Useful forum function: "ignore"

james

Administrator
Staff member
hi all,

if another member is annoying you with his opinions, you can hover over his/her name and click "ignore" - then you never see any of his posts until you "unignore" him/her.

twitter does this well with their mute function.

sometimes it's nice to see different points of view, rather than live in an echo chamber where everyone agrees with you. but for emergencies this function is there :)

I use it all the time. it's a dilemma though when someone annoys the hell out of you in one thread but is actually quite useful in another.

Personally I think the biggest problem is the lack of women on here. Pretty obvious why..

If you can read this... :lol:

Without wishing to sound like a killjoy (and I'm not in favour of censorship), but stuff like the arse thread possibly doesn't help. I know other forums in which such a thing wouldn't be allowed. Also maybe the attitude around some music/DJs, not relating to their personal lives. Wouldn't stop either of those things, but they might put some people off. I don't think this place is that bad really. I think there are a lot of female (and male) lurkers… Loads of people I've met from here that I've rarely or never seen post. :lol:

@james can you let us know who has us ignored ,So we don't waste time getting into a conversationdon't with then..? some time's I feel nobody is listening to me...? that why I spend hours posting so much different genres of music to get people to like me.. now there a Reggae Thread ? there's no Rastafarians within 124k of my house....

Without wishing to sound like a killjoy (and I'm not in favour of censorship), but stuff like the arse thread possibly doesn't help. I know other forums in which such a thing wouldn't be allowed. Also maybe the attitude around some music/DJs, not relating to their personal lives. Wouldn't stop either of those things, but they might put some people off. I don't think this place is that bad really. I think there are a lot of female (and male) lurkers… Loads of people I've met from here that I've rarely or never seen post. :lol:

I'm not blameless but then again I haven't trolled trance fans in many years..

the point about women is more serious though. if women think this just a site for saddo blokes with dodgy views they'll give it a wide berth.

@james can you let us know who has us ignored ,So we don't waste time getting into a conversationdon't with then..? some time's I feel nobody is listening to me...? that why I spend hours posting so much different genres of music to get people to like me.. now there a Reggae Thread ? there's no Rastafarians within 124k of my house....

I’ve always got your back mate ?

I’m never too busy to give you a ‘haha’ like?

I agree with your comments,myself being a 'long time lurker'. I have been put off by threads like 'I have a bum' and people posting stealth shots of women who are just out enjoying themselves.
It's definitely a good thing to get diverse views and opinions. Some times things do digress and go wildly off topic, which can lead to some good random discussions. Although some comments that I read do make me cringe

I'm not blameless but then again I haven't trolled trance fans in many years..

the point about women is more serious though. if women think this just a site for saddo blokes with dodgy views they'll give it a wide berth.

I honestly don't think that comes across too much on here, generally speaking. The big difference between this forum and others I go on is it has a bit of a 'club' feel, mainly because it's a small pool with a number of posters who have been here for years. Not sure noobs would necessarily 'get' some of the regulars and humour.

I honestly don't think that comes across too much on here, generally speaking. The big difference between this forum and others I go on is it has a bit of a 'club' feel, mainly because it's a small pool with a number of posters who have been here for years. Not sure noobs would necessarily 'get' some of the regulars and humour.

I don't get most of it either! I usually (tho not always..) manage to zone out the really irritating stuff these days. And sometimes I'll read a top post by Amigo or Moondust or someone on my level that makes it all worthwhile.

I don't get most of it either! I usually (tho not always..) manage to zone out the really irritating stuff these days. And sometimes I'll read a top post by Amigo or Moondust or someone on my level that makes it all worthwhile.
?

Back