Weekend Plans

Travelling to Glasgow tomorrow for a Twin Atlantic gig on Thursday. Then spending a couple of days with friends in Fife and a night out in Edinburgh before flying back on Sunday.

Was supposed to be going down to Manchester for another leg of the tour and a stay at the Brewdog hotel but with the weather so glorious here and the cost of trains (god, I'm old!) we've decided to sack that off and will do something lovely here next week instead

lots of hikes and work currently, but preliminary weekend plans look like this:

saturday - work and a hike, hopefully having the evening off. don't think I'll go out tbh but who knows...
sunday - a certain forum member who arrives saturday night makes the long trip down from portinatx to the south of the island for a lazy sunday paella made by my better half if all goes according to plan YAY!

Saturday:
-haircut at 8.30am
-packing
-departure at 1.30pm, two hours by car, then arrival at Geneva airport parking
-6.30pm boarding for ibiza, easyjet flight number ES1519.
-8.30pm landing in ibiza, meeting with Motoluis crew to receive my Fiat Panda 🐼
-9.30pm arriving in Portinatx, throwing away the suitcases quickly at the apartment, a quick shower.
-10pm dinner at Es Brots with the usual suspects.
-midnight, two possibilities :
-being too drunk to go somewhere (70%) and staying with the crazy locals, or going to akasha (30%).
Sunday:
-breakfast at Sant Joan Market, meeting other crazy ibicencos, just a beer or two to heat the machine.
-crossing all the island for paella made by the best half of the most famous bearded man on the island.
From then on I shouldn't be too waterproof anymore.

Last edited:
Saturday:
-haircut at 8.30am
-packing
-departure at 1.30pm, two hours by car, then arrival at Geneva airport parking
-6.30pm boarding for ibiza, easyjet flight number ES1519.
-8.30pm landing in ibiza, meeting with Motoluis crew to receive my Fiat Panda 🐼
-9.30pm arriving in Portinatx, throwing away the suitcases quickly at the apartment, a quick shower.
-10pm dinner at Es Brots with the usual suspects.
-midnight, two possibilities :
-being too drunk to go somewhere (70%) and staying with the crazy locals, or going to akasha (30%).
Sunday:
-breakfast at Sant Joan Market, meeting other crazy ibicencos, just a beer or two to heat the machine.
-crossing all the island for paella made by the best half of the most famous bearded man on the island.
From then on I shouldn't be too waterproof anymore.
I have only had one haircut the last 3 years (will maybe have one soon), just lay your hair down you're in Ibiza

Playing football in Portugal this weekend. My nearest team-mate in age is 22 years my junior. Tournament is all day Saturday, my flight from Luton is at 17:30 Friday, the rest of the squad fly at 11am. What state will they be in when I get to the hotel at about 10pm?

Tournament Saturday, pool days Sunday and Monday and fly home Monday night. Will no doubt get dragged to The Strip in Albufeira an evening or two, but there's some older guys from our club laying golf out there this weekend too, so may check in on them

Playing football in Portugal this weekend. My nearest team-mate in age is 22 years my junior. Tournament is all day Saturday, my flight from Luton is at 17:30 Friday, the rest of the squad fly at 11am. What state will they be in when I get to the hotel at about 10pm?

Tournament Saturday, pool days Sunday and Monday and fly home Monday night. Will no doubt get dragged to The Strip in Albufeira an evening or two, but there's some older guys from our club laying golf out there this weekend too, so may check in on them
We went to magaluf once to play football. I ended up playing 0 minutes and instead was in the dressing room spewing all day😂😂

Sounds like an epic weekend! Good luck in your tournament

Imagine living in a rural town so sleepy, melancholic, quietly depressing and empty they had to make a movie to capture the mood:

Of course The Guardian approves:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...gering-love-story-in-dreamy-small-town-norway

The movie hits the cinemas this weekend. Somewhere out there, a version with English sub titles exists. I guess no one is safe.

Yes, I live in this town :rolleyes: , and try my best to make the get-away every weekend. This weekend I'm off to Oslo for 4 days. The schedule is as follows:

Friday: Job interview, then off to Oslo. Beer upon arrival.
Saturday: Beach, and then beer out on town with friends.
Sunday: Beach, and then most likely beer out on town with friends.
Monday: Beach, no beer.
Tuesday: Beach, and then in the afternoon National Day celebrations (with alcohol).
Wednesday: Back to sleepy, melancholic, slightly depressing and empty rural town with a mood that is now officially preserved for eternity in a cinema movie approved of by The Guardian. :confused:

Last edited:
Back