Weekend Rundowns

Thurs: Went to see Mylo at the Glasgow Barrowlands and it was a really good laugh, i find as long as i dont take them too seriously i enjoy myself but i do wonder how much they actually play live and how much is backing track. heard a few new tracks but have to say i wasnt too impressed by them. encore was drop the pressure and the place went mental.

Fri: Went to a friends house party and it was pretty much a high school reunion, spoke to loads of people i havent seen for years but had to leave early as i was working at 7 the next morning.

Sat: Worked all day and it was so busy, the stupidity of some customers still amazes me. Went to a work's leaving night in the city centre, had a meal in a nice Spanish restaurant and then on to a cool vodka bar.

Sun: Up nice and early to travel to Dundee for the Celtic game, couldnt have went any better as we won 4-2 and now sit top of the league. Also enjoyed revelling in the current state of crisis at our neighbours across the city and the most interesting question of the day was "Will Rangers qualify for Europe this season?". To which the answer was "probably not".
Got back from dundee about 6.30 and then got ready to go out for a halloween party.

All in all, a good weekend.

Friday: chilli & wine at my bro's

Saturday: Jumped on bus to London, longest journey ever. Only went in 2 shops. Drank lots. Had meatball sub from Subway - yum!!

Sunday: Woke up stupily early, watched MOTD in bed with bacon buttie, picked up my dog from my mum, had lovely lunch, went to pub & drank wine.

All in all a good one.

Fri: a champagne fuelled dinner at Kettners in Soho with some great old friends. nice

Sat: As it was Mrs RobbieG's birthday it was all hands down to AKA for a glass or two. Mrs Russ wasn't up for dancing so she went home about 1am. At this point we went downstairs to The End for Mr Emerson. To be honest, i was a bit dissapointed with his set. all a bit same-y and not much light and shade. great company though. Mike Monday was on later and was much better but i was flagging at about 5 and the music was becoming a bit too full on for my delicate sensibilites.

So we decided on a change of pace and headded over to The Egg. Brilliant. One of my best egg sessions. lovely people, nice music and i soon got my 2nd (and 3rd and 4th) wind. left about 11.

nice

btw, Beckiboo, you ALWAYS need to book at Limonia as it is always rammed( even on a Tuesday night it's full).

The Pizza place over the road is excellent, Manna round the corner is one of the best Vegetarian restaurants in the countrt.

My absolute fave is Troika, the russian place on the same road. I LOVE IT.
so much so that we had my birthday party there only last month.

Friday: Went to a costume ball downtown San Diego and saw Nic Fanciulli :p :p :p

Saturday: Did my go go dancing gig at that mansion party. Had SOOOO much fun... if I could go go for a living, I totally would lol.

Sunday: Cleaned my apartment and hung out with my guy, watched Sixth Sense and Forgotten, scary haunted house documentaries on Discovery Channel.... scared to death hahahaha.

OH BTW... Nic Fanciulli and LagunaBeachCA could be brothers (or TWINS)

Nic
20041006215741.jpeg

Laguna
http://public.fotki.com/Weedykins/spotlighters_night_out/fahim_arrives.html

PachaGirl79 said:
Friday: Went to a costume ball downtown San Diego and saw Nic Fanciulli :p :p :p

Saturday: Did my go go dancing gig at that mansion party. Had SOOOO much fun... if I could go go for a living, I totally would lol.

Sunday: Cleaned my apartment and hung out with my guy, watched Sixth Sense and Forgotten, scary haunted house documentaries on Discovery Channel.... scared to death hahahaha.

Please post any pics you have of your go go gig! Anything naughty happen or just dancing? LOL

I didn't have time to take pics myself, it was super hectic... but one of the head party planners did. I need to get them from him. The outfit was totally cute :p

Nothing naughty happened, even though the theme was Pimp 'n Ho lol. This guy's mansion was amazing... the go go boxes were set up over the pool :eek: which was scary but kind of amazing looking too!! My good friend Mike was DJing so it was sick to see him smile up at me between songs :p

PachaGirl79 said:

I see what you mean.... but can Laguna DJ as well as Nic? Does he spin at all in fact? :?:

jonathan said:
On Saturday I went and saw miguel migs, julius papp and marques wyatt @ Mighty SF ... music was fantastic!

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Its a nice club and a much better crowd than you'd get at Ruby Skye or 1015.

