What does everyone drive on here???

Had 2 Audis on lease over last 7 years a4 black edition and the a Q5. Lovely cars but just got sick of paying all that money monthly. Was offered the chance to buy my mates 2015 Nissan qashqai for half the price (£4500) so I snapped that up and now have no monthly payments which is a result. My pride and joy though is my workhorse VW transporter t5 which I’ve had from new it’s 5 years old now but Ill hopefully will have it for another 10 years as I’ve only done 70k on the mileage. Best motor I’ve had by far.

My ideal Dad car is a Golf R estate. But this is what happens where I live if you get a Golf R ( Or S3, RS3, 140i). This footage shows a typical theft, only 10-15 mins drive away from chez nous. Stick with it, the annoying noise is the seatbelt warning tone, they never wear seatbelts. The car in front will also be nicked and cloned.

Have you seen the new RS6 Avant? Soooooooooooooo much Dad win in that.

For fun, 1989 Range Rover classic
For work 2011 Dodge Charger PPV
For the horse 2008 Audi Q7
For the island 1999 Seat Toledo

Quite an accomplishment teaching a horse how to drive. Do they have the seat all the way back?

All the salesfolk I saw swore blind they'd seen no downturn

hmmm.....I have a feeling they'll see one soon if not already, which is why I haven't jumped. looked at a lexus hybrid as I would like electric not sure if its practical yet, but at lexus there's literally zero discount on offer. I refuse to believe they won't need to flex in the coming months

My ideal Dad car is a Golf R estate. But this is what happens where I live if you get a Golf R ( Or S3, RS3, 140i). This footage shows a typical theft, only 10-15 mins drive away from chez nous. Stick with it, the annoying noise is the seatbelt warning tone, they never wear seatbelts. The car in front will also be nicked and cloned.

I've got one of these in grey, perfect for the dog, it shifts as well :D

hmmm.....I have a feeling they'll see one soon if not already, which is why I haven't jumped. looked at a lexus hybrid as I would like electric not sure if its practical yet, but at lexus there's literally zero discount on offer. I refuse to believe they won't need to flex in the coming months

Yeah, my attempts at getting a significant discount were met with 'we don't need to do it sir, sales of new and nearly new prestige brands are up' with added smoke blown rearward about 'customers like me' having more to spend due to lower costs due to COVID

Yeah, my attempts at getting a significant discount were met with 'we don't need to do it sir, sales of new and nearly new prestige brands are up' with added smoke blown rearward about 'customers like me' having more to spend due to lower costs due to COVID
How are interest rates over there? In the states the base rate is @ 0%, so loans are super cheap right now. Car and truck sales have been really strong since this all started

2 Kia Ce'eds (driven all the time) and a classic Merc Coupé that's been in the family since 1989 (taking up half the Garage, driven to the MOT centre and back every year and can't get rid of it for sentimental reasons !!).

2 Kia Ce'eds (driven all the time) and a classic Merc Coupé that's been in the family since 1989 (taking up half the Garage, driven to the MOT centre and back every year and can't get rid of it for sentimental reasons !!).
Photos of the merc?
was it a grandparent’s?

Photos of the merc?
was it a grandparent’s?

When it next comes out of the garage ... it's reversed into one side of it with about 2 inches to spare at the back and one side around the mountains of "stuff" in there so it doesn't come out unless it needs to !!!

It's a late '80s model not a late '60s model so no wasn't a grandparent's :lol:

It was in Africa with us bought from new when there was import rationing, waiting lists and exchange control, and shipped over direct from Germany as a RHD. It eventually came back to Europe driven by a lorry driver with a clubfoot in a vehicle convoy through to the neighbouring country port at a time of civil unrest there, and was sailed all round the coast of South Africa and West Africa before landing at Tilbury. There wasn't a scratch on it when it arrived - apart from oily paw prints all over the boot carpets from UK sniffer dogs :rolleyes::mad: - took ages to get them off. The early years of Devon lanes have led to a lot of fine scratches but the mileage is crazy low. It's a beautiful car, they don;t make them like that any more !

Back