Weekend Rundowns

Morbyd

Good Monday morning, people. Let's hear about your weekends.

Friday - Went straight from work to a birthday/goodbye party for a journalist moving to London. Met all kinds of interesting people from a punk rock star to a television personality and managed to down a few beers before heading home to change (and drink a couple more beers). Then headed out to club Fabrique to see Mr Kenny Dope. He was not entirely unpredictable but still did not disappoint with a solid house set, and with half the people in Halloween costumes the crowd was festive and fun.

Saturday - Got home early morning and slept until mid-afternoon before attending a friend's birthday party. Drinks there were compounded by more consumption at SportLand where I met up with the missus to watch Chelsea v. Blackburn (go Blues!). Then home for a few more drinks while the missus got ready and off to Club XIII for their annual Halloween bash, this time featuring Mr David "Because I'm worth it" Guetta. David played a hit-laden set with quite a few oldies - not quite the standard of his set in the box at Ministry 2 weeks ago (more like the less interesting set he played in the bar earlier that evening). To be honest, top local DJ Grad, who played earlier in the evening, was better.

Partygoers in Moscow celebrate Halloween better than anywhere I've seen, and that's coming from a guy originally from the land that commercialized Halloween best. This year was no exception - people at that party were more pissed than anytime I've seen in recent memory (myself and friends included :lol: ) The decorations and costumes were also stunning.

Sunday - relaxed at home. Ordered Chinese food delivery. Installed software on the computer I bought last week. Took a nap. Read the 'net.

I mentioned in another thread that I caculated that I consumed at least 1.5 times, if not double, my body's blood volume in beer this weekend :eek: . Sorry Buckley - I appear to have survived :lol:

Morning people,

I had a great great weekend.

Friday, I meet all my girlies at my friend's, our friend Mirna is leaving next week to Chile :( so we organised her a big leaving do. Lots of drinks, food, laughing cigarretes, laughing cakes, gossips and silliness ended with us leaving quite damaged around 7am

Saturday, I slept all day and in the evening meet Pep who was away and had a nice dinner our and few drinks

Sunday, I was a very good girlfriend and went to see Pep playing basket (they won), later on had a paella for lunch in the beach and then on the evening we took our 5yo nephew to Barça's for the very first time. It was great being there with the kid and we had an excellent match: 5-0 :D :D

Quite a grown-up civilised wkend in Babs world cos Tom starts his new job today so needed to preserve braincells :lol:

Fri - Mum, Dad, Gran and Grandad down in FLT for a couple of days so lots of nice food and good wine.

Sat - Shopping, sights and lunch. Saturday evening Tom wanted to go out for something to eat and has been dieing to go to GBK for ages so I relented and 'allowed' him to go to GBK despite not eating a burger for 15+ years, but had a aubergine and goats cheese burger and was pleasantly surprised. Got home and watched the Homelands DVD and tucked up in bed by 2.

Sun - Headed to Camden, bit of shopping round Electric Ballroom etc then headed to Lock Tavern. Met up with Jon, Bec and Alex. Unfortunately no Carter sightings :cry: but Mylo was in the house (who ate Ton and Jon's roast :lol: ) Couldn't get no meat for love nor money (came to conclusion that it's easier to get Class As in Camden that a meat roast :lol: ) and didn't want to make everyone have a nut-roast so headed to Primrose Hill and ended up in yummy Greak restaurant.

Friday: Friend came round at 6:00 to pick up his rolling machine, ended up leaving at midnight.

Saturday: Major hangover but managed to pull myself together (just) and head out again for a meal with a group to the splendid Crystal bar/restaurant. After that, headed down to The Plug. How AMAZING is this club :eek: 3 rooms all with a unique style but stayed in the Earth room for most of night listening to two good local DJ's. Stuck to alcohol so ended up leaving at 2am to carry on back home for a bit. Great night, great friends! Spent lots though :confused:

Sunday: No hangover, but very tired as i only managed a couple of hours sleep so did a big food shop and lolled on the sofa's all day.

Today: Feeling very tired following another Sunday evening's insomnia :( Still managed the gym though which is quite astonishing considering i was wide awake from 3am.

Bit of a shock revelation weekend

Friday: Drinks and Dinner @ Old Orleans to welcome Joey back home

Saturday: Up early, around Birmingham Markets and then home to watch some DVD's and TV

Sunday: Went to see mom, she told me she's 6 weeks pregnant :eek: , mixed feelings about it and I feel so sorry for her. Spent rest of day in a blur wandering around Birmingham museums, art gallery's and had a wander to brindley place for dessert and a cappuchino after our big lovely roast.

Friday - woke up snug in our little cottage in the Brecon Beacons, had boiled egg and soldiers with Jon, then headed off to the little town of Brecon. Visited the Catherdral, had a hot chocolate in a little tea shop and bought some welsh tat in some souvineir shops :lol:
Had a gorgeous last meal in a country pub, lamb on the bone in red wine and rosemary sauce... lovely :D Had a few drinks as it was our last day in Wales :cry:

Saturday - left Wales at about 11am after a quick stop-off in Cardiff for lunch and a bit of shopping. Had a very stressful drive back into London :evil: then chilled out in the evening and watched X Factor :twisted:

Sunday - met up with Babs and Tom, and Alex, hoping for a Sunday roast! After waiting in the Lock Tavern for about 3 hours we were told they only had nut roasts left, and in the words of the wise Jon "Why would I want a nut roast, I'm not a squirrel" :lol:
Left there and drove up to Primrose Hill, walked about in search of food, finally found a lovely Greek restaurant to eat in. Few drinks and a bit of chat then hopped on the M1 back to Watford :p

Beckiboo said:
Left there and drove up to Primrose Hill, walked about in search of food, finally found a lovely Greek restaurant to eat in. Few drinks and a bit of chat then hopped on the M1 back to Watford :p

Lemonia or Limani?

