Weekend Plans

shhh. :lol:

Strange place innit? Decent sound system for such bizarre oddball environs.

Yeah, one of the maddest places I've ever been in. Full of nutters. Remember tbeing in there one night and there was this bloke, must have been 60 odd, small blue 80s shorts on, string vest, headband, bottle of water, dancing like mad. Off it on speed I reckon. Such a mad spot.

yeah 414 can be quite 'interesting'!

Although i thnk the title off oddball venue of Brixton award has to go to 'George 4th' next to the prison. It shut down a couple years ago but that was such a weird place , banging out hard psy trance at 8am every saturday morning in what was essentially a pub

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah 414 can be quite 'interesting'!

Although i thnk the title off oddball venue of Brixton award has to go to 'George 4th' next to the prison. It shut down a couple years ago but that was such a weird place , banging out hard psy trance at 8am every saturday morning in what was essentially a pub

Another mad spot. Lived in Wandsworth 10 years ago and used to hit Brixton every weekend more or less. Havent been down there for a night out in years. Had some great nights out down there and some totally mad ones as well.

...On ALFOS - desperado to get to one of the Glasgow ones. 8)
you wont be disappointed if you make a glasgow ALFOS....basement club, about 180 people...its superb....suits the music so well, great crowd...

was a brilliant night on friday, with it being the first friday one....(i will say the the first one they put on just before xmas wont be beaten though...that was a special night...one of my best nights clubbing in years that...8)

ALFOS scotland schedule:

sept 28th glasgow, berkeley suite

nov 9th edinburgh, the caves (the first edinburgh ALFOS was a really good night as well...the caves is a great venue for it)

november 30 glasgow, the berkely suite

shhh. :lol:

Strange place innit? Decent sound system for such bizarre oddball environs.

my last memory of that place was 17 years ago after a crazy session at Sunnyside Up, no sleep for three days thinking.......... could anywhere in the world attract a more twisted bunch of people under one roof!!!! At that time I seem to recall it didn't even have a bar licence!!!

my last memory of that place was 17 years ago after a crazy session at Sunnyside Up, no sleep for three days thinking.......... could anywhere in the world attract a more twisted bunch of people under one roof!!!! At that time I seem to recall it didn't even have a bar licence!!!

Went to 414 in 2001, we were doing Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem on the saturday so I'm pretty sure it was a sunday night carrying on into monday morning. I will absolutely agree it was a surreal place, fun in a mad, cheap and cheerful sort of way.

I remember the taxi driver asking us like a million times if we were really sure we wanted to go into Brixton, he apparently was not ok with some innocent looking tourists wandering around there :twisted:

Back