What is the best thing to come out of San Antonio?

I would have far more respect for myself if I dressed in what I wanted to dress in rather than dressing to impress or earn the respect of others

Fair enough, only trying to provide you with some advice so people don't think you look like a right roaster.

Wear a vest.

i don't see the point. i don't know of a single person on this forum who 'lives' there yet we all have our own opinions of it. i have almost as many evenings out in san an as i do in the place i live because of the variety of places it offers for food drink and entertainment at prices i can afford

I live there and I would love to follow this confession with an emoticon but not sure which to choose! Just like most people I think there are really nice areas in San An and of course some not so nice ones which I pretty much avoid at all costs (West end for one). However Golden Buddha, Kanya, Villa Mercedes, the various Tapas restaurants tucked away down backstreets and The sunset strip right round to Cala Gracio are all gorgeous. If you look past the noise pollution and rowdy crowds you can see that San Antonio has a lot of beauty and far more to it than drinks deals down the West End. Admittedly there are much much nicer places to stay and live in but for me it serves me well as a stepping stone to bigger and better things... I hope! :)

x

The best thing to come out of San Antonio is the bus that's going to the other parts of the island, the nice parts.

San An is a very nice place.. i had many a good holiday there in my youth. The only problem with san an is the british invasion, when the KFC chomping buck toothed supersize pepsi drinking **** shirt wearing football chanting neanderthals arrive it can shall we say cloud an opinion. Never been to ibiza way out of season but its on the horizon id certainly visit there when the umbro boys have left... ;)

San Antonio is not the problem. Its what people do in San Antonio that some have an issue with.

Never been to ibiza way out of season but its on the horizon id certainly visit there when the umbro boys have left... ;)

I did last year and learned to love San An again. Went in season this year and all the bad feelings returned. Am trying again in 9 days time, wish me luck!

Too much snobbery regarding San An Town in my opinion. Its what you make of it / take away from it. I don't go to KFC, therefore the fact drunk folk fall about eating some chicken at KFC tends not to bother me.

I hate the west end but kind of see it as a good thing as it keeps all the beerheads in the one place out of my way. I can't remember the last time I even walked through there.

Things I do like about San An are.. Cala Gracio (only found this on my last visit), the sunset strip, Kumharas round in the bay, various restaurants including David's and Zebra, the boats in the harbour.

This year we will be heading over that way for New Order at Ibiza Rocks and the Driftwood boat Party.

I don't think I'd like to stay in San An town but there are nicer areas to stay towards Cala Gracio or San An Bay. Stayed in the El Coto last time which was fab and am staying in the Sol Bahia at the end of this trip.

Likewise I don't think I'd like to stay slap bang in the middle of PDB as I've always found it to be a bit of a dump. I've stayed at the Luxmar in Figueretas and the Llevant across from the Es Vive hotel. Love this area as it's handy for both PDB and Ibiza Town and is not mega noisy at night. Best of both worlds can be had yet again.

San Antonio is not the problem. Its what people do in San Antonio that some have an issue with.

That's exactly it, it's the people and the state they leave the place in. San Antonio itself is beautiful like the rest of the island but gets ruined by these ignorant neanderthal people.

Hadn't been to San An since my 2002 trip, went back last year for old times sake for a drink on the west end in Kilties, had to leave after about 30 minutes and seeing about 7 or 8 very serious mass brawls on the street. Full of absolute scumbags.

Hadn't been to San An since my 2002 trip, went back last year for old times sake for a drink on the west end in Kilties, had to leave after about 30 minutes and seeing about 7 or 8 very serious mass brawls on the street. Full of absolute scumbags.

Unlucky ... been going in and out of there several times a year, for several years, and never once been caught up in a brawl. Did however nearly get caught up in one in Bora Bora last year. So you really never can tell... can happen on both sides of the island :!:

Unlucky ... been going in and out of there several times a year, for several years, and never once been caught up in a brawl. Did however nearly get caught up in one in Bora Bora last year. So you really never can tell... can happen on both sides of the island :!:

I spent 2 weeks in San An in 2002 and saw plenty of fights also, somebody was kicked to death in one of them and we saw another another person get his face slashed open with a knife by a lucky lucky, all in front of us while sitting outside the pub on the west end having a few pints. Can't just be bad timing each time, fights / assaults are a regular occurrence there.

Back