Weekend Reports!

la terraza was generally very decent - a real surprise as I remembered it not being all that when I went six years ago for some hernan cattaneo snooze-fest.

issues with sound, overcrowding and lack of seating need to be addressed but generally really good vibe

So technically it will be open when we are there then ;)

Technically I think it will ;)

la issues with sound, overcrowding and lack of seating need to be addressed but generally really good vibe

The lack of seating it's legendary, La Terrrazza with sits won't be la terrraza.
I haven't been there for six years but the overcrowding might be because of the sonar thing, probably in a regular weekend should be fine
The sound... was that too low? Few years ago La Terrrazza was shut for a whole summer (national tragedy :lol:) because there was problems with the sound and the neighbours, which is a bit odd cos it's in the middle of nowhere.
I remember the golden days when la terrraza was a happy, loud crazy place with the fantastic back dancefloor, basically a bar in the middle of the trees and everybody dancing and misbehaving in the woods, ah the memories :lol:

Technically I think it will ;)

The lack of seating it's legendary, La Terrrazza with sits won't be la terrraza.
I haven't been there for six years but the overcrowding might be because of the sonar thing, probably in a regular weekend should be fine
The sound... was that too low? Few years ago La Terrrazza was shut for a whole summer (national tragedy :lol:) because there was problems with the sound and the neighbours, which is a bit odd cos it's in the middle of nowhere.
I remember the golden days when la terrraza was a happy, loud crazy place with the fantastic back dancefloor, basically a bar in the middle of the trees and everybody dancing and misbehaving in the woods, ah the memories :lol:

I know. The sound thing is bizarre. It didn't seem that residential to me up there (although it was dark and it had been ages since I was last up Montjuic) Where did discotheque used to be - was that in poble espanyol- or was that the name of a night? laurent garnier and soma used to have a residency there?? or is my memory really bad now?

I know. The sound thing is bizarre. It didn't seem that residential to me up there (although it was dark and it had been ages since I was last up Montjuic) Where did discotheque used to be - was that in poble espanyol- or was that the name of a night? laurent garnier and soma used to have a residency there?? or is my memory really bad now?

It's not residential at all, but the echo makes stupid effects and you could heard the music banging all night long from not far from there.
Discotheque is the winter club fro La Terrazza, both are sitted @ Poble Español which is that stupid silly toy castle in Montjuic.
I've never been a fant of Discotheque (I've been probably 5-6 times in my life), so no idea about the residencies and all.

Going to attempt my weekend post again :confused:

Thursday - work do in a posh bar on Millbank. Cocktails and canapes (but I would have preferred beer and curry 8))

Fri - woke up feeling like I'd been run over, somehow dragged my sorry body to the airport for.... SONAR! :D Arrived in sunny Barcelona about 12pm, quick bite to eat and sorted out our tickets. Pre-party at Miss G's with the kind of canapes I like (pizza and crisps ;)) then headed to Sonar for about midnight. The queue on the Friday night was just a joke! It took us about an hour or more to get in. I think everybody wanted to see Grace Jones, and the organisation was just ridiculous. Thousands of people all trying to squeeze through a gap in a fence :rolleyes:
Finally got in and had an amazing night though :) Saw Grace Jones (weird but cool), Richie Hawtin, Crookers and a few other unknown dj's. Rolled out about 7am.

Saturday - dragged myself out of bed around 3pm and hit the town for some tapas and beers. Met up with our friends again and got merrily drunk, then got into Sonar for about 10pm (we weren't taking any chances after last night's mayhem!). Another brilliant night at Sonar, we saw Beardyman, Deadmau5, Jeff Mills, Carl Craig amongst others. It was so amazing dancing to the sun coming up at 7am and hearing Carl Craig spin his last tune :D
Shamefully fell asleep on my mate's beds and missed all the carryon shenanigans :oops: :lol: but woke up about midday to Jon falling off the bed and breaking his watch :spank:, various people collapsed on the hotel room floor, noone in the correct bed :lol:

Sunday - stuffed myself with some well needed pasta then went out to meet the crew for drinks. Somehow ended up getting dragged to Secret Sundaze at La Terraza against all my previous intentions! It was a great night though, the club is beautiful, why can't all clubs be in the middle of a forest at the top of a mountain!

Monday - Sangria and tapas on the beach during the day, then met up with friends again for dinner.

Tuesday - massages and cocktails on the beach, quick paella then home :cry:

What a great weekend :D I'd say Sonar was totally different to how I expected it to be. I thought it would be much more eclectic, chin-stroking type of festival, when infact the night bit is just like a massive rave! (It kind of took me back to the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes lol). Nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed myself and spent my time there with some brilliant friends. Roll on next year!

Somehow ended up getting dragged to Secret Sundaze at La Terraza against all my previous intentions! It was a great night though, the club is beautiful, why can't all clubs be in the middle of a forest at the top of a mountain!

What a great weekend :D I'd say Sonar was totally different to how I expected it to be. I thought it would be much more eclectic, chin-stroking type of festival, when infact the night bit is just like a massive rave! (It kind of took me back to the Sanctuary in Milton Keynes lol).
Terraza is stunning, havent been for a few years, but what a location 8)

I foookin loved Helter Skelter :lol:

Sounds ace. I've never been, and i 'm only 2.5 hours by train away :spank: Defo next year 8)

Back