Are you going to go and see Nic on Wednesday night? Only $5 - it would be rude not I reckon. I think a few of us are going. 8)

jonathan said:
On Saturday I went and saw miguel migs, julius papp and marques wyatt @ Mighty SF ... music was fantastic!

WOOT... :eek: That must have been fantastic!!!

axon... no, Laguna doesn't spin as far as I am aware. Him and Nic look nearly identical in person... same height, build and everything!! Did you go to the Massive??

PachaGirl79 said:
Did you go to the Massive??

Yeah I went to the Massive. A fairly OK night was had by all. Although we did manage to miss Felix da Housecat and Nic F. Deep Dish were on top form though - and much better with both Ali and Sharam present than they had been with just Dubfire back in July. Although I'm not majorly into trance, I was also quite impressed with Marco V - a nice set representing the darker side of the trance spectrum.

Sounds like you had a blast at the mansion. Any more gigs lined-up yet? I'll be your agent if you like..... 8)

PachaGirl79 said:

Girl, you are freaking me out. :lol: :lol:

axon said:
I see what you mean.... but can Laguna DJ as well as Nic? Does he spin at all in fact? :?:

Nope, I do not spin, but I would really like to learn. However, I can cut the rug better than most people. 8)

Fri: Semi sensible night in preparation for Gingerfreak's visit to the NE. Little bit of naughtiness but nothing too OTT.

Sat: Collect Gingerfreak, back home for Mr PL to listen to the Everton Match :eek: :eek: :eek: They Won!!!!!! Cue Mr PL being in the best mood ever since the footie season started..... Woo Hoo!! Ate our dinner in order to start the celebrations early!! Dropped my boy off at the dog sitters, rushed home to get ready and off to the club we went....

Digital was superb - clientel was a damn sight better than the previous week when i popped in for Seb, club was nicely full and have I mentioned how much I love this sound system?? :lol: :lol: :lol: Mr Tim Delux was in the house and he was AWESOME - in fact I will go as far as to say that this was the best set I have heard all year, including the trip to Ibiza. He was so into his set, the place was just begging for more, he covered every aspect of house you could imagine - he twisted the place up big style, and I dont think I left the dancefloor for more than 20 mins to step into the bar for a bit of a rest etc..... Bummer that we had to leave at 3.00am to pick up the dog, but we ended up bring the dig sitters back with us for more fun and frolics...... a totally brilliant night !!!

Sun: Basically a carry on, nothing more was possible.......
Slowly started to fall apart around the time Gingerfreak left for his train

Mon: spent piecing together Sat/Sun - got some much needed sleep then spent the evening watching scary films and eating all the trick or treat sweets we got in for the kids coming round... (we just didnt bother answering the door...... we looked far too scary basically!!) :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri - Mediocre gig then straight home.

Sat - Lazed around during the day working on Abelton mix. Very busy gig then entered into more negotiations with boss lady for 40 mins making me late to get to Digital. She's offering to meet me half way initially then totally once the nights are established. Hmm, didn't say yay or nay. Got to Digital 'bout 1.10am and walked straight into Gingerfreak :D Then saw Pups too. Awesome night with much time spent on the dancefloor. :D Only a couple of weeks left then I start nightclub hours and won't be able to get to Digital anymore. :(

Sun - Lazed around all day working on Abelton mix. No gig this Sunday so out on the town for a few sherberts. Spoke to the owner of another nightclub who wants me to jump ship for the same money I'll eventually get in my current residency. Hmmm, don't think so, still it's a backup plan. Went down the street to another club where my mate was DJing. He told me they're having a shakeup this week, one DJ is definitely getting sacked and there may be more. Could be an opening there (and they like house & don't play chav stuff :D ), might find out tonight as I'll be drinking with the owner. Need to know so that I can give my current boss a reply this weekend. :confused:

Drew said:
gingerfreak said:
Got nutted in Newcastle. :D :D :D

Yes, I saw the evidence at ??? o'clock ;) (including the dog :eek: )

Did you get my replies? - we were pretty *beep* too.

:lol:

ha ha - did i not reply back to you on behalf of Ginge? - I dont think he ws capable to be honest - did you get any sleep in the end then?

Disclaimer: - Benson really does like "dressing up" at 4.00am on a Sunday morning - no need to call out the RSPCA!!! ;) ;)

puppylover said:
Disclaimer: - Benson really does like "dressing up" at 4.00am on a Sunday morning - no need to call out the RSPCA!!! ;) ;)

I loved the Benson pics when I woke up Sunday morning :lol: ;)

Back