Weekend Plans

my weekend was really dull tbh. caused a minor disturbance at the clinic when I stupidly spilt my urine sample all over the nurse's table, folder, chair everything but that was as lively as it got. real cabin fever at the moment, maybe mild depression. hoping that after the operation things will improve. I've been writing loads of stuff and trying to get a 'night' (bar thing) started but it's very hard without the connections I used to have. Exactly 2 years since I was last in London town, which is a bit weird. I miss certain things but not others. It is what it is though. Bring on the '22.

It actually worked out exactly as I hoped since Spain is still open (although it won't last for long I suppose).
Went to Elrow BCN for two days straight and did La Guarida as an after in between.
Musically it was not the best event of the year (although LP Giobbi was a pleasant surprise and Ida Engberg delivered a strong set) but the decoration, the people, the atmosphere... all amazing. Lots of old and new friends and a feeling of dance like it's the last night ever.

rolling onto a extra long weekend up in Scotland, Glasgow Friday and Sat night starting with Trym @ SWG3 on friday.. a night thats sure to be packed full of energy, Subculture Saturday.. haven't been to subby or seen Harri & Domenic for a fair few years so rushing for that. Sunday heading over to Edinburgh for the night.. hitting up the Christmas markets, plenty of scran and swill

really not enjoying the cold rn though can only imagine how bitter it is further North :eek: last knees up before boxing day though so going to make it count

It actually worked out exactly as I hoped since Spain is still open (although it won't last for long I suppose).
Went to Elrow BCN for two days straight and did La Guarida as an after in between.
Musically it was not the best event of the year (although LP Giobbi was a pleasant surprise and Ida Engberg delivered a strong set) but the decoration, the people, the atmosphere... all amazing. Lots of old and new friends and a feeling of dance like it's the last night ever.

what's La Guarida? Never heard of it

what's La Guarida? Never heard of it

friends of mine. promoters. currently not in their usual venue AFAIK but still have never been. erik will be able to tell you more!

we were in amsterdam last weekend, currently drinking lots of beer in prague and heading to berlin tomorrow for the weekend. lots of visits & activities planned and then a birthday of a very close friend too before we then head home again to ibiza

Last edited:
On the mend from 24hrs of post-booster illness so should be fine for the weekend.

Tomorrow, knock off early and go to my youngest's school Xmas Fayre, then take the eldest to his last Arsenal footy session before Xmas. Sleepover in the cloud when we get home.

Saturday - eldest's guitar lessons finished for Xmas last week, so will see if I can get him to practice a bit at home in the morning, before I head off to football. Tore my calf a few weeks ago so only managing not playing, but hoping for a win to stop the rot after last week's cup loss.

Sunday - take the kids to my folks, go for a steam and jacuzzi at the gym while my folks stuff the kids with food, and then a choice for the afternoon: either the normal soft play place or the place in the photo below. It's a new Ninja Warrior place that's opened up on the site of a soft play we used to frequent. Just not sure if my calf is up to it, and with my kids, I'll definitely need to go on with them!

12640932.jpg

friends of mine. promoters. currently not in their usual venue AFAIK but still have never been. erik will be able to tell you more!

we were in amsterdam last weekend, currently drinking lots of beer in prague and heading to berlin tomorrow for the weekend. lots of visits & activities planned and then a birthday of a very close friend too before we then head home again to ibiza

You have nice friends Stivi. Really cool party. When you're inside it has that 'everyone knows each other vibe'. Deephouse / house.
Their usual venue was a basement below the hotel Casa Gracia, but afaik that venue is not available anymore. It was in City Hall Barcelona this time and I must say, they were able to recreate that vibe very well. They also hosted the outdoor stage at Elrow on Saturday but didn't really danced there since I was on the terrace or in the main room.

On the mend from 24hrs of post-booster illness so should be fine for the weekend.

Tomorrow, knock off early and go to my youngest's school Xmas Fayre, then take the eldest to his last Arsenal footy session before Xmas. Sleepover in the cloud when we get home.

Saturday - eldest's guitar lessons finished for Xmas last week, so will see if I can get him to practice a bit at home in the morning, before I head off to football. Tore my calf a few weeks ago so only managing not playing, but hoping for a win to stop the rot after last week's cup loss.

Sunday - take the kids to my folks, go for a steam and jacuzzi at the gym while my folks stuff the kids with food, and then a choice for the afternoon: either the normal soft play place or the place in the photo below. It's a new Ninja Warrior place that's opened up on the site of a soft play we used to frequent. Just not sure if my calf is up to it, and with my kids, I'll definitely need to go on with them!

12640932.jpg
You tore your calf??? f***ing hell. How bad, I assume surgery to repair?

You tore your calf??? f***ing hell. How bad, I assume surgery to repair?
To be honest, I hope not, I haven't had it seen to, but haven't played or trained since. Knowing the Xmas break was coming I'll have had the the best part of three months without exercise and I hope it will have healed enough to start training. (And, yes, I know I should have seen my physio by now!)

Seeing lots of disruption of events in UK now due to the ongoing madness :(

Just seen on Instagram Joseph Capriati not appearing in Newcastle tonight, Dimiti from Paris and Purple Disco Machine not at Warehouse Project tomorrow (Bob Sinclar drafted in as a replacement)

Really is risking booking anything right now.

To be honest, I hope not, I haven't had it seen to, but haven't played or trained since. Knowing the Xmas break was coming I'll have had the the best part of three months without exercise and I hope it will have healed enough to start training. (And, yes, I know I should have seen my physio by now!)
That really sucks. I really hope it's just a minor tear or severe strain, can probably avoid surgery.

You should go see your physio... :D lol

Get yourself a Recovapro - works wonders on many things !

We went into Bristol for a night with Chez de Milo and Sean Johnson last night. Was a good little venue with a good crowd. Lots of middle age ravers out for it! Great music, I’ve really been getting into the chug lately. Was a top night all round!

Very envious! Totally my vibe 👍

Would recommend the Ninja Warrior places to anyone in striking distance of one. My entrance fee was a bit of waste, as was clear the recommendation to go on with under 8s means they in fact let non-paying adults jump on to sort kids out etc. Turned in to a bit of an dayer, Frankie and Benny's after and then another soft play.

All-in-all, had the kids out of the house for 7 hours, in which time the current Mrs Buckley needed to be left alone to curate and order this Saturday's Family Christmas Day Dinner*. I did offer to do myself in a spare 10 minutes today, but apparently it's a full day job. Was pleased to arrive home to find the time had been well spent as she's done it all.........apart from the turkey, the booze and the vegetables🤣

*We are away on 25th so having an early one with my folks over etc

Hmmm....unsure if fake Xmas Day is happening on Saturday. My mid-70s parents are worried about infection after youngest's class has had 3 positive tests and eldest's school has closed due to teachers testing positive

Back