what some of the locals think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
41441493_250201802308384_1755168042259578880_n.jpg

41477443_250201818975049_5260391140011540480_n.jpg
41273920_250201805641717_538778444415107072_n.jpg

seen a article earlier and it was about the elections coming up, with a photograph with a wall with graffiti saying "tourists you are the real terrorist" why is some local and permanent residents so annoyed at tourists or partygoers?

seen a article earlier and it was about the elections coming up, with a photograph with a wall with graffiti saying "tourists you are the real terrorist" why is some local and permanent residents so annoyed at tourists or partygoers?
Maybe you should read all 23 pages here so far to get a better idea?

Attitudes like that is the reason the island is in the shape it is. Yes, blame it on the tourists, not the people in charge. Some of these residents need to take a long look at themselves.

what you two, lfc63amg and Neo95gt, should do is to read more before voicing your opinions. for starters, that graffitti mentioned above is not even in ibiza but in mallorca, where a group called arran exists... we don't even have something like that here so stop exaggerating!

nintchdbpict000345702695.jpg

thesun

So those attitudes don’t exist in Ibiza? Ok.

The attitude of SOME of the locals/workers towards us has been horrendus this year in particular clearly don’t want us here!

But then you have others who couldn’t be more welcoming and kind...strange one

so another article equating music with ruida/noise :/
I've just come back from my two weeks on the island, went all over the island with our car - never in all my years coming have I witnessed the island as quiet (volume wise, not numbers wise) as this year. To the part of losing some of its appeal unfortunately :(

so another article equating music with ruida/noise :/
I've just come back from my two weeks on the island, went all over the island with our car - never in all my years coming have I witnessed the island as quiet (volume wise, not numbers wise) as this year. To the part of losing some of its appeal unfortunately :(
It will bounce back

Had a very interesting conversation with someone who works in the , lets say , exclusive sector or hospitality on the island.
Nothing illegal , but works for an organization that arranges transport and security for people with money.
Lots of money.
So word on the street is that the newly elected government has basically had enough of how ibiza is changing and are setting out to change it.
Music restictions , villaparties , noise after midnight .. its all under scrutiny and the squeeze is happening and its getting tighter.
So my man on the inside has said that there is a consortium of people looking to up sticks , boats and cars and move over to Mykanos where , so he says , the vibe is old school ibiza.
This was confirmed to me by our landlord , who had never my man on the inside , who was happy to see the island be policed more heavily and was genuinely concerned that ibiza was being ruined by corporations.
I was also told that only 2 venues have an outdoor music license , blue marlin and ushy , and that if ushy was to get hit with 100 police tickets for underage drinking then the license would be revoked.
Can i get a fact check and/or opinions on the future of our beautiful island?

When are the next round of elections in Ibiza? The current lot are putting forward some bold plans, so interested to see how long they have got before re-election time.

If the upmarket mega rich are moving out and at the same time lower income tourists are getting priced out then the island really will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back