Drew said:
Beckiboo said:

Lemonia or Limani?

Well we tried Limonia but as soon as we walked in we were told they were closing! :rolleyes: Just our luck as we'd spent the last 2 hours trying to find somewhere to eat! But then the manager came out and said their sister restaurant Limani over the road was open, so we popped in there and it was lovely!

Beckiboo said:
Drew said:
Beckiboo said:

Lemonia or Limani?

Well we tried Limonia but as soon as we walked in we were told they were closing! :rolleyes: Just our luck as we'd spent the last 2 hours trying to find somewhere to eat! But then the manager came out and said their sister restaurant Limani over the road was open, so we popped in there and it was lovely!

Spent many an evening in Lemonia but not sure about Limani? Does it have a section downstairs? - or was that an Italian? Hmmmm.

Spent many an evening in Lemonia but not sure about Limani? Does it have a section downstairs? - or was that an Italian? Hmmmm.

It was really nice in there, the food was lovely. It's got an upstairs and a downstairs section, but it's not very big overall. It's like the baby sister of Lemonia, and the menu was the same at both.

Friday: couple of drinks with work people, then back home to watch 'Team America' with a bottle of wine and some home made curry with a friend.

Sat: Woke up fairly early, went straight into town to purchase last minute provisions for my house party. Started decorating the house at about 2pm, wallpapering with scary wall paper and huge ghosts, sticking loads of cobwebs and hanging bats everywhere and setting up the mirror balls and other light fixtures in various places. Finally the house was ready at 8, so started drinking with the rest of the house mates and waited for people to arrive...

2 and a half hours later people finally started arriving :rolleyes: :lol: by this point utterly wasted. Then suddenly in about 20 minutes the house was absolutely rammed, noone could move, half of the people were running around practically naked in capes and tonnes of make up and masks, the music was pumping and our party was a success.

Last people left at 8am, did a bit of tidying and worried about the massive black stains on all the wall left by some guy who came dressed completely in black body paint as 'the night' and spread it EVERYWHERE

Sunday: woke up 5pm, cleaned house for 4 hrs, watched Lost repeat. Walls are still black :confused: :lol:

Friday - London in day - didn't get to go to hardly of the places I want to as my sister came and wanted to go in H&M etc! - argh! :evil: Got some cool platforms and a nice suit from Oxfam though. Ooh and a skull scarf which I am wearing today in honour of halloween! :D Stayed in Friday night after seeing the bloke I am supposed to be seeing walking up the road hand in hand with a girl!!! :confused: :evil:

Sat - Birmingham in day to get my hair chopped - its v Mary Quant i'm told!! The out in Leicester at night (another one of those pointless boring nights!)

Sun - Stayed in all day - felt like the LONGEST day ever!

sat: kept people entertained at The Long Room, even got £30 from it (unexpected, but appreciated). popped round to mates halloween party afterwards, and it was freaky shit seeing everyone dressed up and completely bollocked on drink n supplements. :lol:

sun: spent the day being a boring twat.

naddyz said:
Friday: couple of drinks with work people, then back home to watch 'Team America' with a bottle of wine and some home made curry with a friend.
AMERICA! Fook Ya! Coming to save the mutherfookin' day! :twisted: :lol:

I love that movie.

Congratulations on a successful Halloween party, complete with permanent aesthetic damage to your home :lol: ;)

Morbyd said:
naddyz said:
AMERICA! Fook Ya! Coming to save the mutherfookin' day! :twisted: :lol:

I love that movie.

Congratulations on a successful Halloween party, complete with permanent aesthetic damage to your home :lol: ;)

Team America was absolutely hilarious, loved that movie. couldn't stop laughing throughout!

pic of the guy that ruined our house:

darko2wv.jpg

Fri - chilled out

Sat - studio, shopping in camden plus highly amusing phone calls from TCMS who hadn't gone to bed since friday morning :lol: Over to 333 for iO music launch but TCMS severely flagging by this point so home early and good night's sleep

Sun - Studio :)

mikkak said:
did he ruined your sofa???

sofa is ruined too :rolleyes:

land lady is coming round today, I hope she doesn't notice the stains everywhere!

anyone know any good wall cleaners? Flash says not to use it on walls so I've been scrubbing with fairly liquid, but it just seems to spread it around...

Fri: Out bowling with a huge group of guys we met in Ibiza. Ended up compltely drunk by the last game, and even resisted the temptation to go out cause of work the next morning. Really good laugh :D :p

Sat: Work all morning, followed by some shopping. At night was supposed to go see Jon Carter, but got out voted and ended up going to see Tall Paul instead. Excellent night, yet cant remember much of it. Back to an after party till midday Sunday 8) Babs, Carter and Tall Paul went back to an after in the flat across from mine, so was probably in no fit state by Sunday afternoon ;)

Sun: Ended up going out on a date in the evening, feeling very :eek: :eek: still. Great night 8)

Friday - stayed in lit a fire, read a book, ate and listened to music. very chilled.

Saturday - went shopping in portobello market, nice lunch on ken park road, then headed over to the BBC to meet some mates, get very drunk in the bar and watch Brucies wig from the viewing gallery. tee hee.

Sunday - Lunch with friends in cute Italian place in Ealing, then back to our house for lots of drinking.

Gonna try and not drink till Sat now as my Liver is pickled! :confused:

Back