Excited to hear how the session back at the hotel went down!
check this out on soundcloud mate is such a beat!! Layton Giordani's next release on Drumcode, 'Live Again'

I remember watching it and just thinking wow that tune, it worked so well with the vocal of 'Make a transition' as he handed over to Capriati!

Mid-way through Cox's set we dabbled with Floor 2 again to see Sven. For those that don't know, Sven has had some pretty unreal intros in the past. Nothing of that grandeur this year, but he started with some good acid tinged stuff. It got a bit psychedelic. He was playing for 4 hours so I knew this was gonna be a bit of a journey set which you really needed to fully-immerse yourself in and see it through. Unfortunately, I could already tell gf, sister and the boyfriend were losing interest. So we head back to the Coxy mosh-pit next door.

We spent the full four hours there. Was griped. Sven Vath was awesome, but the sound quality in that room wasn't as good as it could of been

Preferred the directors cut of the review! Ha ha, sounds great. I have always wanted to go but worry it'd be too big and just a bit disappointing. Never know, I might make it one day...

gr8 review thanks.

friends & i we have some rules for time warp:

1- we go 3, the most tolerant 3 (we do all events together),

2- room 2 & room 2 only- although one of us likes to visit what we call the "italian room" - room 3 for carola & solomun, but we mainly stay in room 2 all the time

3- we arrived 12 so by the time dubfire in his mid set/ sven going to start we are settled & ready to ride the journey from sven till end of richie

the most important rule in time warp - manage your time & consumption & never ever take a newbie or increase the number of people in the group - its 3 the magic number.

i liked nina being between sven & richie - if i was going to ask for it i would have never imagined theyll put her between sven & richie - its just too much for people who are not used to this

its not easy to get dubfire , sven, nina and then richie for 6 hours.

you need experience, tolerance & you got to be really into the music.

You went to timewarp to que for carl cox?SMH.

With all that choice aswell

Yeah mate. Cos I'm a reviewer it's important to cover what people wanna read about the the most. What's gonna get the most website hits. The most social shares.

With all the will in the world, Fabio Florido, Extraweld and Steffan Deux are not gonna appeal to the wider audience regardless of how great they are.

Plus - as I find at most events I go to with big groups - you're at the mercy of who the majority want to see.

We went as a group. And that's what made the whole experience.

Last edited:
Loved it mate. Thanks for sharing! It's got me right in the mood for the coming weekend!

The Aftermath

After exiting the complex, we were in a cab within 2 minutes. As we headed back to the hotel, the police were pulling cars over for random checks, including taxis. I still had a few bits on me, but we were waved through. Not sure if they were just breathalyzing or checking for anything else.

We arrived back at the hotel and it was a sombre mood. A bit of a ghosttown. The entire downstairs lobby was deserted. There wasn't even any staff visible on reception. We headed back to our room to put our phones on charge and freshen up. As soon as we got in, we decided to hit the hay.

We got about three hours worth of sleep in. Pretty broken and twitchy as you can imagine.

Woke around 1530 and to 2 very intrusive noises: one being a vacuum-cleaner like noise. We'd put a do not disturb sign on the doors, but it wasn't the cleaners anyway and appeared to be coming from outside. The other was somebody with a really goofy laugh.

There were signs of life on the group chat. Seems some of our group hadn't lasted much past 8am.

We were restless and knew trying to get back to sleep would be difficult.

One of my mates' gf was messaging my missus and was feeling a bit needy in her comedown, so my gf went across the hall to her with a cup of tea.

I headed downstairs and joined 4 or 5 of the lads. I'd had the nouce to leave a bag of coke and k in our room.

When I got down there, the boyfriend was one of the guys present. Of course, it had been him we'd heard laughing from 3 floors down.

We fashioned a make-shift speaker out of the bin and took turns in playing music off our phones. A tray was passed around with a various assortment of goodies, but it was evident our supplies wouldn't last long.

The girl who had sorted our bulk order yesterday was woken and asked if you could sort it again.

Reluctantly, she agreed. A few phone calls later, and it was a goer. We all threw in any notes we had left in our pockets.

Several hours later and I was more pissed than anything. My sister was awake and my gf and our other friend wanted food. I really didn't have any appetite owing to all the coke, but I was diplomatic and left the ensuing carnage in the room to join them for dinner. Th

Before long dusk was setting in and the temperature was dropping. We headed back to the hotel. The boyfriend stayed.

Just a few hundred yards from the hotel a square hosted several cafés and restaurants.

We sat-up shop in the evening sun and the 4 of us ended up ordering a couple of oval pizza-like meals to share. They were massive when they came out. I even suffered a few mouthfuls.

A few of the other couples happened to be walking past, back from their own forage for food. They joined us and we got back on the beers.
I still had a fair amount of coke left, so I had one last line.

My gf had put herself to bed already. I stuck my headphones in and lay pretty awake for the next few hours. At some-point I drifted off.

So there you have it, that is my review of Time Warp DE 2017 complete!
It ranks third on my list in terms of personal favourites: 1st 2014, 2nd 2015, 3rd 2017.

Just gave me quite an entertaining half hour read in the office. Funny because i think we sort of had this discussion in another thread as you seemed to actually catch live a lot of the sets i listened to after they were posted. I hated Maceo and loved Beyer (who I am not even so keen on these days), I found Capriati's set Ok although i listened to it sober a few times and not in the state you likely enjoyed it in.

I do have one question if you dont mind me asking, but how old are you? I only ask because not that I'm ancient at 30, but i dont think i'd function for a week after the amount of well, lets call it "partying". Time warp is definitely on my list before i more/less hang up the party shoes, im hoping to hit it either next year in 2018 or 2019. But 2018 its definitely on the table as an option, it'll either be that or Sonar/Off Week.

Time warp is definitely on my list before i more/less hang up the party shoes, im hoping to hit it either next year in 2018 or 2019. But 2018 its definitely on the table as an option, it'll either be that or Sonar/Off Week.
This is my exact dilemma! But Timewarp is now top of my list and is a must for next year, every year I say ill go and never do so next year its happening!! My decision is Off Sonar or Ibiza!!

This is my exact dilemma! But Timewarp is now top of my list and is a must for next year, every year I say ill go and never do so next year its happening!! My decision is Off Sonar or Ibiza!!

If it wasn't so expensive to fly over from New york and/or I didn't have an old lady who wasn't really into the scene, I'd gladly do both but both of those factors make it hard to work around. Of course there will always be others, but TW and sonar/off are the last 2 big ones I'd like to hit up.

Back