Weekend Plans

mashednlovingit

Haven't drunk or smoked once this year so going for it big time this weekend.

Friday - Nout
Saturday - Awakenings @victoria Warehouse, Manchester
Sunday - Die

What you lot up to?

I broke my fast last weekend. Feel decidedly average for it, but had a lot of fun on Friday night!

I was going to awakenings, looked forward to it for months and thanks to the dvla revoking my entitlement to drive over being an alcoholic(I'm not) I now have no income and am at a total loss as what to do now. I'm only good at being a lorry driver, enjoy the freedom and the challenge of long wide and heavy loads. All taken from me after being treated for depression and the doctor mentioning to the dvla I drank on my days off. They call this persistent miss use of alcohol. :rolleyes:
Sorry for the waffle, I'm genuinely gutted and even if I went to see such a delightful line up in room 1 I wouldn't be able to enjoy it with my life in tatters currently :(
f***

I was going to awakenings, looked forward to it for months and thanks to the dvla revoking my entitlement to drive over being an alcoholic(I'm not) I now have no income and am at a total loss as what to do now. I'm only good at being a lorry driver, enjoy the freedom and the challenge of long wide and heavy loads. All taken from me after being treated for depression and the doctor mentioning to the dvla I drank on my days off. They call this persistent miss use of alcohol. :rolleyes:
Sorry for the waffle, I'm genuinely gutted and even if I went to see such a delightful line up in room 1 I wouldn't be able to enjoy it with my life in tatters currently :(
f***
Sorry to hear that mate.

f***
Wow, thats not good (states obvious). The NHS are bad at everything, "drink on your days off" !!!! Everyone I know does that ffs.
How long they revoked it for?
Are you self employed or can your company offer you some other work?
Have they revoked all your categories or just C+E?

I have a personal list of NHS shortcomings, I try to avoid them for any help whenever possible.

My C+E from Jan 30th but was driving yesterday as letter didn't arrive till then ffs :rolleyes:
The letter has stated my car license is to follow my boss and the director at my firm can't understand how they've come to the decision so now I've no income from Friday till its sorted:mad:
No idea what work I can do in the mean time, who's gonna take me on knowing in 12 months I'm off on the road again?
Best case senario I'll be driving in a month or I need a quick career change and in the current climate I'm not hopeful. Feel shit.

Yep, sounds like a pretty shit knee jerk reaction form the GP. You should have access to your consultation and how/why he has done a DVLA notification?
Off the road again in 12 months, why?
If you may be back driving again soon, surely the bosses can give you some other work, they seem to be supportive?

They were till the director told me this morning there's nothing he can do, prick drives round in an 85 grand merc I'm not jealous but I'm hardly new. I've had a few problems in the last 6 months months and they've offered f*** all financial support. He does very little while I break my back and work away from my kids all week to fund his high life sob sob :lol:
Genuinely thought they'd look after me but I'm to clear my cab out Saturday and in the mean time looking at any work I can get. Bad times, very bleak looking year ahead :(
There is a slim chance I'll be back on the road but I'm not holding my breath the dvla are very well known to uphold their decision.

went bowling last night for a birthday. i think i scored a grand total of 32 or something..... worlds worst bowler

Did the Social in Kent. Decent venue, great line up and all in all good fun. Crowd looked a bit moody but didn't see any trouble or attitude. A lot of people 'over doing' it though quite early on so thinned the dance floors out a bit late on.

Some really quality sets. Nina Kraviz played some nasty, filthy weird techno, Eats Everything & Yousef B2B for 3
Hours was quality. Joris Voorn & Nic Fancuilli was very good too. Played some quite obscure oldies too which reminded me of old Ibiza trips.

Finally got to see Steve Lawler who got it spot on for the time of day. High energy and really fun. Also finally got to see Maya Jane Coles who played a big housey set. Finally Adam Beyer on last destroyed the place, full of chuggy techno that seemed to be picking up BPM as his set went on. All sets were at least 1.5hours too which was nice, as opposed to 1 hour / 1 hour 15 you get a lot now

Good fun for a rainy Saturday in February

Farewell weekender in London.

Observations

1. Waffles - Uriah is an effing amazing record. A total beast of a tune. It shits on anything else i've heard in the last year.

2. The landlord at the ship in the City kicked everyone out early because one person was a bit careless with her beak in the toilets thus sabotaging a great party.

3. The train ride home was as traumatic as anything i can remember.

4. I'll miss London. Massively. But you can do all the same shit in Spain, for a fraction of the price and without any of the gales

Back