Weekend Plans

Rob - so many 30-somethings I know are doing that serious thing, quite worrying! I'm waiting for them all to hit the 40's and hit the midlife crisis - flamboyant shirts and trying to get down with da kidz lol
Anyone more than a year or two shy of 40 who thinks they're hitting midlife is seriously deluding themselves! :lol: The angst I had about turning 30 was nothing compared to what I expect to face over the next 12 months :lol: (and have already started feeling...)

Uhhhhmmmmmm - how to answer that? It's like shedding a layer of skin.

We grow up with expectations put on us (some from society, some from friends, most from parents)...then suddenly the time comes when you have a big 'FU(K IT!' moment.

Realisation hits that all the fear based decisions you've been making all your life (money, career etc) are for $hit (usually someone elses $hit) and climbing the status ladder is meaningless - and then you die. :rolleyes:

Usually there's a catalyst for this (job crisis, divorce etc etc) and the bigger the meltdown, the more profound the changes afterwards and the more fearless you become.

It's an important rite of passage - life is too short for faffing. ;)

That's my take on it anyway. :lol:

But that's the way I've been feeling all my life :lol:

Anyone more than a year or two shy of 40 who thinks they're hitting midlife is seriously deluding themselves! :lol: The angst I had about turning 30 was nothing compared to what I expect to face over the next 12 months :lol: (and have already started feeling...)

I'm lucky on this front. Dan has been announcing my fortieth annually for so long now that I've dealt with it:lol:

well I'm 36 and fairly philosophical about it. The damage is done. Debris viewable for miles in my rear view mirror. I can't undo anything now. We all live when we're young (ie have energy), and then younger, hungrier, smarter people follow and we inevitably get shunted aside on the conveyor belt to death. Death for me is the most interesting phase of life. It's possibly the only interesting unknown left. Everything else you can find out about on the internet.

well I'm 36 and fairly philosophical about it. The damage is done. Debris viewable for miles in my rear view mirror. I can't undo anything now. We all live when we're young (ie have energy), and then younger, hungrier, smarter people follow and we inevitably get shunted aside on the conveyor belt to death. Death for me is the most interesting phase of life. It's possibly the only interesting unknown left. Everything else you can find out about on the internet.

But we can jump out of planes, hurtle down mountains at speed on planks of wood, hear new music, f**k like rabbits, eat amazing food etc. You can do all these things and experiencing them isn't dulled by the fact you aren't the first.

But we can jump out of planes, hurtle down mountains at speed on planks of wood, hear new music, f**k like rabbits, eat amazing food etc. You can do all these things and experiencing them isn't dulled by the fact you aren't the first.

+1 mate! Some of us are just not that Jaded i suppose!

everyone who lived through the 90s and still involved in this scene is effectively locked in a mid-life crisis pretty much indefinitely. It is one great big hedonistic experiment. we are all guinea pigs. Happy 50th Danny Tenaglia :)

:lol::lol:

Some friends from way back held a 1989 reunion night on NYE last year, trying to recapture the days of old at the same venue where it took place every week...

f**k like rabbits.

Steady on Mr Douglas! ;) :lol:

I didn't think Olly's statement was jaded at all...I thought it was honest.

Nothing wrong with taking stock and looking at the damage count now and then (one thing we've all got in common). :lol:

...fear of death is what drives everything that's wrong in society. We're more interested in posturing, getting "stuff" and seeking salvation/validation (usually with money) than having the courage to stop the clock and have a sneaky peek at what's on the other side of our panic.

Death is the biggest headfu(k ever...In a really good way.

Steady on Mr Douglas! ;) :lol:

I didn't think Olly's statement was jaded at all...I thought it was honest.

Nothing wrong with taking stock and looking at the damage count now and then (one thing we've all got in common). :lol:

...fear of death is what drives everything that's wrong in society. We're more interested in posturing, getting "stuff" and seeking salvation/validation (usually with money) than having the courage to stop the clock and have a sneaky peek at what's on the other side of our panic.

Death is the biggest headfu(k ever...In a really good way.

:lol: Mr Douglas indeed!

None of it will matter when you're wormfood, but money can lead to some great experiences, not that you need it for all

:lol: Mr Douglas indeed!

None of it will matter when you're wormfood, but money can lead to some great experiences, not that you need it for all

Yeah but if you've not stopped to look in the mirror and faced your own $hit then spending is futile.

Unless you're Donald Trump...frankly, if I had a hair transplant like that I'd feel like I'd found enlightenment.

Making the journey from Tynemouth to London for the Planet E party.

Staying with friends in Balham. If any of you London bods can suggest somewhere for a drink en route from where we are to where we're going it would be appreciated.

Olly - been listening to that Carl Craig EM all week. It's fantastic!

Yeah but if you've not stopped to look in the mirror and faced your own $hit then spending is futile.

Unless you're Donald Trump...frankly, if I had a hair transplant like that I'd feel like I'd found enlightenment.[/QUOTE]

Tea spitting moment, thank-you Robder!! :lol::lol::lol:

40 is nowhere near as bad as turning 30 IMO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I was devastated...(Phil fondly refers to 1995 as my Tweed/Brown period - I cut my dreads and hair extensions out, dyed my hair from bright red back to brown and tried to be a grown up :oops:) THEN I ressurected my love of dance music and found Ibiza 18 months later now I am embracing the 40's - its empowering!!!! Old enough to know better, but wise enough to do it sensibly....8)

However when I am in the middle of the warehouse floor next Sat losing it to Garnier - then I am likely to feel wrong and very old again no doubt.....:lol:

Back