What has been your favourite moment of your clubbing career?

Remember seeing Sasha and Digweed at Christmas at the Rhumba in 96 or 97. Brilliant night.

Last edited:
late to the scene, despite my advanced years, its later stuff that i look back on fondly

maybe chief of all

Home @ Space ibiza - Steve lawler closing the terrace when it was mesh above not a roof and the terrace actually closed - then the crowd en masse went to the main room for Sasha & Digweed - amazing music and vivid memories of dancing on scaffolding

others captivate me too

2 fatboy slim sessions (cream and manumission)
lawlers harlem nights at the End
my first visit to the main room of MoS
timo maas in amsterdam
creamfields a few times
slam nights in the arches glasgow or even the sub club glasgow
Slam doing a Dave Seaman night at El Divinio and shouting Glasgow!!!! with Orde & Stuart
Mr C at underground Ibiza after Amnesia was empty

Privilege 2011 Tiesto

As a huge Tiesto fan from back in his trance days, I'd been to see the big man plenty of times on UK soil but this was my first meeting with him in Ibiza.

The atmosphere that night was electric, everything clicked into place perfectly. And the set was made up of plenty of old Tiesto trance classics! Magnifique!

1. The first time I saw Richie Hawtin play was at the arches in glasgow around 2003/4. Can remember he played this insane version of 'these boots were made for walking' and the crowd went bananas. Don't really rate him now but back then hearing styles Id never heard before was amazing...

2. Carl Cox @ Space 2006. Can remember Cox started off in the sunset terrace playing house then playing really intense techno later on in the main room. Francois K and Adam Freeland were also on that night. Then we left space at 9am and sat in the Zanzibar across the road whilst the club got cleaned before going back in for In Bed With Space which was an amazing afters. Barbara Tucker was singing live on the terrace with a live sax player and the dj playing all these uplifting house instrumentals whilst people danced on beds as planes flew over the club. Amazing times.

3. Manumission @ Privilege 2006.
The sheer scale of 10,000 + people in a club was something I'll never forget the first time I walked into privilege. It was like stepping into another world with all these different rooms to explore. then the sun rising over ibiza town through the windows in the coco loco room... Left the club at 10am and it was still going strong.

4. Cocoon @ Amnesia 2006
First time I went to cocoon was really special it was sven vath, richie hawtin and Luciano, villalobos on the terrace. The music was dynamite and vath starting his set with 2000 and One - Adonai Elohim was something else, the atmosphere was ełectric waiting for the build up.

Been to Ibiza a fair few times after that, last time I was there was Space closing 2013 - funny how it's the early ones that always stick in your head though... :)

Blimey - loads!

(and hello - any excuse to lie in my pit for 15 mins longer :lol:)

Underground Network party at Crobar NYC 2004
Timmy Regisford, Vissi Dance Theatre and GRACE JONES...hosted by Barbara Tucker/Lady Bunny

NYC Downlow at Glastonbury 2008-ish
Vogue balls, acid house and gurning trannies "Tomorrow is poppers and leather night!"

Tony Humphries/Basement Boys live in the Powerhouse Southport Weekender 50 2014
Gospel house straight from the Zanzibar contingent "lift every voice and siiiiing!".

Journey through the light with David Mancuso, the light, Shoreditch 2009-ish
London's branch of the NYC Loft party. Ear splitting screams and grown men weeping to "Lost in music".

Torture Garden birthday at Brixton Academy 2001
Massive and extreme, meathook suspensions and rubber clad pervs before the Anne Summers turnout arrived.

Trade: the last dance at Turnmills 2008
4h00-18h00 non stop swinging from the rafters. London's last hurrah.

Shoom reunion at Cable 2012
Acid Trax and Rampling hollering "release yourself!"

Universe - Big Love 1996/Tribal Gathering 1996
Oxford/Luton
Rave in its death throes.

Home @ Space - August 1999
The first year Space went 24 hour and the terrace was LOUD. World's best club and there you have it.

Circoloco @ DC10 - somewhen in 2001
Toilets swimming in s**t, free entry and full of crusties before Mixmag covered it and Charlie Chester was running things.

MoS
Masters at Work on my birthday 2008
Paradise Garage party 2014

Ron Trent @ Need2Soul, Shoreditch Studios - 2013
Musical perfection.

Berghain - 2005 (?)
Chicken Lips in Panorama Bar.

Burning Man 2013
For the sheer spectacle rather than the music.

Going to work before I add any more...!

