Weekend Reports!

You do know that Ricardo played in kanan beach club on sunday?! and Magda with Troy pierce for a M-nus party in llobregat and that was free to get in...? i couldn't go because of bloody exams coming up...

Yeah. I think M-nus is a **** label although I'd like to check out Magda. And you wouldn't have been able to pay me enough to go back to Kanna after the shambles on Thursday. My mates went, said it was great, but I had an amazing time at La Terraza so it was definitely the shout!

aaaaahhhhhhh, Holly, wasn't la terraza good - dixon was just supreme - the only problem was they let way too many in

90% of the people there were 'faces' from South/East London :D + the odd spaniard or scot

There were loads of English/Scottish/Irish people around all weekend - was really strange hearing English being spoken all around me the whole time - but yeah, particularly the secretsundaze party - was like being in East London. :lol:

people kept coming up to me and recognising me from plastic people and places like that... which is a shame cos you do want your holidays to be slightly different and exotic and not some ageing faith boy going "oi oi olly get us a fanta limon will ya" :lol: but ss is so big now they're taking it on the road everywhere and when you've got stellar names playing in one of the most beautiful clubs around you can't say no..

funnily I don't really rate giles at all - it's the germans that nail it each time

That's why Pilchard hates 'we love...' in Ibiza and Secretsundaze at Sonar...

Brits abroad... :confused:

Hardly a break from the norm is it? :lol:

Nice for you though Rach - bit of nostalgia for the capital I imagine!

people kept coming up to me and recognising me from plastic people and places like that... which is a shame cos you do want your holidays to be slightly different and exotic and not some ageing faith boy going "oi oi olly get us a fanta limon will ya" :lol: but ss is so big now they're taking it on the road everywhere and when you've got stellar names playing in one of the most beautiful clubs around you can't say no..

funnily I don't really rate giles at all - it's the germans that nail it each time

what do you do at Plastic people Olly?

I was mostly struck by the 'beautiful people' thing though. Especially at the hotel pool party - everyone really did belong on a hed kandi cd cover.

it's partly the way Barcelona has marketed itself over the last 10-15 years... you never get that at the big chill or bestival because the fancy dress factor and weather I guess force people to let their hair down (maybe?)

am an occasional punter there. It's so small and keeps attracting a lot of the same crowd that you inevitably recognise people.

well i might bump into you there this thurs then...but its dependent on work.

...and about the "beautiful people" bit in Barca - it makes us average girls feel inferior and ugly. i like Big Chill, even with the fancy dress because it is just more relaxing and more about being yourself then who can pose the best, wearing the trendiest designer clothes.

dixon = BOSS DJ house of house - rushing in paradise remix 8) probably one of his own

Que?! Link?! Was supposed to be seeing him on Thursday but going glasto instead

I always had Sonar down as being a Cocoon fan's paradise which put me off though now it sounds like it's got a housier vibe? Might put myself down for a go next year now, been putting off a weekend away to Barthelona for too long (and what better reason to go :D)

Que?! Link?! Was supposed to be seeing him on Thursday but going glasto instead

I always had Sonar down as being a Cocoon fan's paradise which put me off though now it sounds like it's got a housier vibe? Might put myself down for a go next year now, been putting off a weekend away to Barthelona for too long (and what better reason to go :D)

the thing is, the parties I went to were all unofficial and not connected to Sonar in any way, but obv cash-ins on the massive club market during the week. The main events are mainly minimal/techno oriented - the house was in the clubs.

that remix I need to get hold of myself :D seriously sounded good

hoping to make innervisions on thursday but probably taking it easy for a week or two

I just wrote a MASSIVE weekend post and by the time I'd come to post it the stupid board had logged me out!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ha ha - I did that last week - I actually had something to report and when I finished typing away for like 20 mins, I pressed the back button - tw@t!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fri - Went to Silverstone, walked around, met some Ferrari PR girls who were amusing ;) Got pics sitting on Hamiltons car :) Remembered how much of a hell-hole Silverstone is. Glad they won't be going there anymore - it really is a horrid, horrid place. to spend a day at.

Sat - Back to Silverstone, more of the same. Got asked to leave Hospitality terrace for over enthusiastic air horn use, abusing Massa and being pissed. GREAT RESULT.

Sun - Couldn't be bothered to go back to crappy Silverstone so went to see Dad and watched crap race on telly - much more civilised.

Mon - Wimbledon Court One all day

Tue - Wimbledon Centre court all day

I was mostly struck by the 'beautiful people' thing though. Especially at the hotel pool party - everyone really did belong on a hed kandi cd cover.

it's partly the way Barcelona has marketed itself over the last 10-15 years... you never get that at the big chill or bestival because the fancy dress factor and weather I guess force people to let their hair down (maybe?)

No comprendo.
What's the fancy dress, the big chill and the hair down?

He means that in Barcelona (Sonar), people are much more up for a bit of glamour and there's lots of lounging around in designer sunnies whereas at British festivals (big chill & bestival) in fields it's more about wearing silly clothes and acting the fool. ;)

He means that in Barcelona (Sonar), people are much more up for a bit of glamour and there's lots of lounging around in designer sunnies whereas at British festivals (big chill & bestival) in fields it's more about wearing silly clothes and acting the fool. ;)

But is he talking about SONAR or about satellite parties?

:D

Hola Silvia :) I just meant that the people at the unofficial parties I went to - specifically HOTEL ME and la terraza all seemed to look like they came off the cover of magazines. It's not a problem at all - it just took some getting used to, when you're used to the freaks of East London :lol:

Must work on that magazine cover look for next year. I think I'm going to employ a personal trainer and a stylist.

Olly, you knew Hotel Me would be full of posers and stupid cows haha :lol:

Not sure about la Terrazzza, haven't been for six years but probably I'll give it a go in october near the closings... are you in Holly? ;)

BTW, I feel like Barcelona is full of twats while whenever I go abroad people always look better than here, probably cos I'm in the holidays mood which makes see everything brighter and nicer :lol:

Back