What has been your favourite moment of your clubbing career?

Tell us more. .o_O:twisted:

Just a crazy night. Reminds me of what Ibiza was like before, dancing under the stars until the sun came up, everyone on it and up for it. A great mix of nationalities and friendly faces, can't remember the last time I gave that random clench of hands in the air to so many people after catching them smiling. Met so many nice people.

Let's just say things were quite liberal and I feel Ibiza has lost that a bit over the years with too many laws and rules.

We only arrived after traveling for over 16 hours at about 6pm, got our stuff together and took an hour taxi to there at 11. Danced from 12 to 7 and eventually bailed out due to the legs not having it. Party was still going strong and there was an after hours planned to that afternoon.

Also went for a walk in Playa when we got back at about 10.00 and found this open air party still going strong at this fancy beach bar.

Ibiza is still an amazing place, just spoiled by far too many stupid rules over the years and the quest for catering for the rich and faux rich Towie mob.

jrzdyp.jpg

Looks amazing dirk! Im pissed im no longer going to BPM.. but its already on the bill for next year, its happening for sure.

Good ship Manumission!!!

The moth/sea-god flying above DJ Alfredo at "good ship Manumission" as he played "chase the sun by planet funk

the sun was just starting to shine in through the big end windows.

It was a moment that will be with me for ever.

I've got three, all are somewhat different.

1) March 21st 2008 - The Gallery Closing Party @ Turnmills, UK.
I've never been in an atmosphere like it. Everyone there to celebrate the end of Turnmills and The Gallery (before we knew it was moving to MoS).
Turnmills had been my home the last six months since getting into dance music. I was there at least twice a month, which as a poor student was commendable considering how expensive I used to view it as. I stayed sober and went by myself for this, and still hold it as one of the best nights of my life.

2) June 25th 2009 - Cream @ Amnesia, Ibiza
This was my first time to Cream, first time to Amnesia, first time I'd been trashed in Ibiza. Absolutely lost myself into the music, with Ferry Corsten and Sander van Doorn playing amazing sets. Think this is one of the few times I didn't leave the dance floor once. Such an amazing night.

3) Sept 13th 2014 - Transcend vs Journey @ Tropi, Ibiza
My own club night versus a friends club night, out in Ibiza, with Tropi so packed we took over a good chunk of the street outside.
This was on top of what had been an amazing day in a villa, all of our group with all of the journey group. Myself and my direct opposite in Journey, Hywel, were on headline slot.
I honestly don't think I've ever DJed so on form. Getting to open with Oceanlab - Satellite and also play the Transcend anthem, Saltwater - The Legacy (Alphazone Remix) were just two amazing privileges.

Not really clubbing because it was at a festival, but it was unreal. Exit festival 2009, last night, Carl Cox b2b Green Velvet 6am-8am. It was just an unreal atmosphere. Absolutely exhausted after going for it for nearly a week, dance stage absolutely packed, sun was up and already 25 degrees. The video is on YouTube somewhere and I watch it back now and then. Good memories.

Also up there are a couple of nights in DC10 over the years.

Ah yeah, and coming up hard on the most trippy pill I've ever done as the prodigy were coming on at exit festival again. That was insane.

Exit is def an experince , a battle if you camp! of all people it was dubfire who rocked it when we were there think the year previous to you

Es paradis in the 80´s people from all over the world, all Space openings in the 90´s, all the Cream
parties at the end of the 90´s when Trance was big. Today I like Kehakuma and Ants.
Open air party at Cova Santa.

Cafe del mar in the 80´s ...................................

Two come to mind.

The second time I visited Manumission in 95. Perfect crowd, great music and like catching that perfect wave.

Garlands free white closing party at Space in 2002. Just messy and crazy.
Some say ibizas best year 95, BAR M in San An..Brandon Block Djd half dead most the time..all kinds of funny shenanigans all round.

just having a reminisce this evening. i think my drum n bass days in room 2 at fabric around 2003-4 were def my formative stuff and i was in love with the music. i thought it was real 'dj's' music as you had no rest time what so ever so very impressive to see the likes of andy c and a young friction destroying that sound system.

The other pinnacle time experience was my regular day raving days at the now defunct 'Public Life' , the converted public toilet in shoreditch. would have been around 2008. Every week a tribe of us raved the day away underneath the pavement. think its a vintage shop now. The residents Chris Stanford and Antony Difrancessco are both doing well still these days. cant believe they blagged A guy Called Gerald and Chris Liebing to play there to about 50 ppl at 2pm.

edit - have to add seeing Underworld at Glade festival. had never paid them any attention and it blew my mind

Last edited:
Losing my mind to Bob Sinclar - World Hold On in Pacha in 2006

I knew it would never get any better than that, and its been downhill ever since.

Too many for one:

Gatecrasher Lotherton Hall 1997/98 - after 16 hours dancing at my first big festival Mauro Picotto dropping " lizard " as the last tune if the night. Hands were barely in the air Gebal style.

Homelands Scotland 1999 - First taste of a Paul Oakenfold set and also Danny Tenaglia.

Homelands England 2000 - My hero Carl Cox coming on after Roni Size of all people. Probably the heaviest techno style set i heard him play. Think Mr C of shamen fame can on next.

Passion at the Emporium 7th Birthday - Amazing line up with Uni mates.

Timo maas playing at the Arches Glasgow 2002/2003 bedore my mate Shieldsy went off to live in Australia.

Coxy closings Ibiza 2013 With the wife 2014 some old uni mates and meeting Carl at funk and soul party 2014.

Ice Factory in Perth - Rhumba Club nights (varying from Pete Tong to Dave Seaman, Sasha and Digweed to PVD). Each of them different between 98-02.

Clockwork Orange 1998 Es Paradis.

Radio 1 Essential Mix 1998 Ingliston. Think was maybe Winter Dance Festival. In the huge Royal Highland Show warehouse/hangar type building. Just remember my big mate with a Halloween the mask on - lets just say he was in a good place...

Back