Weekend Plans

Tenerife-bound this weekend, very short break. first time! fancied the Teide volcano but didn't realise how cold this time of year - staying Puerto de Santiago if anyone knows that stretch?
Stayed up that way in Feb, though not quite as far up the coast. Didn't get out of the family resort often due to kids, but it seemed very quiet, possibly due the place we were in killing off local business.

I've been up Teide this time of year, crack on.

what did you think? would you say it's worth it or a real faff to get to? we have 4 days.
Just remembered, if you decide to do it to the highest level possible .(own car doesn't make sense) coach trip wise; then book the cable car option at the same time, otherwise long queues or fully booked..

Racing again on Saturday. Doing the Endurancelife Coastal Trail Series Exmoor short distance, which is 11.1km / 6.9 miles, and my last short race before I move up to half marathon plus for the next one in May. Hilly first half and second half is mostly uphill. Extreme terrain and incredible setting round Martinhoe including valleys, high coastal cliffs a bit like Cala d'Albarca and moorland.

Weather will hopefully dry up by Saturday morning and any snow should've also melted by then. It's near the inland area known as Little Switzerland so should be stunning. Cloudy but good viz - last year it was thick fog apparently and people could only see a few metres in front of them almost the whole way round. That can only have been pretty soul-destroying to be in such a place and unable to see around you, but also for those with vertigo perhaps a blessing in disguise !

Before doing the Lulworth race a couple of weekends ago I was a bit terrified of this one - it has a reputation, but now I'm just seriously excited. The climbing is actually a bit less overall it's just the way it pans out over the route and the terrain together make for a tough combo. However hard it winds up being it's impossible not to get excited to run a course here >>

https://www.endurancelife.com/exmoor

Last edited:
London on Saturday for a visit to Millwall. Not been to the smoke in years, any decent boozers suggestions around London Bridge area?

Big weekend end here my youngest girl is making her confirmation on Saturday don't know if this is only a holy Irish thing,? if so it means nothing to anyone in UK or anywhere else. So I had Ibiza booked as surprise for me mum daughter and her cousin for 4nts the week after.. in the meantime my parents booked a trip to euro Disney for themselves and the said two kids as a surprise? so euro Disney it is and in the mean I'm trying to convince A that we should go anyway ? and blow the roof off it..she said she'll decide after the weekend..

Big weekend end here my youngest girl is making her confirmation on Saturday don't know if this is only a holy Irish thing,? if so it means nothing to anyone in UK or anywhere else. So I had Ibiza booked as surprise for me mum daughter and her cousin for 4nts the week after.. in the meantime my parents booked a trip to euro Disney for themselves and the said two kids as a surprise? so euro Disney it is and in the mean I'm trying to convince A that we should go anyway ? and blow the roof off it..she said she'll decide after the weekend..

Have a confirmation too tomorrow, my niece, must be the weekend for it. Had to defrost my car going to work this morning so praying we get good weather for it, she's wearing one of those little dresses all the young girls seem to be going for . I'm sure it'll be nice down your end of the country, not so sure about Dublin ? hopefully my Mammy will agree to babysit while me and my sister go for a few glasses of wine tomorrow night ?

planning may holiday break - looking at the Pyrenees if anyone has any good tips for where to stay (on the Spanish side) ? probably just local hiking and stuff
Val d'aran is really nice. Have stayed in vielha in 2017 and 2018 for snowboarding. Its a working town and has loads of accommodation. This year I stayed in rialp near espot/port ainé which was smaller but lovely.

Have a look at wintu win apartments in rialp/sort. I really liked it in there and it didn't cost a lot.

The towns round espot are covered in yellow ribbons whereas I am told the Val d'aran has more of a pro Spain attitude.

Short drive to espot national park. In four days I spotted three golden eagles and a few vultures too.

Don't discount Andorra either. Loads of cheap accommodation that time of year. The spa centre at escaldes in Andorra la vella is boss

Back