Weekend Plans

Walked up one of the Yorkshire peaks yesterday. Beautiful on Whernside
IMG-20221215-203616-011.webp

Well last night got a bit messy 😵‍💫 I’ve not felt this shocking in a while! Godskitchen was a good one, I think Tall Paul played the best set. I have never been so cold in a venue, even with my coat on!!

Currently nursing a cup of tea in my hotel and looking forward to getting home. I’m too old for all this now 😂

Well last night got a bit messy 😵‍💫 I’ve not felt this shocking in a while! Godskitchen was a good one, I think Tall Paul played the best set. I have never been so cold in a venue, even with my coat on!!

Currently nursing a cup of tea in my hotel and looking forward to getting home. I’m too old for all this now 😂
How was PVD last night? The music decent?

Not much going on here. The snow and ice, as well as coldest weather in 12 years, really keeps people indoors.

Today was probably my last hike this year up the hill next to where I live. From now on the path will be too iced up to walk on. It's also getting rather miserable with constant snow or hail, and cold wind. Not even my favourite cat was out on patrol today.

The only remedy is as always to check plane tickets for next summer. I bought tickets to Greece in July/August, but have yet to get tickets for Ibiza in May.

18des.jpg

Unlucky France! I really thought they would win towards the end. An amazing game! The worst hangover I can remember.
Second final we lost at the penalties, like 2006 😭
Argentina deserved it more than us to be honest, during 80mn we didn't exist.
We had too many injured players this time, Deschamps did his best with the little forces we had...

Heading to Madrid today for a couple of days, so the weekend starts early. Any recommendations for nice bars or cool food and music spots would be fab!

Heading to Madrid today for a couple of days, so the weekend starts early. Any recommendations for nice bars or cool food and music spots would be fab!

Was back there in Feb and really liked it. Loads of quirky stuff I didn't know about. In the evening I'd say head to Malasaña. Loads of late bars around there (clustered around Calle de la Pez). Also check out the Mercado de San Miguel for food (*will be busy evenings if you want a seat). Madrono offers a classic spanish menu for lunch. Was very good. Evenings if you want a fun down to earth vibe, we went to this bar Sunset 80s which is what it says on the tin (80s classics basically). Great atmosphere. Or live music at the Cafe Berlin which is a venue I liked too. Also in Madrid I noticed all the old bars give you a complimentary tapa with each drink, a small pintxo, sardine or tortilla slice or something like that. The park at Cibeles is lovely but might be a bit cold this time of year and I wouldn't bother with the Prado queues or the Bernabeu as probably closed. If you're anywhere near Atocha, pop in. There's an actual mini-jungle inside the railway station!

Back