Weekend Plans

Missed a big one tonight. Our towns first club night had it 25th anniversary tonight part of a retro weekend in town covering all scenes from punk,mod and rave.there an bunch of pictures from the early days on display in bar in town and I'm in a couple I've been told..? I'm going in tomorrow to see and might take a few snaps to post on here..
@Dublindave you know Liam dollard?

Last edited:
Relieved not to be racing events this weekend, need a break ! Month off to prepare for the next one. Spent Saturday vaulting over 9ft fences, hanging around on monkey bars, flipping tractor tyres, climbing up ropes and carrying heavy concrete balls around. Most of which I haven't done since I was a kid and some of which I've not done before at all haha. Really enjoyed it actually but was whacked afterwards.

This morning went for a 10-mile / 16k run round the hills near Sudeley Castle in Winchcombe - been a month since I did a distance run with my relatively short races recently. It was pretty cold for the time of year but only felt it standing around waiting for everyone to come in a couple of times as the guys I went with didn't loop back for them (lazy sods :lol: ) . Was a nice opportunity to take in the views though. It's nice in the Cotswolds and makes a change from cliffs and seascapes. Very hard underfoot though and legs are feeling it already. Looks quite tame but still clocked up >1,100ft (335m) of hill ascent.

1555236496050 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

1555236479859 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

1555235647171 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

Got a meeting near London I was hopelessly unprepared for tomorrow and been working flat out since lunch to get it all done. My slightly trashed legs are not looking forward to 5 hours' driving tomorrow :mad: !!

Long Easter weekend coming up... I'm off to see a Doors tribute band in Glasgow on Friday night. :lol: A few people I know are going, so might spin out of control after that - offer of being put up in Glasgow for the night. Were thinking about Sasha & Digweed afterwards, but mate didn't like the cost of the ticket.. plus I've been a wee bit put off clubbing at SWG3 after nearly getting busted once.

Also got a good bit of pirate to get through. o_O

I don't think this will be a healthy weekend, but I might get some gentle gardening done.

Long Easter weekend coming up... I'm off to see a Doors tribute band in Glasgow on Friday night. :lol: A few people I know are going, so might spin out of control after that - offer of being put up in Glasgow for the night. Were thinking about Sasha & Digweed afterwards, but mate didn't like the cost of the ticket.. plus I've been a wee bit put off clubbing at SWG3 after nearly getting busted once.

Also got a good bit of pirate to get through. o_O

I don't think this will be a healthy weekend, but I might get some gentle gardening done.

Full steam ahead for bank hol weekend Jv! Way it should be

View attachment 6586
Missed a big one tonight. Our towns first club night had it 25th anniversary tonight part of a retro weekend in town covering all scenes from punk,mod and rave.there an bunch of pictures from the early days on display in bar in town and I'm in a couple I've been told..? I'm going in tomorrow to see and might take a few snaps to post on here..
@Dublindave you know Liam dollard?
We had Dublin legend Liam Dollard down last weekend and he hates playing old skools Tunes..lol found mix of classics
Liam Dollard Old Skool by Ray Cromwell #np on #SoundCloud
and a nice interview with Dean Sherry
PHEVER presents LIAM DOLLARD by PHEVER #np on #SoundCloud

Digweed all nighter at Fabric on Thursday.

Friday - watvching local Mod, Northern Soul band if i'm still half human after Digweed.

Saturday - Working

Sunday and Monday - No idea

So far my vow to take it easy for a while is going well, went out on Saturday night but didn't touch a drink and opted to be the designated driver so made sure everyone got home ok and felt really good about myself :)

4 day weekend this week though so that will be a challenge, family dinner on Friday for my sisters birthday. But not being up early for work Monday means I can stay up late Sunday night and watch Game of Thrones at 2am instead of waiting till after work Monday :lol:

Ibiza for me this weekend

hoping the weather won't be too wet. my mum's visiting this weekend. sunday and yesterday the weather forecast for the period from thu to mon looked pretty bad but now it already looks a bit better. I hope that trend continues!

hoping the weather won't be too wet. my mum's visiting this weekend. sunday and yesterday the weather forecast for the period from thu to mon looked pretty bad but now it already looks a bit better. I hope that trend continues!

I’ve just noticed that it’s looking better than it was don’t mind a bit of rain. Fingers crossed it doesn’t change again looking forward to exploring the island when it’s quieter.

Back