TV Boxsets

I watched Season 4 weekly as it was being aired, then went back and watched seasons 1-3 in rapid succession.

Now doing the same with Breaking Bad :lol:

I watched Season 4 weekly as it was being aired, then went back and watched seasons 1-3 in rapid succession.

Now doing the same with Breaking Bad :lol:

Definitely my favourite programme at the moment, looking forward to seeing how it unfolds!

Been watching a few recently.

Started Breaking Bad at Xmas and am now 2/3 through season 2. Absolutely adore this. 8)

Mad Men. About 2/3 way through 1st series. Pretty good, expect to watch S2.

Dexter. Watched up to ep 4 of S1 and am finding it horrendously overrated. Can't think of anything about it which is particularly good and the flashbacks are just awful. It looks cheap, there's no tension or quality acting and I'm not convinced by the main character. Does it get any better? :confused:

Im watching Prisoner cell block H boxset vol 1-3.."quick put the knife down B vinegar tits is comin"..

Love/Hate boxset 1-3..Its an Irish crime/gangland drama.some great characters and darkly funny

i had it on vhs back then but the 'Evil Dead' is lols, but never watch it early in the evening, or sober.....and you must watch all of them in one go.

enjoy :twisted:

You should read all the books (only books 1+2 of 5 have been on tv) the story has more depth to it plus the story takes so many twists n turns you wouldnt believe! I couldnt put them down read them all back to back!

Got them for Christmas, but I've got another two books to read before I start on the GoT books

Game of Thrones is brilliant- watched both series so far and can't wait for series 3. Dexter and South Park are my other recommendations!

breaking bad...i've just never got the hype with that show..watched the first series, but to me, it would've made a better movie than a series.

(game of thrones was great, along with the obvious ones mentioned so far such as broadwalk empire, dexter, sons of anarchy already mentioend)

will say i'm really liking (and i'll put my hands up, i do watch a load of tv shows...probably some i'm too old for & the wrong sex to be watching:lol:)

ray donovan
(jon voight dancing in the gay club / taking poppers was rather amusing last week!)

smash.
(so not the most heterosexxual tv show for a guy to be watching i will admit, but i find it rather entertaining...my new guilty pleasure)

friday night lights
(great show...great cinematography on the actual american football scenes (dont let that put you off.....was like the oc meets rocky / the wild cats (goldie hawn movie)

love / hate
(irish gangster series that started on channel 5 a few weeka go, rather good)

true blood

burn notice

house of lies

banshee (probably the msot over the top violent & sex filled show i've ever seen.

happy endings (underrated comedy..makes a good double bill with new girl i think)

the americans

breaking bad...i've just never got the hype with that show..watched the first series, but to me, it would've made a better movie than a series.

Doesn't actually get better until the second season. The first was a bit meh, but a friend was already up to mid point season two and told me it picked up so I persevered with it. Very glad I did!

Will have to check out some of the other ones you've mentioned, I'm running out of things to watch.

Back