Weekend Plans

Lovely van. We’ve had a caravan for the last 4 years but we are selling it now. We’ve had some great UK holidays and I can recommend some very good sites with excellent facilities. Very relaxing kicking your feet up in the countryside and cooking outdoors all day.
We’ve camped for years but with the UK summers being what they are we just got fed up of sitting under canvas in the rain. I’ll drop you a line when we get to the stage of cheeky weekends away .

We actually took the plunge and put a deposit down for the motorhome. So, a financial commitment for the next 7 years are on the cards!
It looks like this on the inside
Any room for a small controller and active pair??

Nice motorhome. It's the kind of thing I'd get if I was married and standards had to be kept. I take it for granted that there's space for surfboards on the roof.

Instead I do the wild camping thing when on holiday (unless the holiday is on Ibiza, then I'm civilized). I've done 30 nights of wild camping a year during the pandemic. (If you're off the radar then the authorities can't impose any Covid restrictions on you).

This year I'll probably be doing 40 nights in Greece and 10 nights in Norway. The one thing I've stopped doing is wild camping during winter in Norway. There's a limit to how much suffering I can be bothered with anymore.

Nice motorhome. It's the kind of thing I'd get if I was married and standards had to be kept. I take it for granted that there's space for surfboards on the roof.

Instead I do the wild camping thing when on holiday (unless the holiday is on Ibiza, then I'm civilized). I've done 30 nights of wild camping a year during the pandemic. (If you're off the radar then the authorities can't impose any Covid restrictions on you).

This year I'll probably be doing 40 nights in Greece and 10 nights in Norway. The one thing I've stopped doing is wild camping during winter in Norway. There's a limit to how much suffering I can be bothered with anymore.
There’s a rack for bikes

And just like that another weekend! This one is going to be a cracker. Day off tomorrow. Going to see my ex colleagues who I worked with through lockdown. Dog walk over the fields. Pub lunch and try and put a mix together.
Saturday I reach the grand old age 50! So, no fixed plans during the day. A visit to mum and dads. Evening we’ve booked a private room for dinner with a few friends in Hertford and we’ll see what happens after.
Sunday, Mother’s Day at a local pub which has great reviews. I’m going for beef Sunday roast.
Really looking forward to it all and it starts now. 9FF69331-3CCB-4105-A633-0312C7B35335.jpeg

And just like that another weekend! This one is going to be a cracker. Day off tomorrow. Going to see my ex colleagues who I worked with through lockdown. Dog walk over the fields. Pub lunch and try and put a mix together.
Saturday I reach the grand old age 50! So, no fixed plans during the day. A visit to mum and dads. Evening we’ve booked a private room for dinner with a few friends in Hertford and we’ll see what happens after.
Sunday, Mother’s Day at a local pub which has great reviews. I’m going for beef Sunday roast.
Really looking forward to it all and it starts now. View attachment 15479
Happy birthday! Sounds like it’s going to be a good weekend :)

happy early birthday! Hope it's a great one!

I think we might have grown up in the same neck of the woods (~East Herts) and we are off to a mates 50th birthday house party in between Hertford / Ware on Saturday night before taking my old mum to our nephews for lunch on Sunday … only 8 months or so to my 50th so hope you have a good one !

I think we might have grown up in the same neck of the woods (~East Herts) and we are off to a mates 50th birthday house party in between Hertford / Ware on Saturday night before taking my old mum to our nephews for lunch on Sunday … only 8 months or so to my 50th so hope you have a good one !
That’s spooky. I also live in a little village between Hertford and Ware. 🤔

Wow that is spooky ! My pal (actually also Ibiza lover / DJ hobbyist) is in Crouchfields / Chapmore End … other friend close by in Thundridge) …
I’m next village down from Thundridge. Wadesmill opposite The Feathers. How funny. Nice to know other Ibiza lovers are so near.

Back