What kind of do equipment do the big clubs use?

lfc63amg

was having a look at some of the setups in clubs like amnesia pacha etc do they still use the pioneer 2000's or have the moved on to 3000's?

I thought you meant in general, was going to be a long reply!

Mostly Pioneer still, but will check my photos from this week. I know at Creamfields this year most of the stages moved over to Denon gear, a bit of a PR coup for them.

PvD was an obvious exception in Cream this week - the full laptop, Ableton and controllers setup. Felt a bit sorry for his tech guy having to pack it all up while staying out of view when Ben Nicky came on, nearly offered to give him a hand!

In general though, I was most impressed by the Kinesys system in Privilege. Being able to drop the ceiling height of the club by 30ft at the push of a button was pretty spectacular.

I thought you meant in general, was going to be a long reply!

Mostly Pioneer still, but will check my photos from this week. I know at Creamfields this year most of the stages moved over to Denon gear, a bit of a PR coup for them.

PvD was an obvious exception in Cream this week - the full laptop, Ableton and controllers setup. Felt a bit sorry for his tech guy having to pack it all up while staying out of view when Ben Nicky came on, nearly offered to give him a hand!

In general though, I was most impressed by the Kinesys system in Privilege. Being able to drop the ceiling height of the club by 30ft at the push of a button was pretty spectacular.
Was in amnesia last week couple of times seen the lighting staff There's two staff for the lighting on the terrace was crazy watching them

As a little update - all my photos show Pioneer still rules the roost in Ibiza. Armin was using a A&H XoneDB4 but I know that's a personal choice.

Harvey does the tunes AND the lights at Pikes

Pikes is hardly the Terrace....does he also make the bed at the back of the dancefloor ( complete waste of space I feel )

Hush recently had a lovely system installed recently, shipped over from a club in London ( cannot remember which one ) sounds really good.

Pikes is hardly the Terrace....does he also make the bed at the back of the dancefloor ( complete waste of space I feel )

Hush recently had a lovely system installed recently, shipped over from a club in London ( cannot remember which one ) sounds really good.
I had a Vodka Lemon in Hush a few weeks ago, it was rank.

As a little update - all my photos show Pioneer still rules the roost in Ibiza. Armin was using a A&H XoneDB4 but I know that's a personal choice.

A lot of DJs moving to A&H. Pioneer mixer sound quality is actually pretty bad.

The new Formula Sound mixer looks like a beast for clubs, but they've always suffered with build quality a bit. Which is only natural for a British company :lol:

This is a very good watch. f***ing love Tony Andrews' voice too, as well as the fact he's a perfectionist and a genius. That quote "the speed of sound is so slow" sums it up. This is why Ibiza clubs have such stunning sound. Can't think of anywhere else that it envelops you so well.

Back