What DJs are the most arrogant?

Hmmm, doesn't normally apply, because this is not a real djane, but just a USB prankster, but this Stella Bossi.... has a behaviour that is unbelievable!

Friend of a friend was at a Stella Bossi night a couple of nights ago and there was full tartan clad Scotsman playing bagpipes next to the decks. Not joking

only briefly met some during their off-decks time at a club

Lawler was an ok guy, quiet
Yousef was great, happy to chat and got a big hug off him as well
Mr C was class - made a comment to him and he chatted for a bit even tho he was DJing at Underground at the time
Oakenfold was a brief hello as he knows a Glasgow DJ i was friends with, was ok

saw Coxy once at the urinals in Ibiza Airport. Despite me being stood right next to him he wasn’t keen to respond to my friendly banter.
Met Sasha in the Ushuaia Tower Toilets back in 2013, was one of his Never Say Never parties with Dj Sneak. He was sound as a pound, chatty and just nice

Asked him why the Party had been moved from the Pool Area to the roof and how they compared to the original Ushuaia Beach Parties he used to throw. Ended up walking out with him. He went to Space and I went to Sankeys for Warriors 😁

Agree with Stivi's point on Coxy. Even if you just say hi if you see him at an airport, on a flight - he just loves life man, he always smiles and acknowledges people. Same with Digweed too - always time for people - seen him on an EasyJet flight just chatting away to people. Another DJ (who I know gets a bad rep in some parts) was DJ Sneak who I was next to on a City flight to Ibiza once (c.2013/14 - and was very friendly.
we have had John play for us a couple of times a few years ago. Really, really nice guy.

Ame was a complete ass ; I was in the backstage in the newest techno club, FOMO, in Baku (Azerbaijan) a few months back . Tried to say I am your fan (and I really was ) while he was leaving the dj booth. he barely looked at me . And his whole attitude during the gig was so detached and ignorant . I stopped being his fan after that performance.

Ame was a complete ass ; I was in the backstage in the newest techno club, FOMO, in Baku (Azerbaijan) a few months back . Tried to say I am your fan (and I really was ) while he was leaving the dj booth. he barely looked at me . And his whole attitude during the gig was so detached and ignorant . I stopped being his fan after that performance.

I first got into Ame nearly 20 years ago when the first album came out on Sonar Kollectiv. They rocked my world. German deep house which owed massively to Detroit and which brought it to a younger European audience. The soundtrack to some of the best parties I ever went to London. Whilst I absolutely loved the music I would never have dreamed of going all fanboy with either Frank or Kristian (especially as we were all hanging around nerding out on the same internet forums hours earlier). That superstar thing was never what they were about and they never made any secret that they both hated all that cringey dj worship bullshit even though they eventually had to do the festie circuit and adapt their music to bigger audiences to make a living. Secondly they were never the kind of people to give dj crowd theatrics during a set. The crowds I knew would be heads down deep during Mifune or Shiro or whatever, sometimes you wouldn't know when they had finished or Rocky or the ressie had taken over, you could barely see through the smoke. I wouldn't get all precious and offended because they didn't smile or wave at me because they're not performing seals, they were just playing their records.

I first got into Ame nearly 20 years ago when the first album came out on Sonar Kollectiv. They rocked my world. German deep house which owed massively to Detroit and which brought it to a younger European audience. The soundtrack to some of the best parties I ever went to London. Whilst I absolutely loved the music I would never have dreamed of going all fanboy with either Frank or Kristian (especially as we were all hanging around nerding out on the same internet forums hours earlier). That superstar thing was never what they were about and they never made any secret that they both hated all that cringey dj worship bullshit even though they eventually had to do the festie circuit and adapt their music to bigger audiences to make a living. Secondly they were never the kind of people to give dj crowd theatrics during a set. The crowds I knew would be heads down deep during Mifune or Shiro or whatever, sometimes you wouldn't know when they had finished or Rocky or the ressie had taken over, you could barely see through the smoke. I wouldn't get all precious and offended because they didn't smile or wave at me because they're not performing seals, they were just playing their records.

100% agree on this. There are some producers / DJs you just know are not there for 'fans', and both of them always seem like that - though just my observation from the dancefloor, never met either of them.

Slightly OT, but I was talking about Digweed above. At his London gig at HERE Outermat last Thursday, he did a bit of the anti-DJ thing. Everyone usually goes centre stage in front of the big screen - but he played from a small black booth stage right - literally hiding away almost. Honestly created an a better vibe in the room.

Met Kink at Amnesia back in 2017, he was super nice and didn't me and my mates chatting rubbish to him for a while 🙈

Years ago used to see Ralph Lawson play regularly and he's super nice - I was in my 20s and proper fan girling it at the time (cringe) but he used to make the time to chat to me and my mates.

Also very randomly I used to work with a guy who is mates with Steve Lawler, he had some crazy afters stories from back in the days of Viva Harlem Nights at the End!

Back