Two days left of my twenties

Bein 29, was far worse than hitting the big 3-0. I spent most of that last yr, stressing over the fact that I was about to hit 30.

Then when I did, I discovered that nothing had actually changed after all, & I still looked the same. Now I look even better than when I was in me 20s 8)

Still wish the bloody birthdays would slow down a bit tho. Moving too fast, lol.

pip uk said:
wasn't anyone here born in the 60's :oops:

i was - and i'm planning to lose my virginity at this ripe age too :lol: can't wait for my 1st time! btw, it's funny to witness all the anxiety around leaving the 20s. i can truly say i've partied more and gotten so much more out of life in general since 30. and now i get to pop a cherry!

I want to write a Booker prize winning novel

I want to write an Oscar winning screenplay

I want to be the DJing demigod

I want to be the next Chemical Brothers crossover electronica act

I want to meet a girl who's sassy, intelligent, beautiful and laughs at my jokes

I want to have 3 kids and buy a villa in Tuscany

I want to start my own ad agency

I want to backpack through Africa, South America and Asia

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :cry: :confused:
Done most of these now Marky?

Good thread revival @Buckley

I’ve found it interesting reading through a thread from 2005, its like a little trip back in time.

Find it quite sad as well, I wonder what happened to all of the posters in this thread? Doesn’t look like many of them are still around. I wonder if they still visit Ibiza? Is the island still part of their life? Do they have fond memories?

The forum seemed to be a bit different back then? A bit more open and free going.

I had a think back to what I was doing in 2005 at the age of 22. Ibiza wasn’t even on my radar, or the internet either.

I’m now a few weeks away from turning 40. Thats 4 decades of absolutely f***ing winging it. Surprised I’ve made it this far if I’m honest.

It’s also 10 years since I first stumbled over to Ibiza. What a year 2013 was! (I actually thought 2012 was my first year in Ibiza, but I was mistaken somehow)

I shall raise a glass to you all on Thursday morning from Newcastle airport as we prepare to fly out to the White Isle for our annual pilgrimage 🍻✈️👫🌅

18 years later and that poster isn’t far off 50. Time goes so quick, I’m 34 and already on the countdown to 40 which will no doubt be here in a flash. I went to ibiza for the first time in 2011 at 22 and being 34 seemed an age away. Roll on September for what will be my 5th visit to the island.

Find it quite sad as well, I wonder what happened to all of the posters in this thread? Doesn’t look like many of them are still around. I wonder if they still visit Ibiza? Is the island still part of their life? Do they have fond memories?

Of those who were/are real life friends of mine, so of whom my contact with is fleeting, most have had kids, some of been to the island with said kids, but I believe they still regard Ibiza and this forum as positive memory.

We had some great times, both here and in Ibiza, I guess other forms of online connection not being meant some of us were pretty much exclusive to Spotlight, so spent a lot of time here.

Last edited:
good points Antonio. FWIW I think forums have generally become more global and less local so fewer people know (or get to know) each other IRL so that impacts on the pisstaking and familiarity there used to be. I think also clubbing was a very different beast then... the continuum I guess is people still wanting to get kippered in the sunshine but beyond that, a different world now. There's also a lot less females on forums these days for whatever reason - but I dunno if the relentless (male) obsession with DJ oneupmanship is part of that?

*I heard from former forum member Discoplayer only this morning. She is over from OZ, back in ibiza all summer with fam in cala vadella, not seen her in years.

Back