What is the best thing to come out of San Antonio?

:lol::lol::lol: .. stay not go so well then ?

Not really.

I felt a bit like Pete Tong must have done when he tried the move to San An. Hotel was really good for the money we paid and the location ideal for Golden Budha, Kasbah, and the more well known sunset bars. But thats your lot unless you are 19 years old and live with your parents.

The rest of the place is not for me. Its 5 x worse than my local town centre on a Saturday night. nkobhead after nkobhead.

Tried these places near San An for the first time

http://www.esrebostdecanprats.com/

El Chiringuito at Cala Gracioneta

and out of town

http://www.amanteibiza.com/

beaches -

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach/cala_tarida_i.htm

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach/las_salinas_i.htm

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/beach/cala_llonga_i.htm

and PDB x 2 :confused:, which is where i should have stayed.

Clubwise - too embarrassed to say. Lets say a difference in tastes and effort making caused this.

Roll on August!

Stayed in PDB for the first time this year had about 9 visits before all in san an and will never go back.

we went over a couple of times and I can see why we decided against staying there, you can actually smell the sick in the air, it's full of hyped up drunk people (you need to be seriously pissed to cope with the West End)

The only thing I missed about staying there was the sunset strip but you can get a taxi directly there I guess in and out job.

There are some good spots Itaca , Orange Corner etc on the front but to cope with the rest you need to be constantly pissed otherwise it's to much for me . :)

i'm going to san an tonight. i'll be enjoying some fine tapas and drinks on calle ample and later wandering down to villa mercedes to catch some live jazz. doesn't sound like the same place poor old englandvilla describes.

So much more to san an than the west end and the sunset strip.Two places i avoid when i go there.

i'm going to san an tonight. i'll be enjoying some fine tapas and drinks on calle ample and later wandering down to villa mercedes to catch some live jazz. doesn't sound like the same place poor old englandvilla describes.

8). It is a case of being a little selective as to which parts you go to and when but same is true for PDB and Ibiza Town. Yet another stay in San An last week, no regrets at all.

Stephen, thats just it, you dont live there. Dipping ones toes in every now and again at the more mature establishments aint so bad. I loved Budha and Kasbah and the meal at es rebost de canprats was fantastic. As a general rule, anything north of Lidl roundabout towards the sea and 1/2 mile east or west of that is not nice.

People who slag of San An tend to have never stayed there or like to see themselves as fashionistas. They also normally stay in a second rate resort like PDB and visit DC10 in their over sizes vests and stand about a lot.

Feel i've been a bit harsh on it now, the area by pussycat bar onwards is very nice , I guess you can avoid the west end area, but the whole area surrounding it just seems mental, all round by the fountains. maybe i'm just becoming boring and grumpy haha.

If I stay again it would probably be the bay seems more relaxed :)

Wes spent the night at Buddha Bar and it's one of my favourite places on the island, could literally spend hours there! was very busy compared to last year when we were in on Saturday night

Saw Paco Fernandez there in June and one of my best nights. Really got their act together this year and the new matradee was excellent.

I hate San An because of the West End areas I have to frequent but there are nice restaurants/bars/clubs that are all right off the main areas. Loved the spanish and jazz bars last year with my spanish friends even if this year I wanna murder everyone!!

I hate San An because of the West End areas I have to frequent but there are nice restaurants/bars/clubs that are all right off the main areas. Loved the spanish and jazz bars last year with my spanish friends even if this year I wanna murder everyone!!

You hate somewhere because of one street which doesn't even cover an area that is 1% of San Antonio? Interesting concept.

Band & wagon.

Stephen, thats just it, you dont live there.

i don't see the point. i don't know of a single person on this forum who 'lives' there yet we all have our own opinions of it. i have almost as many evenings out in san an as i do in the place i live because of the variety of places it offers for food drink and entertainment at prices i can afford

Its not as bad as some make out, tho I have never stayed there, always in PDB. I enjoy a night out there and its the only place on the island that does what it does, a good cheap night out and i find it a bit less serious than PDB

Ive had a lot of the best times of my life in San An, I couldnt give a toss if someone tells me its Sh!t :rolleyes:

San An really isn't that bad a place. It's lively and caters for a pretty broad spectrum of wallets and tastes. For those that are petrified by the potential cost of an Ibiza holiday, it helps make the island more affordable and accessible.

For me, my only problem with San An is that it does tend to attract more (not all) of the 'less music-driven', British 'drinking' crowds. I have no problem with that crowd per se and I don't think there's too much wrong with providing a market for that if it helps make the island more dynamic and varied. But if you go to San An on the ‘package holiday' experience, as I found, it can be really easy to get trapped in San An – or at least feel trapped if you aren't really part of that crowd.

The San An nightlife, for me, was fun, endearing, almost weirdly nostalgic to begin with. For the more ‘clubbing-orientated' Ibiza goer, it doesn't take long to feel like you want a bit more though.

Doesn't make San An a bad place though.

Last edited by a moderator:
One mans trash is another mans treasure....

I have always enjoyed San An particularly the locals. They are friendly, understand that people are there to have a good time and are happy to see you when you return.

I like the young carefree vibe and atmosphere of San Antonio. I find Playa Den Bossa has a seedy element about it at times but overall nothing wrong with it either.

Back