TV Boxsets

Emma_1983

Im trying to watch less rubbish TV and get more into boxsets and good series.

Just ordered the first season of Mad Men as ive heard good things. Anybody seen this?

If you havnt already , watch The Wire.
Gavin n Stacey is my guilty pleasure also

Seen all of Gavin & Stacey, loved it. I enjoy the re-runs they sometimes put on UK Gold or whatever it is.

The Royle Family, The Office and The Inbetweeners are my all time faves.

Working my way through the Sopranos too but only halfway through season 2 at the moment.

oooh, good thread, love box sets... not into tv so much, as i like to watch it when i want, and we dont have 'on demand' here...

I've got back into watching 'South Park' after somehow neglecting it after the first couple of seasons (maybe due to Sky buying it). Endlessly on Viva and absolutely hilarious. :lol: Watched the Michael Jackson and 'they took our jobs!' eps last night.

If you want proper old skool, 80s 'V'.

Last edited by a moderator:
i still think southpark is one of the best things on tv!

theres a 3 part series called 'The Take' which was really good , was on Sky and is an adaptation of a Martina Cole book i think. Tom Hardy is superb in it , def worth a watch

Im trying to watch less rubbish TV and get more into boxsets and good series.

Just ordered the first season of Mad Men as ive heard good things. Anybody seen this?

I watched all three series straight through!

Brilliant series, i envy you for having not seen it!! :lol:

There are some brilliant characters in this!

i still think southpark is one of the best things on tv!

theres a 3 part series called 'The Take' which was really good , was on Sky and is an adaptation of a Martina Cole book i think. Tom Hardy is superb in it , def worth a watch

I have one of Martina Coles on my planner - The Runaway - I want to stick with it but found the first episode quite hard hitting - Im told the books are like this

Love Tom Hardy!

The wire, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Weeds, Oz are good box sets. I don't watch a lot of TV but I can pop a box set in watch and pick up where I left off. With a series I miss episodes and have to try and pick up the plot and story again.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wire, Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Weeds, Oz are good box sets. I watch a lot of TV but I can pop a box set in watch and pick up where I left off. With a series I miss episodes and have to try and pick up the plot and story again.

I loved Boardwalk Empire! Started off slow but so glad I stuck with it, cant wait for the next series!

I only own 4 whole series:
Friends
Fawlty Towers
Lost
Absolutely Fabulous

OK... I've got Sex & the City too but that's only because it's a Russian bootleg that cost about 5 pounds.

I ordered the whole series of House but it came right when there was some huge problem with consumer mail-order packages coming into Russia and it got sent back. Never managed to use my Amazon refund before it expired :evil:

Twin Peaks is another good old skool one.

I got my boxset before Xmas, but have only watched a couple of eps (I did see it 15 or so years ago).

I should note that my list above is what I have on DVD.

Most of what I watch is downloaded (only way to get shows from back home around here without waiting until Christmas!) so I've got several hundred gigs of various shows from the past few years - Entourage, True Blood, House, Walking Dead, Prison Break, Shameless US, The Big C, Mad Men, Flashforward, Jericho, Game of Thrones, Rubicon, a few more I can't remember right now.

Would recommend any of those (except only seasons 1-2 of Prison Break)

House and Ab Fab are good ones. I have watched a few episodes of true blood, keep forgetting which night it is on. Is it worth a box-set purchase?

Back