Weekend Plans

While I didn’t have many plans for this weekend, buying a new fridge/freezer has ended up making it on to the list. Adulthood is rubbish :(

Looking on the bright side at least it's not a new boiler .... got broadsided with an irreparable failure 3 weeks before last Christmas and after an initial emergency replacement and associated infrastructure adjustments (costing about 2 long haul holidays for a family of 4) followed by an oil supply leak shortly after (more cash) finally managed to get them back to finish installing the temporary supply line which had been loose-laid on a path by the back end of June. These things suck - can really get in the way of life !!

Have two very different trips to France scheduled this week. We're taking my Mum to Vernet-les-Bains across the border tomorrow for a secret birthday treat and then later in the week another long roadtrip heading back over to Pyrénées-Atlantiques for a weekender in a castle courtyard featuring the brilliant Matias Aguayo amongst others. My first party action of 2024. How times have changed!

Big weekend ahead!

Friday: Pizza and Arsenal session with the kids
Saturday: drop kids to my folks in the morning, and the first competitive games of my football season!
Sunday: Kids rugby training in the morning and Arsenal Spurs on the box in the afternoon

Saturday night flight out to Ibiza for my longest trip this year.

This weekend will be my first visit to Hi (god help me) for Glitterbox. Looking forward to Glitterbox but not so much the potentially packed Hi!
Not full-proof but you can walk down the lefthand side of the outside area to enter the main room near that stage. Beats fighting through the crowd if you want to be near the front

Fri - Mrs goes to Benidorm on a hen do for 5 days (the majority are going for two 😁). Quiet one with lad

Sat - dog walk. Son's second competitive u7's game, against the team i played for from 8-16 😊 Catch Leeds v Burnley on TV. Play centre, then my mother's where I will put him to bed.
Wait to find the location of an illegal rave 😬 Last year it was on the moors, brilliant set up, not exactly my kind of music (DnB, reggae, touch of house/rave hopefully). Weather isnt great here at the minute, last year it was still going at 8am when we left but not holding much hope for a sunrise!

Sunday - few hours sleep, play somewhere with lad and pick the dog back up. Hopefully get some decent food somewhere.

Back