Trainers/Sneakers

I have this stuff for my white trainers

E0027-9998-main.jpg

Haha cheers for the tip. I normally use an old tooth brush with soap and hope for the best!

I've restored midsoles to white on trainers that have been stained by miles and miles over iron-red dust or sticky mud from going through near-bog with those things just can't be arsed to do it very often even though it's a very quick job. It's only if they 'yellow' which some of these new fangled hype ones do, even sat in a box, that you need a more elaborate approach. The erasers basically crumble away as you use them then wipe off with a dettol wipe or something.

Crep protect is good for most uppers but it can cause damage to certain leathers, the best one I know for really pricey shoes with exotic materials is called Collonil, it's even OK for veg-tan leather but really shouldn't be wearing that if remotest risk of it getting wet and protection will inhibit patina developing.

I personally like flyknit / primeknit for everyday use - massive benefit of synthetic uppers is you can just take out insoles/laces, shove the shoes in a pillowcase each, and stick in the washing machine on 30 degrees (no spin). Dead Poseidonia on the beach/coast in Ibiza is a real nightmare for making shoes stink horrifically if you go through wet areas of it hiking or through shallow sea water in them. Washing machine treatment with a cap of Lenor unstoppables sorts it out - not much else works ! You soak the insoles in 50:50 white wine vinegar/water boiled up with some essential oils or unstoppables pellets for a few hours to disinfect, dry and then leave overnight in a bag with the surface covered in baking soda to absorb any remaining odour. Good as new !

Last edited:
I bought myself a fake pair of Adidas Yeezys on Ebay, was going to take them to Ibiza to wear in the clubs ?

Seller is based in China, so I'll probably never get them ?

Doesn't matter though as I'm not going to Ibiza anymore ?‍♂️ ?

Mmkay ... provided they are very good fakes :lol:

They don't really suit my feet TBH - still got 2 pairs of genuine zebras I bought before the 3rd release flooded the market which I've never worn. Pain in the arse to get rid of, as just about everyone buying Yeezys on e.g. eBay claims they are fake and asks for a refund !

Mmkay ... provided they are very good fakes :lol:

They don't really suit my feet TBH - still got 2 pairs of genuine zebras I bought before the 3rd release flooded the market which I've never worn. Pain in the arse to get rid of, as just about everyone buying Yeezys on e.g. eBay claims they are fake and asks for a refund !

Well they would have been ideal for bobbing around the dancefloors, but its all academic now I suppose ?

Yeah I can imagine that happens a lot, the price of genuine ones is crazy!

Yeah I can imagine that happens a lot, the price of genuine ones is crazy!

Think I paid about 130 for them direct off Adidas website - the first ones were going for nearly a grand but after all the re-releases the prices collapsed to about 250. Getting that without being completely robbed is quite another matter :rolleyes: :lol:

I have three pair of standard sneakers (well... one is high-top sneakers) and one pair that qualify as "for running" that I use for doing jumping jacks in the backyard.

I'm wearing the grey ones; which are by Adidas. I am such a shoes person! I probably wouldn't be had I not worked several retail jobs in footwear in my late teens and early twenties.

I have come to appreciate a good pair of shoes... :cool:

This is a long shot mate, but did you get them from a guy with an Instagram page called the bespoke box workshop?

Hiya,

No I didn't, but they are exactly the same and built the same way. Their Off White box looks awesome ! And his not a bad DJ, I saw him at DC10 last year.

I also have one of the doormat's " KISS MY AIRS, but again not from him, looks a great company though.

Just be aware that the giant boxes are extremely heavy and huge

To think people used to pay twice retail for the things. Fashion is a fickle thing :lol:

The rare NMD’s ( Invincible’s / Neighbourhoods ) - still go for serious money.

This for me this is the best and most comfy kick game Adidas have ever made

Back