Weekend Football

Well done Avram...

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:
To be fair, it was hardly his fault.

For the whole first half, the team stood around kicking the ball as if they were at a training session while the Wigan players stood still and watched.

You'd think players like Bridge, Beletti, Obi, and Malouda - who are not first choice players - would have tried a little harder.

The players just didn't want it enough. We would have been better putting out the reserves (where Sidwell, Ferreira, among others, are cooling their heels) to play last night.

Grant's one moment of influence on the game (besides, I hope, asking Clark and Ten Cate to take turns tearing some new a-holes during halftime) was bringing on Joe Cole. Good move.

All in all, a horrendous result. While you have to give Grant some credit - we are the only undefeated team in the league in 2008 and we are still in 2nd in the league after being nearly mid-table last autumn - it's just not clicking in this team anymore. Time to clean house!

Were they saying that 3 weeks ago afer your 7th loss on the bounce? :lol::lol::lol:
Dunno, I sure as hell wasn't gonna go during that horrible little period. But I bet they probably were, travelling support in late season is so much better than anything else, especially when nothing to play for. We're gonna do 4 wins on the bounce now.

Anyone fond of a bet on the football?

Short odds but i think ill lump the cash on this one, don't think Celtic will lose against Rangers on Wednesday, we were unlucky last week @ Ipox so this bet appeals.

4/11 for either a Celtic win OR draw with Paddy Powers, looks good to me.;)

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_soccer_level1

Given your rounded view of life in general & football in particular, I imagine that this bet, on...let me check...Celtic! Has been taken off by now due to the stampede of spotlight pounds/dollars/euros/space coins into the bookies!

Breaks my heart to see Sir Michael of the Owen plying his trade in midfield tho...

You obviously havn't seen him play there then. He is playing amazingly there and has been pretty much the key to recent success. It works at the moment coz he has the legs to get up front as well, not sure how it will fair later but in our current situation it is working amazingly. Got no real wingers, so Butt and Barton breaking up EVERYTHING and giving it to Owen who can then provide the little creativity we have as a team. Alternative options are give it to Geremi or Enrique, both which result in ball being shinned towards the other team. Owen is playing this role and still banging in goals so can't be bad. However, obviously I'd prefer someone else to be doing Owens job and then he can concentrate on hitting 30 a season in which will happen next year. It's a joy to watch the moment though, roll on Upton Park next week.

Given your rounded view of life in general & football in particular, I imagine that this bet, on...let me check...Celtic! Has been taken off by now due to the stampede of spotlight pounds/dollars/euros/space coins into the bookies!

Rounded view on life in general, i don't lurk on internet message boards like you do on here and post smarmy comments tryiong to look funny and clever.

Now f*ck off and stop annoying me fool.

Anyone fond of a bet on the football?

Short odds but i think ill lump the cash on this one, don't think Celtic will lose against Rangers on Wednesday, we were unlucky last week @ Ipox so this bet appeals.

4/11 for either a Celtic win OR draw with Paddy Powers, looks good to me.;)

http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_soccer_level1

Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers get fcuking in there you beauty im chuffed to bits here :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D what a way to win it in injury time, fully deserved as well what a stuning goal by Naka one of the goals of the season for sure8) didn't have this particular bet but had a nice wager on us @ 5/4, i fcuking knew we would win tonite, the league is not over yet, obviously they are still red hot favourites but it aint over the fat lady sings and we'll push them all the way.

HAIL HAIL8)

Please read my post again and adjust your comments accordingly. :p

I'm only playing with you tiger!;)

What would you like me to adjust my comments to?? I will always stand by the fact I think that all this is North East have the greatest and most fanatical support is a myth made up only by the media.

I bet you though you will fill your allocation at UP (as do Sunderland hat's off!) as you always seem to do unlike a few of the London clubs over the years. Maybe the fact that most northern teams fancy their chances against the southern softies! Don't be surprised if Derby get a result there this weekend. I don't think they will as I think we will bore them to death.

i think i have heard than one in the "profanisaurus" :lol:

along with "turd fondler" which I know dan is a big fan of

(the word and not the act by the way) ;)

My niece is 5!! What is she doing with the profanisaurus?:confused:

I am more p1ssed off by the fact she got me some old Sudoku book for xmas when she could have given profanisaurus so I could get up to date on these words. The Sudoku I completed the whole book in about 2 mins. Apparently all I had to do was put the numbers into the boxes! I thought my niece was a bit out of order as she obviously does not think i'm that bright! I see people doing it on the train home putting numbers in boxes and they take forever, takes me 2 seconds. I always think there must be more to it then just putting them in the box though!;)

Back