Well I never expected "sorry I cant make today's meeting as a volcano has errupted.."

that article doesn't say the ash is toxic. It says "Volcanic ash can be a major health hazard after a volcanic eruption but assessing the potential toxic hazard of volcanic ash is a difficult and time consuming process."

It also states the obvious that if it gets into your lungs it could cause respiratory problems. This is also caused by cutting monoblock woth a stihl saw, sweeping a dusty room, mixing cement etc...

I think it might have put the skids on my saturday too

had been hoping to catch jerome sydenham and françois k at ministry tmrw night but no word yet on whether they made it to the country in time :confused:

:) :) right I am off to the pub will let you know if I make it back time without being covered in toxic ash....

Wish me luck fellow Spotlighters.... :confused:

I think it might have put the skids on my saturday too

had been hoping to catch jerome sydenham and françois k at ministry tmrw night but no word yet on whether they made it to the country in time :confused:

Yeah, was meant to be going to see Tania Vulcano & Dj W!ld tonight. Not officially cancelled as of yet but it won't be long before it is. :(

Tania Lolcano

lolcano-1.gif

Taken from an article on the times online. The ash has already started settling in the northern parts of Scotland. nothing to worry about though.

Health Protection Scotland said the particles discovered in the Shetland Islands would not be harmful and that the sulphurous smell was a result of the sulphur dioxide from the eruption.
“It is important to stress that the concentration of particles which does reach ground level is likely to be low and should not cause serious harm,” said a spokesman.
“If people are outside and notice symptoms such as itchy or irritated eyes, runny nose, sore throat or dry cough, or if they notice a dusty haze in the air or can smell sulphur, rotten eggs, or a strong acidic smell, they may wish to limit their activities outdoors or return indoors.

“Those with existing respiratory conditions such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema and asthma may notice these effects more than others and should ensure they have any inhalers or other medications with them.
“Any such health effects are likely to be short term.”

Taken from an article on the times online. The ash has already started settling in the northern parts of Scotland. nothing to worry about though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar
fair play, hands up gov. I came home blootered last night and startered witering. Sorry!

Drink and internet forums are always a bad combination. :lol:

I thank you.

Time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar
fair play, hands up gov. I came home blootered last night and startered witering. Sorry!

Drink and internet forums are always a bad combination. :lol:

I thank you.

Time......

yeah but come on, its not quite the end of the world disaster you were making out it was.

Back