Weekend Football

I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologise on your behalf to any other Americans on Spotlight (and beyond) you're currently giving a bad name to.

Oh quit being a sally.Its a forum for crying out loud.Noone can possibly be taken this to heart!The pics were in return to jam mans post---) god forbid an American speaks out among a more english forum.Blah Blah to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very enjoyable game. Mind you how the hell did that fella get away with the blatant assualt on Arthur in the first 20 seconds or so??? Could you imagine if that happened in the premiership especially to one of Fergie's men???

No, missed it... that's why I avoided your thread :lol:
Congrats to your boys, of course. Sounds like it was an exciting match.

twas indeed, great game, did very well to come from behind for the 2nd time in the tie. And then ride out 15mins of pressure towards the end and make it safe on the break at the death!

that boy Vladimir Weiss looks like he's gonne be special :D

I was being nice. Just initially, what I said was referring the Pompey supporters has the best in country as they had been recently been voted that. My comment was that us Toon supporters were clapped off by them. I don't have arguments about who have the most fanatical supporters coz it's boring, who cares. You support who you support at the level you wanna support them. I could be the most mental fan ever and travel home and away, but I don't wanna.

Newcastle are fooking ****e in London, no chance of a result. Couldn't get tickets anyway, left it a day late and missed out. Oh well, going Burnley v Southampton this weekend, then I can follow the Cherries amazing escape the following weekend. Then if all goes well, Carlisle away last game of season to stay up. Mental.

Pompey another great mythical following!! All surrounds the bellend with the bell!!;)

Carlisle are bang in the hunt for promotion too so that will be tough. Is Sicknote still playing?? Southampton are in need of a major shake up too. I think they thought when they got new ground etc that they would kick on but shows you need a bit more than that. Shame. I enjoyed weekends down in the New Forest everytime played down there, good weekend away that. That's one thing I look for when teams go up and down is the best weekend away and p1ss ups!! I was never bothered when Ham was in the Championship, I only missed 5 games over 2 seasons but kids and the premiership pricing and gloryhunting fans I decided I would keep my pound notes in me sky rocket! To be honest though I have my little boy every Saturday and also having a little girl now too I would rather spend my time and money on them plus missus would do her bo11ocks too if I started swanning off around the country each weekend without her!! ;)

Pompey another great mythical following!! All surrounds the bellend with the bell!!;)

Carlisle are bang in the hunt for promotion too so that will be tough. Is Sicknote still playing?? Southampton are in need of a major shake up too. I think they thought when they got new ground etc that they would kick on but shows you need a bit more than that. Shame. I enjoyed weekends down in the New Forest everytime played down there, good weekend away that. That's one thing I look for when teams go up and down is the best weekend away and p1ss ups!! I was never bothered when Ham was in the Championship, I only missed 5 games over 2 seasons but kids and the premiership pricing and gloryhunting fans I decided I would keep my pound notes in me sky rocket! To be honest though I have my little boy every Saturday and also having a little girl now too I would rather spend my time and money on them plus missus would do her bo11ocks too if I started swanning off around the country each weekend without her!! ;)

Ha that guy with a bell, changed his name to Mr. Pompey, fanny. Yeah Carlisle is tough but they're already nailed down for 2nd place, nothing to play for. Bournemouth are like 3rd best form team in league at the moment. Will be sweet if it happens. Not likely at the moment as need a few results to go our way irrelevant of Cherries results. Millwall and Crewe won last week unexpectedly which fooked it up proper. Still, would be fun. Was there last season for last day relegation battle, which we won, pitch invasion etc. was class.

but if it comes down to it, the roots of football are working class, the middle classes have hijacked it and many ordinary supporters are unfortunately priced out of the game, if i had my way id do away with all seater stadiums and insane prices for match tickets and get rid of the corporate businessmen,etc who jumped on the bandwagon, im a football fanatic and make no apologies for it either.

theres always some muppet prepared to pay silly money for 90 mins entertainment and ****e food. ;)

Back