VIP culture

It's beyond me how most of you don't accept Ushuaia.

A great piece that flys in the face of a lot of you on here.

Great idea for the Paradis/Eden collaboration, I wonder if that could work, or be made to work .

I've only been in once and don't remember much about it. I don't tend to comment on it for that reason, but I think it's become a symbol of changes we wished didn't happen rather than the thing itself being hated. I'm guessing most people on here expressing negative opinions aren't really talking about experiences they've had there.

I could be wrong. First time for everything.

Great blog. Might not necessarily agree with every point, but good to read some positivity amid the recent doom & gloom. Sure, he has a vested interest. But I think he argues his points well. Ushuaia is obviously not gonna be everybody's cuppa. But as he points out, there's so much variety on offer these days there is something which appeals to a wide spectrum of potential customers.

Stivi also mentions this in his season review: it'd be defeatist to have underground tech parties at every venue, on every day of the week.

It's beyond me how most of you don't accept Ushuaia.

A great piece that flys in the face of a lot of you on here.

Great idea for the Paradis/Eden collaboration, I wonder if that could work, or be made to work .
I just don't like the venue itself, nothing to do with bottle service etc...
Destino, well thats a different matter. Similar principle but much, much better.

Destino, well thats a different matter. Similar principle but much, much better.

I've yet to have a blinder at Ushuaia. Always been disappointed. Similarly I don't think it has anything to do with the VIP element.

And Destino... WOW! Blew me away. Top venue.

Stayed there, done its opening a few times and been to Ants, I thought it was great.

There is still lots of room for different music in Ibiza, I really don't get all this "cool" slagging off of EDM either but that's another subject.

Saw VIP in Paradis and its dyer, just a table upstairs away from anything, I love that club from days gone by, would love to see it flourish again, is it true the owner won't pay for "big" name DJ's ?

I totally get that nobody wants that empty night, because you booked some ageing yank nobody under 35's heard of. i'm starting a small biz in Spain next year and i gotta pay the bills too... I get that. At the same time though, you've got a special island which is supposed to be the clubbing mecca, so there needs to intelligence and imagination if ibiza still wants to stand out from the pack. The clubs need to be shepherds not sheep. Whittle's all about the bottom line, but he misses the other part of the equation and the cooler crowd will all jump ship if they don't feel welcome. And where the cool crowd go, everyone else normally follows

I have done VIP once or twice in Ibiza in PACHA only because others i was with were doing it and it's definitely not worth the money and we actually spent more time on the dance floor.

I come from the old skool and whilst i appreciate times are different now but it would not be something id ever be into, give me a small underground club any day of the week over some flash place like Ushuaia or Pacha, the glory days of the late 80's and up the mid 90's were undoubtedly special and the best ever, parties like Clockwork Orange represent the real ethos of what these great days were about and all im really interested in are parties like this and not pretentious VIP culture with poseurs and all sorts.

Just my two cents anyway.

is it true the owner won't pay for "big" name DJ's ?

I don't think that is the case, I think its more to the point that it is appealing to the type of market that happens to be in that area, which is lets face it generally drunk, teenage/twenty something British tourists

Gone are the days where Es Paradis had big name djs like Sasha etc, maybe its because they couldnt afford the rates, but i also think that your average west end customer does not care about that, plus you have to have some cheaper alternatives to the 60 euro plus ticket prices of Amnesia/Pacha etc.. so Es Paradis has its market targetted perfectly I think, its just a shame as I literally havent been there for 15 years, there is nothing to make me want to go there, the only thing that i would be interested in is the Clockwork Orange one offs.. but it is/was a beautiful club, loved the layout, but having not been there for years not sure what its like these days, I can only assume it no longer attracts a continental crowd though

I've only been in once and don't remember much about it. I don't tend to comment on it for that reason, but I think it's become a symbol of changes we wished didn't happen rather than the thing itself being hated. I'm guessing most people on here expressing negative opinions aren't really talking about experiences they've had there.

I could be wrong. First time for everything.

I was a bit gutted i missed its first incarnation as a party chiringuito, however as you said its since come to represent a side of ibiza i have absolutely zero interest in.

I think whittle speaks a lot of sense and i don't think him having a vested interest detracts from that either.

Naff, "gogo plastic & chips" tacky glitz, grotty sterile Miami-esque pool area, not one iota of class about any aspect of the decor or the place as a whole. Mix of staff some pleasant enough but some surly cnuts (didn't go in this year but in past years there have been some serious 'thug' issues with the door staff). Air of sordid 'cocaine-luxe' hanging about and feels like a giant money laundry for people to dispose of illegitimate earnings. Suffice to say, not a fan and left pretty early whenever I've been in there. For various reasons :lol: ...

^ I'm sure its an okay hotel :confused:.
But to get my music fix (any genre) give me somewhere else any day.

Always found the vibe to be fine, defo never found it grotty, it's generally spotless during the day, I've always felt it was a slightly older crowd whenever I have been there.

Drinks the same price as over the road, just gets mega ramo at times.

Back