UK Clubs closing at an alarming rate

this is serious bad news. Hopefully authorities see sense as fabric have jumped through every hoop the police have given them.
The root problem is the drugs circulating probably outside of the club and the age / knowledge of those taking them. I think the younger generation have less quarms about mixing things.

If Fabric goes how the hell can any venue with less income hope to carry on in an enjoyable manner?

the police had a huge crackdown on them a couple years back , tried to introduce all sorts of untested methods and Fabric invited them in and basically showed them how these things dont work ie queues getting out of control like you have in south london where they have I.D and metal detectors etc. Last couple times Ive been there the police have been just inside and it doesnt phase me one bit as I dont go there loaded etc. they were basically just observing the door staff making sure they were doing what they could.

I would rather have a club like that with high security on the door than not have it at all and I only go like twice a year

edit - didnt the WHP have the same problem last year? couple of deaths , they are back again this year

I no longer go clubbing in the UK but these crackdowns must take away a lot of the pleasure, while totally missing the point. The Arches in the months before it closed sounded pretty shit compared to what it was like when I used to go. I'm assuming more security measures on the door meant more chance of raising suspicion inside if you looked at all high.

They do but i guess the older you get the more you are there for the music over anything else so its no biggie to not get quadraspazzed.
Fabric have always had a strong team of plain clothes security inside. If you go by yourself a couple times you get to recognise one of them as I did. Dancing madly , with a wired ear piece in one ear lol. Also if you see a torch light flashng on someones legs / back then they are guiding their man on the floor.
As with anything just commom sense, back when it opened yes you could openly buy things on the dancefloor but those days are long gone

Looks bang in the middle of an industrial estate like the old Bass Box in Edmonton. Exactly where clubs should be free from noise complaints.
Some twat will still moan and it'll be shut down. Would love to be proved wrong though, but I just don't feel we embrace clubbing like we should. I do like the principles of what they are trying to achieve there. A place where you can just come and go...

i'm obv out of touch but my sources tell me that the 3 areas where things are still happening are Tottenham, Peckham and Hackney Wick but I guess people are getting pushed ever further East. Problem there is once you're beyond Bow then that is too far out for a lot of the party crowd. Obv everybody is looking for industrial estates to evade the sound police but it ain't easy. The Seven Sisters / Manor House area was great for a while a few years back for shared warehouses and work/live-in spaces that doubled up as parties but I think the landlords got wise and clamped down.

Looks bang in the middle of an industrial estate like the old Bass Box in Edmonton. Exactly where clubs should be free from noise complaints.

Had a look on google, it seems to be in the same estate that Secret Cinemas used for Blade Runner. Should be fine, and it's next to the 24 hour Jubilee line on weekends. Decent location for a club.

Back