want them to – let them go dance to hi ho silver lining down the local ritzy!

your right of course!

having sail all that I still love me glowsticks - I know, I know, but it's an old acid thing that I still love (no longer the acid though!)

All music is great depending on the mood your in and what kind of vibe you are feeling that night. But if it is one night in Ibiza and thats it, I want to hear trance. But like all of you said this mainstream top 40 bullshit trance is a joke!!!!!

Hmmmm, I don't try and pigeonhole myself usually. I was first into house, then loved the real Hard House (Tony De Vit style) back in 96/97, then trance, then more techno........ but now I'm well back into house and techno......... think Derrick Carter, Erick Morillo, DJ Falcon, Carl Cox and Francois K all doing a day on the Space Terrace and you what I like...... :p

me no like glowsticks, whistles etc...Not nig on Lasgo, Ian Van Dahl either - but this is not trance - Those groups are eurodance/poodance - aint got nuttin´to do with the real mccoy!

started on acidy techno then hard house then house but can dance to anything except euro trance(its an english disease) but the future is definitly TRIBAL ON THE TERRACE cant wait if anyone can recommend any good tribal cds post here, love steve lawler, thick dick etc

House all the way.

Tribal/Funky/Disco/Prog/Tech/Soulful/Gospel/etc

(Don't like R&B/Garage/Trance apart from a very few exceptions)

I'm still a proper raver at heart and still love the trancy stuff. GodsKitchen and Crasher, whatever their faults, throw good parties. I like the lights and the smiles and the happy music. Psy-trance is my no1 choice but mrs rustywoo is not a big fan of dirty places with smelly people so I only go occasionally.

I also love disco and am delighted it is back. ElectroDisco is sweeeping the world and I, for one, am glad.

Prog is dull, it never goes anywhere. You dance for hours waiting for something to happen to the music and it never does.

Dont like 'soft' music (Hed Kandi etc) or R'n'B or anything too 'tribal' that much

Tech stuff is cool as is good quality wibbly-wobbly ambient stuff

I like trance - nice uplifting vocals really do me :D
I like proggy
I like funky
And my favorite is deep, sexy house! It gets in this frame of mind where i'm in my own world and i just lose it! I'm totally self absorbed, dancing and theres nothing that can pull me out. Thats just a wicked wicked feeling! :p 8) :twisted:

Back