Weekend Plans

Been watching “What We Started” (netflix) which offers a history of dance culture, interspersed with modern day djs like garrix, cox, troxler. Aspects are annoying esp the way it jumps around, but it does humanise DJs and tells their story. The garrix story is esp interesting because this kid obviously knows nothing at all about music, history, nothing but does have a casual ear for a pre-recorded melody. you’re left wondering why, if it is all so easy, djing isn’t fully automated altogether...? Why do we even need humans to do any of this anymore?

Yes! I fly out to Croatia on Thursday morning. And we are heading straight out on the Soul Connoisseurs boat party Thursday evening. Can’t wait!
See ya in Tisno!
hopefully bump into you there tucker. thursday night is looking good....get down edits and melon bomb at the beach stage, followed by osunlade at barbarellas :)

Oh man -- I should have checked here for others going to Lumi! Was there all four days and had a brilliant time as always.

And while I'm sure Awakenings is nice and all for people who like that techno robot noise ;) -- Ferry Corsten's closing set Sunday at Lumi was pretty much perfect. Wrapping up with tracks like "Wherever You Are" and "Beautiful", fireworks over the beach at the last light of sunset, arm-in-arm with some great friends ... magical stuff! :)

Honestly? I don't feel I missed out.
Saturday was awful for me for Lumi. Insanely busy. 30 minute queue at almost any time we tried to get into Fuel just made it not worthwhile.

Awakenings has converted me even more to a techno lover.

Ooh. I haven't played this game in a while. :)

Friday - Guns n Roses concert with most of original line-up, followed by (stamina permitting) a party headlined by Solomun
Saturday - Hoping to get to the FIFA Fan Zone to watch the World Cup 3rd place game or else watch in the pub with mates
Sunday - Attending the World Cup Final followed by partying in the streets of Moscow
:cool:

Not that's a name I've not seen in a long time... :)

As for me, this weekend is going to be a busy one - Transcend and Dark Matter are both at Union in London, so running around lots trying to keep on top of everything. :)

This weekend I'm off to some friends' wedding in a small town in Italy.

It looks like a lovely little town but it's going to be hot as balls and probably not much to do. Hopefully I can fits some boozing and naps in between the various events :lol:

Off to Costa Brava for a few days. Offline! (everyone cheers). Look fwd to suncebeat reports. And guns n roses too! Also where in Italy Morbyd? We’re off to a festie near Perugia in Sept but I don’t know Umbria at all.

currently on my balcony on the costa brava, having a few beers, testing out my new portable wifi. had a few drinks earlier at the harbour where Maceo Parker was doing a soundcheck for a jazz gig tonight. It is a great place to clear your head and go for sunrise swims in warm, calm water. the politics has calmed down a lot and there are more places to eat than ever. halleys anti-mosquito repellent is incredibly effective too for those who frequent Spanish pharmacies.

Back