What does everyone drive on here???

When it next comes out of the garage ... it's reversed into one side of it with about 2 inches to spare at the back and one side around the mountains of "stuff" in there so it doesn't come out unless it needs to !!!

It's a late '80s model not a late '60s model so no wasn't a grandparent's :lol:

It was in Africa with us bought from new when there was import rationing, waiting lists and exchange control, and shipped over direct from Germany as a RHD. It eventually came back to Europe driven by a lorry driver with a clubfoot in a vehicle convoy through to the neighbouring country port at a time of civil unrest there, and was sailed all round the coast of South Africa and West Africa before landing at Tilbury. There wasn't a scratch on it when it arrived - apart from oily paw prints all over the boot carpets from UK sniffer dogs :rolleyes::mad: - took ages to get them off. The early years of Devon lanes have led to a lot of fine scratches but the mileage is crazy low. It's a beautiful car, they don;t make them like that any more !
Great history then
I must have had younger grandparents ??

I’m on my 3rd Nissan GTR now (a rare Litchfields LM20 and mine being the last one built so probably keep it a good while and hope it eventually appreciates in value)

Awesome machine but hits the pocket very hard when it comes to servicing, tyres etc

Previous owner loaned it for this music video:-

I’m on my 3rd Nissan GTR now (a rare Litchfields LM20 and mine being the last one built so probably keep it a good while and hope it eventually appreciates in value)

Awesome machine but hits the pocket very hard when it comes to servicing, tyres etc

That rap will knock a few zeros off it..,,?

Last edited:

That rap will knock a few zeros off it..,,?
Yep, I got 20 seconds in.

They need services every 3/4K don’t they?

Yep, I got 20 seconds in.

They need services every 3/4K don’t they?

To my understanding it’s annually (or maybe 6k whichever comes first?). Mine came with 3 years transferrable warranty and free service so I’ve been good so far but next payable one is due in March and the front discs/pads need replacing at £1800 so have put aside £3k which should about cover it fingers crossed.

And sorry, I meant to add skip to the end of the video

When it next comes out of the garage ... it's reversed into one side of it with about 2 inches to spare at the back and one side around the mountains of "stuff" in there so it doesn't come out unless it needs to !!!

It's a late '80s model not a late '60s model so no wasn't a grandparent's :lol:

It was in Africa with us bought from new when there was import rationing, waiting lists and exchange control, and shipped over direct from Germany as a RHD. It eventually came back to Europe driven by a lorry driver with a clubfoot in a vehicle convoy through to the neighbouring country port at a time of civil unrest there, and was sailed all round the coast of South Africa and West Africa before landing at Tilbury. There wasn't a scratch on it when it arrived - apart from oily paw prints all over the boot carpets from UK sniffer dogs :rolleyes::mad: - took ages to get them off. The early years of Devon lanes have led to a lot of fine scratches but the mileage is crazy low. It's a beautiful car, they don;t make them like that any more !
If you need to get oil out of or off pretty much anything Fairy Liquid is your friend. Scrub it on neat then rinse off with warm water and use a bit of elbow grease. Job done. Speaking as a biker of 30 years and have probably had to remove about half a barrel of oil from clothes, carpets and all manner of surfaces, I promise you it's the most effective way.

Toyota celica GT 05 from new (GT is t-sport with diff body kit and other bits and bobs. Last 1000 celicas ever to be made). Guess I had a midlife crisis (which is still on going ??)

Was thinking of upgrading to and electric car as don't do many miles. But this year kicked off and hardly do any to justify the cost of an electric at min. They are so expensive due to the batteries. Fun fact, Tesla car batteries are essentially loads or rechargeable AA batteries stuck in a box ?

we drive a seat ateca which is perfect for ibiza.

we used to have an old and battered seat ibiza - really not shiny anymore, but it did the job and got us everywhere we needed (albeit on some of the dirt roads it was sketchy sometimes). then one day when my dad came visiting he said 'you still driving this???' and then when later the same day I told him we were gonna get married, he was like 'oh OK I already know what you're gonna get for your wedding then!'

Had a brand new seat Ibiza back in 2002. All kitted up and looked great for a ‘boy racer’ car. That was as good as it gets, everything went wrong with it and even needed a brand new engine but luckily it was just within the 3 year warranty. Must have been built on a Friday afternoon, even found out on its first mot that the seatbelt was never even fitted properly. Had to go once the electrics kept playing up, as it had a mind of its own and only started when it felt like it. Thumbs down for me.

Had a brand new seat Ibiza back in 2002. All kitted up and looked great for a ‘boy racer’ car. That was as good as it gets, everything went wrong with it and even needed a brand new engine but luckily it was just within the 3 year warranty. Must have been built on a Friday afternoon, even found out on its first mot that the seatbelt was never even fitted properly. Had to go once the electrics kept playing up, as it had a mind of its own and only started when it felt like it. Thumbs down for me.

wow. ours was over 20 years old and it's actually still in use now by a friend of mine

Back