What is the best thing to come out of San Antonio?

you actually saw someone die in front of you and then hung around to finish your pint whilst someone had their face slashed?

Always stay in S.A, but around the bay. This time were staying in Cala Gracio. Dont mind walking around the west end, but we never really stop there. Typical Brits abroad place that you see all over.

Last year, I did notice a slight difference in that for the first time, we caught the last few days of the 'school holiday' brigade. Once they had all left, the west end wasn't as bad. Still not great, but a little bit more bearable!!!

Wherever you go, its what you make of it at the end of the day. As others have said, I've had some great nights in the west end, but some shockers too!!

But I wouldnt stay anywhere else other than S.A. It's got everything I want, and If I want to go elsewhere, its easy to get in and out of.

I've never felt comfortable in P.D.B. There is definitely attitude and arrogance in the air.

Each to their own!

you actually saw someone die in front of you and then hung around to finish your pint whilst someone had their face slashed?

:lol:

In response to seeing fights, I've maybe seen 3-4 since May (and one was a girl I worked with throwing chairs at the customers!!)

But I wouldnt stay anywhere else other than S.A. It's got everything I want, and If I want to go elsewhere, its easy to get in and out of.

Same here. I always book the same hotel next to the bus station, so access is easy. San An has everything I need, so much so, I haven't even considered staying elsewhere over the years.

I honestly struggle to think of a time I've witnessed a fight in the West End, I must be remarkably lucky to avoided them.

Different nights mate. Didn't see the dude die there and then but heard afterwards he had died when we were talking to the police. I don't know how or why it happened, he could have started the fight himself, I'm really not sure. Just sharing my experiences. That kind of stuff can happen anywhere in the world that people are drinking / holidaying but San An and particularly the West End does have a high concentration of anti social behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw 23 fights during a 2 hour meal in PDB in June. One guy stabbed 10 people to death right in front of us, but as we were about to start our dessert thought it rude not to stay and finish it.

For anyone interested, the choclate gateau was lovely.

I spent 2 weeks in San An in 2002 and saw plenty of fights also, somebody was kicked to death in one of them and we saw another another person get his face slashed open with a knife by a lucky lucky, all in front of us while sitting outside the pub on the west end having a few pints. Can't just be bad timing each time, fights / assaults are a regular occurrence there.

LOOKY LOOKY Men (Unless Lucky Lucky is Cockney rhyming slang for something else?)

:lol:

In response to seeing fights, I've maybe seen 3-4 since May (and one was a girl I worked with throwing chairs at the customers!!)

one way to get people into the bar i suppose....

"get yourself into this bar now or you'll get a chair in the face!!!" :lol::lol:

it would get me in for sure.....

one way to get people into the bar i suppose....

"get yourself into this bar now or you'll get a chair in the face!!!" :lol::lol:

it would get me in for sure.....

She also threw a pint glass (empty of course, workers don't waste beer!) and a glass ashtray...the guy was lucky to duck each time!

After starting this thread after my visit last July, would anyone think it odd that I am thinking of staying in San An for my next trip?:eek:

I blame the Gran Sol.

I don't mind the westend, it serves a purpose.for pre drinks if your headin to a club or a cheap night out if you want to get steaming.done the last 2 summers and lived a stones throw away from the w.e. there's always someone you know havin a drink at any time of the day so it's good for that reason. Seen a fair few fights there but it's gonna happen if alcohol and 2 groups have a disagreement. As for the rest of San an, love the place. Cala gracio, cliff jumps, sunset, itica etc its got everything you need. Plus it's a great base for the summer! If you don't like it, don't go there!

I've stayed in San An every year since 08 Moved down the bay since 11 but I have never really had a problem with it the west end is what it is drunk young people letting loose I've had some of my best nights down the west end and I'm sure lots of people looked at me and my friends and thought we were drunken idiots but isn't that the whole point of the west end?? The past two years the west end has irritated me because my priorities have changed I'm much more interested in the music and in the clubs than getting wasted but I no what to expect when i go to the westend. This year I'm thinking of staying in PDB for the 1st time but some of the comments are turning me right off nothing I hate more then the stuck up too cool to dance crowd in some of the clubs and if PDB is full of them I'll be staying well clear.

I used to go to San An as it was a good place to meet girls, now I go there to drop my eldest son and his friends off as it's a good place to meet.... girls!

I've been a regular visitor to the West End for the past 4 years, never had any problems! There's plenty of rowdy & loud people there but they're only after a good time at the end of the day!

It is full of drunks and loud n rowdy people, but if you are not going to Ibiza for that then you won't see it!!

I still stayed in San An last year but hardly saw any of the West End, the only time i saw a load of pissheads was when i was walking back to the hotel after being in the clubs

That's what I enjoyed about San An, bar from a few pushy and rude PR's on the outskirts it was easy enough to avoid the West End and it's natives.

Back