Weekend Plans

Gaggle of girls in my kitchen with the wife, getting on it before heading to Manchester’s Albert Hall for Retro. Another mini bus of mates heading over...I’m sat in the front room with the dog listening out for the baby monitor ?
Old school house is on the menu for them tonight;
David Morales
Danny Rampling
Paul Taylor
K Klass
Juliet Roberts - LIVE
Special Guests: Lovely Laura & Ben Santiago

Did a short 5 mile walk around Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet’s Foss this morning before football. If the weather holds up I’ll be back out walking with the baby tomorrow whilst Mrs recovers

Bootcamp this morning was pretty tame for a change - blessed relief to be honest as I need my strength tomorrow ! 3 hours trailing round supermarkets and a tonne of domestic chores stole the rest of the day today :mad:.

Running this in the morning with some nutters from the local running club : https://www.mapometer.com/running/route_4875864.html

Double river Estuary low-tide crossings and a long exposed coastal route is going to be fun with Storm Freya approaching - the rain and 47mph gust forecasts haven't been enough to get a postponement so I guess I'm getting very wet ?

Bootcamp this morning was pretty tame for a change - blessed relief to be honest as I need my strength tomorrow ! 3 hours trailing round supermarkets and a tonne of domestic chores stole the rest of the day today :mad:.

Running this in the morning with some nutters from the local running club : https://www.mapometer.com/running/route_4875864.html

Double river Estuary low-tide crossings and a long exposed coastal route is going to be fun with Storm Freya approaching - the rain and 47mph gust forecasts haven't been enough to get a postponement so I guess I'm getting very wet ?

Good luck! Make sure you don't get blown away!

Good luck! Make sure you don't get blown away!

Haha - it was wild to say the very least but we out-ran Storm Freya making landfall. Punishing doesn't come close but at the same time exhilarating - over 600m / 2,000ft of climbing in just over 14k. One of the guys did a Strava topo-upload here of the route

3 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

7 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

8 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

^^ check out that hill behind the beach - the other side is just as steep ?

14 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

16 by 103 Alex1, on Flickr

^^ how to start a 14km run in a gale ?

Did a lot of doubling back / hanging on for people as it was a mixed ability group and we had to keep together due to the conditions. Was good though and I treated the whole thing as intervals / 'total time running'. Ran some uphills at constant effort, power-walked others and flailed downhill fast to compare effects physically and mentally. There wasn't much between the two approaches overall, was very interesting ! This is what running is like in my own backyard so not surprising I didn't do much before I got some practice in !

Met up with @fhmsparkle at Motion on Friday. Paul van Dyk was great, but all the other DJs around him sucked sadly :(
It was great to see a lot of the old Bristol Transcend regulars.

Saturday was a bit of a write off, then had a very relaxed Sunday with parents before heading home.

View attachment 6427

I think I might still be recovering ? Got in to work this morning and can barely remember what I do! It was a good night though, big thanks to @Ikoda and his group of friends for their hospitality :)

Hopefully Alex Morph and Jordan Suckley will play better sets when I see them again at Passion in a couple of weeks!

Back