Weekend Plans

We ended up at an old school house night early hours Sunday morning when we left the 40th we went to.

Was pretty leathered before going to the family do, then got sideways at the 'Angel's Réunion'. Busier than the party we went to last week, older crowd... 12 o'clock lunch booked with mother in law Sunday was a chore 😊

Last day of our French rave roadtrip, now heading East from Toulouse. So good to spend the weekend near Puyoó dancing (often barefoot) on the grass in the grounds of an old ruin after nearly 2 years out of action. Music was seriously dark (could've done with a chillout/sunnier option too tbh) but flowed superbly with standouts 2 mamarrachos (amazing live analogue acid set), Gela & sebastian too. Strong Spanish contingent in 500+ crowd + some local kids who seemed disappointed not to hear banging trance.

Only one idiot who got swiftly evicted for theatrically hurling a haystack at the crowd. Only bitter/light ale on tap but can't complain. Loved the camping aspect too. 100% eco-friendly which meant unflushable toilets. Cover your shit with the woodchips using the provided (and then - awkwardly - removed) shovel... Cue various 'emergency' excursions to nearby service stations to find 'normal' toilets... (I've been sworn not to share the rest of THAT story)

Also squeezed in some sightseeing around basque France, Bayonne is really nice (love the talo ham/cheese wraps) and a first glimpse of the Atlantic in a very long time.

Considered a visit to Lourdes too (but rain stopped play..) actually saw a few nuns on the autoroute, whose weekend quite possibly differed from ours..

Back to Cat and then 2 weeks til a much calmer trip to IBZ (not words i ever imagined writing!)

One other thing on this, the security was VERY lax- no searches at all apart from a quick glance in bags. If you were a nutter who carries a blade around, you’d have had no problem taking it in there. Quite a few chaps doing some good business in there as well from the amount of times I was offered purchases by different people.

Maybe I’m just getting on a bit, but I don’t know if I can be arsed with this bollocks any more. Someone wake me up when they do exclusively over 30s parties that have places to sit and a choice of gins!
Just realised the Solomun thing today (also Finsbury Park) is Krankbrother promotion … hope it is better organised and better sound today

Went to the Back to Love thing at Finsbury Park on Saturday- musically, usually my sort of thing (sorry….), however…

-The sets were all over the shop, up and down and no real rythmn, rhyme or reason
-The crowd was ridiculously young, a good 80% of the punters were young enough to be my kids
- It was run by Krankbrother and I was assured there would be alcohol free beer at the bars, and lockers inside the venue. Surprise surprise, neither existed and I looked like I had just slapped the face of the grandma of anyone that I asked about it
- The sound was bloody awful
- No urinals
- The stage was at the end of a roadway that had the most enormous dips on either side, so you couldn’t stand straight, even if you were sober
- Mud mud mud
- The afters were 45 minutes away, and opened up at midnight after the festival finished at 10

Yeah, wasn’t great……

There's a video in the comments of some battered girl slipping in the mud. Does not look fun.

Not had a drink all weekend so having a few to watch the match. Give my season ticket up last year feels weird not going😕

Finally something decent to add.

Liverpool this weekend for The One In The Woods. Stacked techno lineup. Ben Simms, Dettmann, Luke Slater, Ben Klock and several others.

One last blowout before starting a new job on Monday.

We have my eldest daughters boyfriend and his Mum coming up from Londres to stay at ours for the weekend. She is French and cue me trying to wind her up 24/7.

Oh and a bit of celebration too a la weekend (proud father moment alert), my eldest daughter Lou got her results today and got a Masters in Law (Distinction).

We have my eldest daughters boyfriend and his Mum coming up from Londres to stay at ours for the weekend. She is French and cue me trying to wind her up 24/7.

Oh and a bit of celebration too a la weekend (proud father moment alert), my eldest daughter Lou got her results today and got a Masters in Law (Distinction).

many congrats to the Diver family. Sometimes wish I'd gone down that route but would've been a terrible solicitor :lol:

Props to young Ms Diver. Enjoy!

Yes, amazing mate! Well done Lou! Great achievement!

Not this but next weekend:

Contemplating between Solomun 6 hours in Antwerp (I guess around 10.000 visitors) 2 hours drive from home or Joris Voorn at the Beach (750 max capacity) 30 mins drive from home. Have tickets for both and can't really make up my mind yet.

Back