What has been your favourite moment of your clubbing career?

EveyT

It's all in the title.

Describe your favourite club moment ever. Where you just lived completely in it. The music, the vibes, your mood, everything - absolute perfection.

I'm sure there has been a few but does any time stand out in particular?

:)

Two come to mind.

The second time I visited Manumission in 95. Perfect crowd, great music and like catching that perfect wave.

Garlands free white closing party at Space in 2002. Just messy and crazy.

i just started to type about one dc10 session back in 2006, but had to stop midway. yes, that was an extraordinarily great moment, but to me it's impossible to pin it down to just one. I could name maybe 3 highlights every year or so! but just that one? I really couldn't decide! :)

Easy john digweed and fathers of sound at pacha 1996 me and a mate met 2 American girls looking for X back at our hostal.We got them what they needed and bonus points guest list into pacha and some free drink tokens.Im sure they were strippers or hookers from the main land and after trying to get onto every yacht in the marina without any luck:rolleyes: they brought us back to hostal and f***ed us stupid. .:D We even got around of applause next day in the hostal bar..

Garlands free white closing party at Space in 2002. Just messy and crazy.

Was that the one that was supposed to be at Kanya , but got moved to Space at pretty short notice? We turned up at Kanya to find out it was moved, but we couldnt be bothered with Space as it was our last night of a 2 weeker (the last 2 week Ibiza we did!) . Bad move i guess

We got a free bus from Kanya, so think that might have been the case. There had been a huge downpour before.

The party was on the terrace and they moved the Funktion 1 system from inside to outside. My ears were ringing for days!

Easy john digweed and fathers of sound at pacha 1996 me and a mate met 2 American girls looking for X back at our hostal.We got them what they needed and bonus points guest list into pacha and some free drink tokens.Im sure they were strippers or hookers from the main land and after trying to get onto every yacht in the marina without any luck:rolleyes: they brought us back to hostal and f***ed us stupid. .:D We even got around of applause next day in the hostal bar..

Not to rub it in any more than necessary (especially with you being so close to going), Mixmag or DJ Mag did a Top 10 Ibiza parties of all time a few years ago and the Garlands Space Closing party was listed.

Hard to pick a standout - first ever club was special - park avenue, richmond bridge at age of 15 (youth night) summer 1990 at height of italian house, black box everybody everybody sounding utterly amazing, then on to university in devon, timepiece exeter, height of techno trance 1994 losing it to those gothic bells on quench dreams, the 4 aces in dalston in 1998, a labyrinth of corridors, when french filter house was everywhere, la terrazza, barcelona 2003 hearing dj gregory elle and being moved by its beauty, magical nights at the end, the key, turnmills... Ibiza-wise, getting banjaxed in water at sunset last year at salinas, when jon sa trinxa was on.. scenes!

I wish I could say that I remember them all !! One that just sprung to mind was Pacha in 2000 Paul Oakenfold dropping Bullet in the Gun - total unity on the dance floor and some random gorgeous bloke putting ice on my neck. Perfect !!!

A couple for me:

I got into the clubbing scene abit later on, but being stood in Amnesia seeing Above and Beyond play From The Earth and just taking it all in, realising where I was, what I was listening to had me hooked! First trip to Ibiza and I've been for the last 4 years since.

Seeing Aly & Fila play Reflekt after stumbling across their set at Nation with my best mate. Made all the better by the fact it is ourfavourite trance song. Friendship defining moment

Back