Last edited:
Gotta be 2003 in Ibiza, was meant to go with the girlfriend, but, we split up a month before going. I'd already paid for us both and thought bollocks I'm going. First time abroad on my own. I was in Pacha, Ibiza and on the dance floor for 6 hours, 2am til 8am! No drink, no drugs, just lost in the music dancing on my own. Was very surreal, Sarah Main the resident DJ was to blame lol and I told her so afterwards. :D

The other highlight was DJing a set at Bora Bora covering for my mate Gordon Edge in 2008! :cool:

These are my Ibiza highlights, other clubbing, well, after 38 years DJing it's almost impossible to pick one. :lol:

Last edited:
Blimey - loads!

Tony Humphries/Basement Boys live in the Powerhouse Southport Weekender 50 2014
Gospel house straight from the Zanzibar contingent "lift every voice and siiiiing!".

Yes!!! Jasper Street Company were AMAZING! A definite highlight for me too.

I have so many favourite moments from over the years it's hard to narrow it down so here's a few that spring to mind.
I have to say the night it all began for me has to get a mention as one of those special nights. Summer of 1991, I'd just left school. A sweaty little basement club in Swindon. A sound system, a strobe, a laser and a smoke machine! A couple of hundred people (I still believe to this day that this is the winning formula for a great party)and Evil Eddie Richards DJing. Cliche I know, but that night changed my life!

Some time in 1991 hearing Joey Beltram play on his first trip to the UK (Energy Flash was a huge tune for me at the time).

Going to Back to Basics in Leeds in 1996 for my 21st birthday. Ralphi Rosario played but honourable mention has to go to Ralph Lawson (possible one of the all time great resident DJs)

New Year's Day 2000 first day of the new millennium! Frankie knuckles Ministry of Sound. That main room sound system and Frankie were just made for each other.

A single moment that springs to mind every time someone asks me why I love Ibiza so much. One moment that sums up those perfect moments when every thing seems to come together. Either 1996 or 1997 not sure which, cream at Amnesia. On the Terrace (before the roof) in the morning, dancing in the morning sun with a great crowd of people from all over the world, Phil Cooper comes on and drops Daft Punk - Around the World. Perfect tune, perfect timing. The whole terrace of people grinning cos they all get it. Hugging strangers on the dance floor! Awesome!

Yesterday was one of the finest 'nights' i've had out in 25 years in this game. The setting outside the monastry in pueblo espanyol overlooking the city was beautiful, orange trees and ancient buildings, chilled security and short queues. juju & jordash playing acid followed by the legendary harvey (dressed as evil knievel, taking the piss out of 'superstar' djs) And my mind kinda melting when moodyman's classic shades of jae was teased in and out for about 10 minutes. Massive props & mad love to the organisers dekmantel

Great thread for nostalgic times...here goes with some I can (just) remember...

The Pure Club in Edinburgh with Twitch and Brainstorm hosting every Friday night's madness cerca 1990! Legendary.
Mixcloud of the Derrick May session at Pure in 1993.

New World at Plaza de Cubos in Madrid with Oscar Mulero and company 1992... Minimal vibes, smoke machine, strobes, cubalibres of jose cuervo con fanta limón (liquid energy) & each week they dropped Age of Love (Jam and Spoon remix)... utterly lost on the dance floor till gone 10am! afterwards the fiesta continued in nuttiness-aplenty club Attica till 2pm. Joder!

Best festie experience for me in UK was 1999's Total Eclipse, 6-11 August, in Newnham Park, Devon. Orbital were headliners. The Lost Vagueness tent atmosphere was barking with every soul dancing like loons. The fringe included a soundsystem in a quarry, it started raining one night but the dancing was so frenetic that the bodies packed in tight jumping around created a sauna, and somehow we stayed "dry"! Link to the poster and lineup here.

Gotta be 2003 in Ibiza, was meant to go with the girlfriend, but, we split up a month before going. I'd already paid for us both and thought bollocks I'm going. First time abroad on my own. I was in Pacha, Ibiza and on the dance floor for 6 hours, 2am til 8am! No drink, no drugs, just lost in the music dancing on my own. Was very surreal, Sarah Main the resident DJ was to blame lol and I told her so afterwards. :D

The other highlight was DJing a set at Bora Bora covering for my mate Gordon Edge in 2008! :cool:

These are my Ibiza highlights, other clubbing, well, after 38 years DJing it's almost impossible to pick one. :lol:

38!

Back