What Are You Listening To Right Now??

Eventually got a track id(off the man hiself!) i’ve been after since seeing Henrik S at sub club. Wasn’t the exact version he played but it’s still a bomb

Video i have on my phone is this tune but no vocals in it and sounds heavier (he was playing live so he could of just tweaked it there and then? Dunno!)

This is my favorite...

When I was 20, I went to live in a metropolitan cultural hub in Denver (not far from the sixteenth street mall in downtown) and the birthplace of my investment into rave culture (that seems like a misnomer, but I want to provide a candid portrait rather than polished prose...).

When I reached for my first DJ Tron mixtape (RIP Tron...) I had a lot of social pressure in my life. I had run away from home, had been kicked out of my friend's apartment, and was living with my girlfriend at her mom's place.

Out of everything that I listened to (I had heard Technotronic and C+C Music Factory, but had no angle to join rave culture legitimately and almost no exposure to the music) in the record stores there, the outlier seemed to be breakbeats... I didn't think I'd ever be able to dance to breaks, and at the time didn't spend any money on anything breakbeat. I liked 'jungle', and trance for their ethos, and felt like house lent itself to my 'Latino' heritage (I'm half Mexican American and half Caucasian), and wanted to market myself as aligned more with jungle initially, and then listened instead mostly to trance... I remember feeling good about my trance mixtape by Tiesto (I don't remember its name...), and being really excited when Tiesto was on Club Nation America with vocals by Sarah McLachlan.

At some point in the early 2000s, I started listening to DJ Icey, DJ Baby Anne, and Simply Jeff. I bought stuff by Meat Katie and read things about Freq Nasty, but nothing clicked for a long while until about halfway through the "00s" I picked up DJ Icey's "Different Day" on compact disk.

Best ever party attended since ages
Afterparty (100 people) runs by underground posse with underground veteran djs that got skills, amnesia/hi ibz dc10 opening closing got shit djs(+80%) in comparison

Aktarus NRV afterparty mix from 05/02/2023 part 1
Zorglub dj Progressive Trance/ethno house billion times better than bedouin Damian Lazarus Lee Burrige list is too long, better than many djs i saw las dalias cova Santa, Media loboromize people , i know it as i was music reseller n never follow the trends

326448992_932390394448650_3413943230748916824_n.jpg

I listened to ( chaotic ) :

Innocente __ Deep Dish RMX

The whole XPress 2 Stuff ( The good and The Bad )

New Order __ Here to stay

Danzig Stuff

Happy Mondays __ Everything

Defunkt

Specials

and so on and on and on

I listened to ( chaotic ) :

Innocente __ Deep Dish RMX

The whole XPress 2 Stuff ( The good and The Bad )

New Order __ Here to stay

Danzig Stuff

Happy Mondays __ Everything

Defunkt

Specials

and so on and on and on

Do you have any old mixes from people like Torsten Fenslau and Marc Spoon, that era? 89-92

Yes sure, it's just i vaguely remembered a thread on here where you were talking about Dorian Gray and thought you might have some recordings from the early German trance scene

No , sorry. I was there , because I live 30min with the car to it. Very close. Never thought to ask for tapes. Was a mistake. Today , I know.

Back