Valencia or Seville?

Johnny Vodka

Thinking about trying a new (to me) Spanish city for possibly a May trip. Anyone have much experience with Valencia or Seville?

Valencia gets my vote - I may be considered a tad biased due to the fact that I live there. In Vlc we're on the coast whereas Seville isn't and in May the weather will be perfect for the beach. Valencia is more cosmopolitan that Seville too IMHO and the clubbing scene here is great. Seville is good for "typical" Spanish culture - toros, flamenco, sherry etc.

I'm probably looking for something more relaxed than a clubbing holiday - sightseeing, food, drink. I'm a big fan of Granada (over any other Spanish city I've been to), and Seville sounds closer to that in vibe. But also depends on flight times/prices. There's a few non-Spanish cities I'm looking at too.

Neither are particularly easy to fly to, unless you live near Stanstead.

seville is a lovely city. the religious semana santa easter parades with the people in the ku klux klan outfits (there the similarities end!) are a bit mental. there’s a really good thriller “nadie conoce a nadie” set there.

our next ambition is to explore the basque country. food heaven!

seville is a lovely city. the religious semana santa easter parades with the people in the ku klux klan outfits (there the similarities end!) are a bit mental. there’s a really good thriller “nadie conoce a nadie” set there.

our next ambition is to explore the basque country. food heaven!

I've seen Semana Santa celebrations in Malaga and Nerja before. Bilbao (Basque Country) is another place I'm considering.

if i had more money and time i’d like to do the camino de santiago and attempt to emulate stivi’s hiking adventures. my best friend here is from Asturias & says it’s a must-visit

Back