UK Clubs closing at an alarming rate

The End was a great club. I saw Frankie Knuckles there in 2006.

I was there too! if that was a one-off?

so many memorable parties there

mr c / L&B
moodymann (dressed as a mummy!)
ben watt / justin martin ('sad piano' oof!)
cj mackintosh (milk & 2 sugars?)
laurent garnier (5 hours!)
erol alkan/ trash - gutted to miss LCD early gigs
green velvet (mad as frogs)
dj marky
danny rampling playing quentin harris lets be young and me totally losing it

fond memories of the toilet attendant who used to scream "No Soap! No Hope!" with all the passion of a preacher

and AKA - one of my pals had a monthly residency there for 3 years and it became a virtual second home

classic END tune

• Love
Reactions: Liv
I was there too! if that was a one-off?

so many memorable parties there

mr c / L&B
moodymann (dressed as a mummy!)
ben watt / justin martin ('sad piano' oof!)
cj mackintosh (milk & 2 sugars?)
laurent garnier (5 hours!)
erol alkan/ trash - gutted to miss LCD early gigs
green velvet (mad as frogs)
dj marky
danny rampling playing quentin harris lets be young and me totally losing it

fond memories of the toilet attendant who used to scream "No Soap! No Hope!" with all the passion of a preacher

and AKA - one of my pals had a monthly residency there for 3 years and it became a virtual second home

classic END tune

How funny, that you was there. Quite a small club as well. Not sure I went as much as you. Used to go to Milk & 2 Sugars, memory is hazy on who was playing though, one of the nights might have been Bobbie & Steve, but I'm not 100% sure!

The End usually started with friday night drinks after work, usually at some pub in Farringdon or Holborn - the 'cooler' people would have to find a discreet way to escape from their naff workmates (into timberlake or whatever in leicester sq) - it was like some masonic gathering where with a nod and a wink you worked out who was on your 'wavelength' - then eventually you'd all bundle into the club where the energy really hit you. it had issues, there were never enough places to sit down, people could get a bit territorial+ not necessarily the friendliest - slightly moody without being aggressive. it was different to fabric, way smaller, less touristy, loads of arty girls at Goldsmiths and St Martins and stuff. But people got on with their own thing I found and when the music hit the spot, it was amazing. I preferred AKA to dance in, it felt less intense, nicer lighting - more a club bar than the dungeon downstairs. I don't think London ever really replaced it tbh.

So we've seen a few places now come out and say they won't be able to open with social desticing measures. And some that are fighting to even remain in business. Will be interesting to see how things lie at the end of the year

Back