Weekend Plans

Last weekend we went to We Out Here. Such a good festival even if the showers don’t work and they won’t let you take your alcohol to your tent if you’ve already been in to set the tent up. I think next year we’ll take our motorhome and turn it into a little holiday because by Sunday we had no energy and decided to go home. I suppose it didn’t help coming home on the Tuesday from two weeks in the south of France then going to the festival on the Thursday!
So, this weekend will be getting the house straight and chilling in the garden.

Would you say We Out Here is family friendly? Obviously they say on their website that they are but I find it’s always best to get views from people who have actually been!

Would you say We Out Here is family friendly? Obviously they say on their website that they are but I find it’s always best to get views from people who have actually been!
I would say it’s very family oriented. Lots of kids having fun. Even the teenagers were actually hanging with parents so unlike Standon Calling there was a great balance. And they have dedicated nannies on-site if you wanted to go off for a few hours. Mortimer Nannies I think they were called.

I would say it’s very family oriented. Lots of kids having fun. Even the teenagers were actually hanging with parents so unlike Standon Calling there was a great balance. And they have dedicated nannies on-site if you wanted to go off for a few hours. Mortimer Nannies I think they were called.

Great thanks. Always like the line up and our kids love a festival so will put this one on the list.

Last weekend we went to We Out Here. Such a good festival even if the showers don’t work and they won’t let you take your alcohol to your tent if you’ve already been in to set the tent up. I think next year we’ll take our motorhome and turn it into a little holiday because by Sunday we had no energy and decided to go home. I suppose it didn’t help coming home on the Tuesday from two weeks in the south of France then going to the festival on the Thursday!
So, this weekend will be getting the house straight and chilling in the garden.

Sounded mega from what I heard. That and Houghton are my massive FOMOS being outside the UK

I hear you on the toilet situation. An onboard wc/shower was the #1 condition attached to hiring a van this summer :lol:

Sounded mega from what I heard. That and Houghton are my massive FOMOS being outside the UK

I hear you on the toilet situation. An onboard wc/shower was the #1 condition attached to hiring a van this summer :lol:
I must say the loos were pretty alright. Regularly emptied even on the Sunday. But the lack of showers and the ones that did work had a cold trickle was not great. It was warm and sunny for most of the weekend so you needed a freshen up to start the day. I resorted to a bottle of water over the head, soap on, rinse off.

Off to Field Day tomorrow, never disappoints! First time 2008 etc, and been since it was the first day fest during lockdown. Looking forward to Jon Hopkins and Bonobo!

Left my job today, have 6 weeks off before my new role starts and looking forward to properly relaxing. This job has sucked the life out of me this entire year. Tomorrow will be a big blow out!

Visiting the island late September and cannot wait! 🎉🎉🎉

Relatively quiet one here

Sat - Evening wedding do for friend who got married abroad. Mrs had ICL survey on her eyes on Monday, basically a lense implanted in the eye ball to improve sight 😳 so she is coming down with our son then heading off. A close mate is playing a house set at the wedding do, so music should be good.

Sunday - hopefully some decent scran at the Inn at Whitewell.

Off to Field Day tomorrow, never disappoints! First time 2008 etc, and been since it was the first day fest during lockdown. Looking forward to Jon Hopkins and Bonobo!

Left my job today, have 6 weeks off before my new role starts and looking forward to properly relaxing. This job has sucked the life out of me this entire year. Tomorrow will be a big blow out!

Visiting the island late September and cannot wait! 🎉🎉🎉
Bonobo headlined on Saturday night at WOH after Rosion Murphy pulled out. He properly rocked it!

Arsenal session and pizza with kids last night, usual MO.

Taking it easy this weekend, as we leave for Ibiza next Saturday, so probably just the kids to park this afternoon.

Tomorrow, visit my folks in the morning and then probably park life again.

(Already getting itchy feet and may end up at an amusement park or museum this afternoon!)

Bonobo headlined on Saturday night at WOH after Rosion Murphy pulled out. He properly rocked it!
He does indeed! Yesterday was a live set, was still great but would preferred a DJ set as he came on after Hopkins. Weather was great. Aphex Twin just wasn't what we wanted as the final headline set. Great visuals though! And I've swerved feeling like pure death so winning today

Been a regular Field Day goer for years but yesterday didn't live up to the usual... Maybe it's my age (!!) but queues too long for toilets and bars and it felt as though there were over 10k more people there than last year. Needed more DJ acts for sure. Hopefully 2024 will be better!

He does indeed! Yesterday was a live set, was still great but would preferred a DJ set as he came on after Hopkins. Weather was great. Aphex Twin just wasn't what we wanted as the final headline set. Great visuals though! And I've swerved feeling like pure death so winning today

Been a regular Field Day goer for years but yesterday didn't live up to the usual... Maybe it's my age (!!) but queues too long for toilets and bars and it felt as though there were over 10k more people there than last year. Needed more DJ acts for sure. Hopefully 2024 will be better!
Had a mate go and he was saying the same thing. A long time fan of Aphex Twin but said he wasn’t feeling it. Also, a lot of coke heads doing that thing of pushing through the crowd to stand infront of you and talking through the whole set. We had this at WOH once and surely they can see you are having a dance and have the space to do it but to then stand in your space it really winds me up. I came very close to telling them this but you never know what the reaction might be. We all went to the bar instead.

I was at Field day yesterday too! We also noticed it seemed much busier than last year. Highlights for me were John Hopkins and Moderat. I did enjoy Aphex Twin, I’m a long time fan though!

Relatively quiet one here

Sat - Evening wedding do for friend who got married abroad. Mrs had ICL survey on her eyes on Monday, basically a lense implanted in the eye ball to improve sight 😳 so she is coming down with our son then heading off. A close mate is playing a house set at the wedding do, so music should be good.

Sunday - hopefully some decent scran at the Inn at Whitewell.
Was a Retro house day festival 2mins from my hous yesterday (I can hear the bands today) which I had to avoid or I'd have turned up at the wedding looking worse for wear. Did get to the official after party with Paul Taylor until 4am 😁 Woke up by the lad at 7:30am 😅

Food was brilliant, apparently in the top 20 pubs in the country 😋

I was at Field day yesterday too! We also noticed it seemed much busier than last year. Highlights for me were John Hopkins and Moderat. I did enjoy Aphex Twin, I’m a long time fan though!
Glad you enjoyed! Did you see Sbtrkt? Thought he was great too. We did all think it felt a lot busier so glad someone else thinks the same. There's been some rather amusing comments on the Field Day Instagram today, if you need a giggle 🤣
You can't beat a day festival in the sunshine though!

Back